View Full Version : Lafayette LR-3030A Stereo(does not)Receiver

samsavas
04-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Well Hi guys. I'm a newbie to the site and I am hoping SOMEONE can possibly help me out. I have the most beautiful Lafayette LR-3030A stereo receiver/amp that I picked up on C-list. I took it home...cleaned it all up...cleaned all contacts and it sounds AWESOME! One problem...the FM reception is NULL!! Nada, Nothing...OK, maybe 3 stations. What am I doing wrong? I tried every room, location and I bought a new dipole antenna. The radio is AWEFULLL. Seriously....I want to keep this amp. It is a beauty and in excellent condition. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what I can do about the FM reception? Is there an adjustment I can make internally? Is it possible to get a new tuner section(doubtful) or is my only answer to add an external tuner? Any help will be extrememly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ablethevoice
04-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Based on what you said, and not being able to hear it myself, my first guess would be that it needs realigning.

ryuuoh
04-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Second the realignment. You may have to send it to a shop, or find a technician near you to do the work. Unless you have the gear, it's impossible to correctly align a radio.

samsavas
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks people. I thought it might be something like that. I hate like heck to take to a shop but might be my only alternative unless I buy a tuner to hook up to amp. It might be a lot cheaper. I hear the service rates are pretty high these days.
One other question. I have an Onkyo TX-8511 amp that has a couple of selectors on front panel that are not working. Since these are electronic and unlike the Lafayette mechanical controls, can they be cleaned with contact cleaner also? For instance, I can't turn speaker A off and I can't turn Video 2 on. Do these switches have to be replaced? Thanks in advance.

avionic
04-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Key--Find a service tech that Knows how to align AM/FM stereo gear. Hint: PunkerX..:thmbsp:

samsavas
05-02-2009, 11:26 PM
OK, Who is PunkerX and how do I get in touch with him? SOOOO want to get this tuner fixed. Thanks guys....Sam

avionic
05-02-2009, 11:33 PM
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=627650&postcount=1

click on his name and send him a PM...

samsavas
05-02-2009, 11:51 PM
ks much avionic. that is what I did. appreciate your help . have a great weekend!!