View Full Version : KG-5.5 vs Forte II and Heresy II

gyusher
01-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Found a mint pair (one owner) of very little used KG-5.5s at a great price.

I'm trying to decide wether or not to buy them. Right now they would either replace my recently over hauled Heresy IIs that I'm using as rears with my Forte II/Academy front or I would pick them up just to have them for future use.

Would any of you Klipsch guys say the KG-5.5 would match the Forte II or the HII's?? Timbre match. . .

My last Klipsch system had 5.5s in front and 4.5s in rear. I liked it but I like my new system better.

I do like the KG-5.5 however. . .,

silversport
01-28-2009, 06:27 AM
I don't think they will timbre match but KGs get closer than other Klipsch speakers...two ways with LOTS of bass (but you knew that) if the price is right...you know the answer too...get 'em...I am a big fan of Klipsch Heritage but also heard the siren's call on a nice pair of KG 5.5s and 4.5s...I have the KG 5.5s in a HT application right now and the KG 4.5s giving better sound to a 2.0 system with TV...but if I had to choose KGs or the Heritage (I also have Quartets and have owned Heresys)...I would go Heritage (or extended Heritage)...
Looking forward to your pics of the new KGs... :D
Bill

cfranz
01-28-2009, 07:58 AM
You're being answered by a guy who doesn't like Forte's... I would match the KG against the Heresey's. Exceptional combination. Each makes up for the other....

OTOH, If you like hard rock, then the set you currently got Forte/Heresy is your best bet. Although adding the KG might get you better base.

If you absolutely must get rid of the HIIs, let me know, I'll take them off your hands.

gyusher
01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Not sure wether I'll buy them or not. After spending close to a grand on new cross overs all around I'm tempted to just rest and enjoy everything like it is for now.

I was sad when I sold my KG-5.5/4.5 combo then ran up on the ones in use now. I may buy them just to have them. I'd put them on my stereo but I also just bought a sweet pair of JBL-4312A's that really shine for near field listening. (9x9 computer room, actually more like 7x8) The 5.5 might blow up this small room. . . LOL. . .

I'll put them in use none the less. . . I need to put my old Fort'e Model 3 hot rod back in service as well. . .