View Full Version : KLH Model 331

tankdonovan
09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
KLH Model 331

Has anyone ever heard of these speakers from KLH? Saw a pair at an estate sale today. They looked in excellent condition. Looked to have an 8" woofer and 2" tweeter. All drivers looked good. Must be from some kind of KLH componant system. You know the kind with receiver and turntable on top. If they are still there tomorrow I may have to buy them. I really don`t need them.

TankDonovan

jpdylon
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Look to see where they're made. If its anywhere other than cambridge, mass. then leave em behind. I think the 331 was the last of the real KLH stuff but I don't know for sure.

Art K.
09-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Believe him...just bought the Model 5's today and they are amazing. Also have Premier Model 81's from later and they suck. They are barely adequate as stand in rears for the HT. If they are not from Cambridge they aren't KLH!

tankdonovan
09-09-2007, 02:31 PM
On the back of the speakers is a sticker that says KLH[large oversized letters] Laboratories and Research Center Cambridge Mass.

No were does it say made in anything. Also upon closer inspection I see that they are made out of partical board. Not much weight to them either.

So I passed on them. :thumbsdn: $30 seemed too much when I have more speakers than I need[don`t we all?].

I am very aware of the great sound that is KLH. I have a pair of Seventeens and I really like them. :yes:

TankDonovan