View Full Version : Paypal Takes Forever Now!

KingBubba
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know why all my Paypal transactions are now taking at least a week to clear the bank, whereas before, they were essentially instantaneous? It takes forever to get items from Ebay and elsewhere now.

avguytx
10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Mine have always taken 3 to 4 days to deposit into my account.

thedelihaus
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I transferred money from my bank account to Paypal. Checked the next day at my bank, and it was withdrawn from my count.

But checking into Paypal, it was 9 days "processing". If they don't work Sunday, that's 8 days. If they don't work Saturday, that's 7.

Unsure why it took so long.

But payments have either been handled in 15 minutes to 24 hours.

SoCal Sam
10-25-2007, 08:48 PM
It's called float. Your money is instantly deducted from your account and sits in internal "limbo" accounts while awaiting transfer and credit to the target account. The amount of money in transit must be staggering. Each day your "friends" at Paypal and the bank can delay crediting your account earns them huge interest!

KingBubba
10-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm not selling, I'm buying. So what you guys are telling me is that Paypal takes my money right away and then passes it to whoever I am buying from in their own sweet time?

DENNYDOG
10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
KingBubba,

Same thing happened to me a while back too and I couldn't figure out what had happened.

Then I noticed that I had forgot that my credit card had expired. If you do and instant transfer from your bank account and your card information isn't up to date, it will wait for the payment to "clear" before it lets the payment go through.

They do this because otherwise the use the card as a "backup" for the funds if someone doesn't have enough in their bank account.

I updated my card information and I was back to the instant payment.

Hope this helps!

Dennis

DENNYDOG
10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
:rant: Yeah it was a royal pita until I figured out what was going on. Good thing I didn't get any bad feedback out of the deal.

KingBubba
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
This may be an explanation why one seller showed a non confirmed address when my status is confirmed.

KingBubba
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Just checked and my account and card is up to date and my address is confirmed.

KingBubba
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
My card was not up to date it had been deleted from my account for some reason. Maybe this will clear things up. Thanks for the hints, it helped.

DENNYDOG
10-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Cool. Glad ta help!