View Full Version : Technics AV Surround Prcessor SH-AV44

JohnAdams
03-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I found this while cleaning out the attic. I think I bought it in the late 70's or 80's. It would switch between 4 audio-video sources (composite video only).
It had a 2 ch amp for the rear speakers and numerous calibration controls.
It was designed to use with an existing 2 ch. amp. It also has an unamplified center channel output.

Does anyone know if it has any value? It was "made in Japan" and has a full power transformer and not a "switching power supply.

Thanks

Hifirob2
03-26-2009, 03:42 PM
I own one of these - and thought I had the only one! Guess not. And, as I write this, I'm re-incorporating it into my main system in the living room to add many more inputs than my int. amp has - and to add surround sound for movies and such.

I think it has value - I've kept mine for all these years. I bought it as a floor model that came from a Technics rack system in 1986-87. It was pretty darn expensive back then - surround was pretty new to home users.

I have a copy of the owner's manual with specs.

Rob

tfranco60
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Hello,

would you help me to find a copy of the owner's manual ? Found one of these nice Technics SH-AV44 devices and I'd like to use it with my SU-V90D, so I need help for the correct connections, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Franco.

Hifirob2
02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Hello,

would you help me to find a copy of the owner's manual ? Found one of these nice Technics SH-AV44 devices and I'd like to use it with my SU-V90D, so I need help for the correct connections, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Franco.

Hi Franco - If you private message me with your email address, I'll send you a pdf file of my manual. Just give me a day or so to get it all scanned - ok? My copy isn't the best quality, but it should be ok.

Rob