View Full Version : Belt replacement on a Panasonic SL-N15 Linear TT?

jleon92f
10-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi Analog Fans,

I am trying to remove the platter on the Mentioned TT, will not come up easily? Am I missing something in the procedure?

Thanks,
John.:music:

hakaplan
10-05-2008, 12:47 PM
That should pull off. It's stuck because its been on there for eons. Keep working at it. Maybe a drop of oil or spritz of lube on the spindle to help it along. Then or course, wipe it up thoroughly.

jleon92f
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
That should pull off. It's stuck because its been on there for eons. Keep working at it. Maybe a drop of oil or spritz of lube on the spindle to help it along. Then or course, wipe it up thoroughly.

Thank you Sire, I am you humble servant..:yes::D

I thought so but, I always check as a Good Tech should before bringing out the Big Hammer!

This looks like a cool TT!:thmbsp:

Thanks,

hakaplan
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Wait, John. Didn't realize the 45 adapter was part of it. I retract what I said. Not totally sure now. Sorry! :sigh:

I think you have to take off the bottom and there is a clip holding it on. Hope I didn't mess things up for you.

Blue Shadow
10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Well Congratulations, Howard, 5000 posts that is a lot of very helpful information for the AKers. Probably mostly turntable info. Kick back relax and continue the great posting.

hakaplan
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Well Congratulations, Howard, 5000 posts that is a lot of very helpful information for the AKers. Probably mostly turntable info. Kick back relax and continue the great posting.
Thanks, buddy! I knew it was coming up, but then forgot about it today. Yes, probably 95% of that was in this forum.

jleon92f
10-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi Guys,

I found the clip,BEFORE bringing out the Hammer, it was under the 45 adapter, installed a belt I had here and it works nice, it will need a new stylus I would think but, it does play and it sounds cool.

Thanks for the help.

hakaplan
10-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Glad to see it worked out, John. It's the same size and design as my Technics SL-Q6, except that yours is belt drive. Certainly is nice and compact. My only beef with the Technics/Panasonic linears is the tonearm-in-the-dustcover thing. I like to be able to lift the dust cover and see what's happening. But like yours, mine does sound good. :thmbsp:

jleon92f
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Glad to see it worked out, John. It's the same size and design as my Technics SL-Q6, except that yours is belt drive. Certainly is nice and compact. My only beef with the Technics/Panasonic linears is the tonearm-in-the-dustcover thing. I like to be able to lift the dust cover and see what's happening. But like yours, mine does sound good. :thmbsp:

I have a question: How is the stylus tracking force applied?

The needle that came with this is working OK, has some life left in it.
Technics P-23.

Thanks,

hakaplan
10-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I have a question: How is the stylus tracking force applied?

The needle that came with this is working OK, has some life left in it.
Technics P-23.

Thanks,
I don't know the mechanical specifics of how it is applied, but it is set at 1.25g for p-mount carts.

jleon92f
10-09-2008, 07:07 AM
I don't know the mechanical specifics of how it is applied, but it is set at 1.25g for p-mount carts.

Thanks, I will set it up when I figure out how to adjust the force..:scratch2:

Later,

hakaplan
10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks, I will set it up when I figure out how to adjust the force..:scratch2:

Later,
No, John, sorry, I was not clear. You can't adjust the force. It is permanently set at the factory at 1.25g. All p-mounts track at that force so there is no need for adjustment.

jleon92f
10-09-2008, 08:25 AM
No, John, sorry, I was not clear. You can't adjust the force. It is permanently set at the factory at 1.25g. All p-mounts track at that force so there is no need for adjustment.

Wow, thanks for that, I ordered a new stylus because the old one played but was cracked from being bent back and repositioned. It would have fell off and damaged the lp it was playing. Cool so I just need to plug it in, great.
Thanks again,

Joey1127
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Cool,

I had a Technics SL-3 which was identical to this table. With an Ortofon X1-MCP, it really sounded good! Everything is factory set so there is nothing to adjust. Avoid the GRADO because it will hummmmmmmmmmmm on that table.

Joey

jleon92f
10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Cool,

I had a Technics SL-3 which was identical to this table. With an Ortofon X1-MCP, it really sounded good! Everything is factory set so there is nothing to adjust. Avoid the GRADO because it will hummmmmmmmmmmm on that table.

Joey

Hi Joey,

I am just replacing the stylus on the Technics cartridge. Sounded good before should sound better now.

Thanks,