View Full Version : Kenwood KD-67f

bouck15
09-11-2008, 11:06 PM
I have a chance to pick up one of these for $60. The only problem is I can't find any info about these things anywhere. Does anyone one know anything about them? Any help would be much appreciated!

bouck15
09-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Well I picked it up a few days ago..I have figured out it is direct drive with linear tracking. It sounds great, but I would like to buy a new cartridge for a decent price. What are some good budget Pmount cartridges that would suit a linear turntable? I listen to pretty much anything from country to hardcore punk/metal. Thank you!

hakaplan
09-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome to AK! Since this is not a common model, perhaps you'd like to post a pic for us. Anyway, for a decent, budget p-mount cartridge you can't beat the Audio Technica AT-92ECD. Look it up spelled that way on ebay and you'll find dealers selling it for $25 shipped.

bouck15
09-14-2008, 04:08 PM
I will get some better pics when I'm home..this is the only decent pic I could find online.

http://www.technics-vingers.nl/images/players/133_1_small.jpg

vivshank
07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
hi, i know this i a 3-yr-old post but here goes.

Here are some more pictures of the 67f. i bought this off a guy on craigslist for $15 in 2005. Used it for a couple of years and then had to move and it stopped working. The stylus wouldn't move all across a record.

Anyway I brought it back out a few weeks ago and tinkered with it a bit and it seems to be working fine. the stylus was pretty loose and i wondered if that was the problem and tried to make it more sturdy if you will. I tried to open the thing up but wasn't able to go all the way. then i kind of stuck of some paper near the stylus mount (on the bottom) and it wouldnt move at all --- shows you how much i know. anyway, so i got rid of the paper and it started working fine. it has an audiotechnica cartridge btw.

so my question is this -- should i buy a new cartridge cos the current one sounds just a little scratchy? i have it connected to a yamaha rx-v1500 amp. any other tips? thanks.

BrocLuno
07-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Clean your records, clean the stylus (back to front only!) with soft little brush and maybe some alcohol. Maybe no need to change the cartridge, just the stylus?

hakaplan
07-29-2011, 06:57 PM
If, after taking Broc's suggestion, it still doesn't sound good, then odds are the stylus is shot. What you decide to do depends on your budget; there are fancy styli available for this cartridge. However the least expensive and probably best place to start is the AT-92ECD on Amazon which is cheaper than any replacement stylus and a decent cartridge to boot. You remove the horizontal screw (if present) unplug the old cartridge, plug in the new one and insert and secure the screw. Hardware and stylus brush included.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-technica-AT-92ECD-Phono-Cartridge/dp/B00006HO3L/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311983540&sr=1-1

vivshank
04-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Many belated thanks guys.