View Full Version : Garrard Zero 92 Wiring

jcon109
04-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I picked up a Garrard Zero 92 for nothing! It is in perfect shape except that the wiring to the rca jacks on the bottom are disconnected. They were torn off during a move. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model?

Thanks

Old_Tech
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I picked up a Garrard Zero 92 for nothing! It is in perfect shape except that the wiring to the rca jacks on the bottom are disconnected. They were torn off during a move. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model?

Thanks

I have a Zero 100 that has two broken wires underneath and I am trying to figure out if the colors follow through the tonearm and are the same at the cartridge. Looks like one is signal and the other is a ground, but which of the two colors I have dangling are which? I have to figure that out and was going to post here to see then I saw your thread. I have a service manual coming tomorrow or Tuesday for it and I am sure it in there. I am just anxious to get going with it. If I find out more I will post here to help you.

Old_Tech
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Tonearm wiring uses a standard color code for channel and polarity ID: White = L Hot, Blue = L Ground, Red = R Hot, and Green = R Ground. If the cartridge pins aren't color-coded the same way, they will have letter identifications next to them.
Hope it helps you too! :banana:

jcon109
04-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I have red on left hot and green on left ground. I need to know where the yellow and white go.

ke4jhj
04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I have red on left hot and green on left ground. I need to know where the yellow and white go.

Your red and green wires are correct. The white wire goes to the left positive (center), blue goes to left negative (outside) and your yellow wire is soldered to a tab on the socket bracket. It is the tonearm to chassis ground.

jcon109
04-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks all!