View Full Version : How to get rid of Moles, Ground Hogs, Opossums, even Whistle-pigs

07-01-2009, 08:11 PM

Sometimes the biggest problems have the easiest solutions - if you can just be a little creative! Looks like fun too!

No affiliation by the way.

07-01-2009, 08:17 PM
WOAH!!! That is one bad ass tool.. I'm betting Bill Murray would have loved that... .

07-01-2009, 08:22 PM
That is very cool!


Mark W.
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM
wee do the same thing for almost free with a paper towel and a pint of gasoline.

Go around and open up 3-4 gopher/mole holes so you can clearly see the tunnel. Grab some scrap wood that will cover the hole Might also want to have a couple shovels full of loose dirt to help seal up the holes.

wad up the paper towel touch it to the gasoline until its wet. Place the wet paper towel down the hole into the tunnel 6' or more.

Cover the hole with the scrap board (something about 12" sq like wafer board or plywood works great) Then shovel a bit of dirt on top of the board and around the edges to seal

As they say on the Shampoo bottle repeat at each of the hole you have opened.

Now with 3-4 holes filled with a gasoline soaked rag time for a short break.

GO in wash your hands completely

go to the fridge pull out a nice frosty beer (or for you upscale types a glass of wine etc.) have a sit on the porch slowly drink your beverage.

then about 45 min after washing your hands find an old broom stick tree limb or some other 4 foot long piece of wood that is about an inch or so in diameter.

NOW for the fun part.

remove the covering from ONE hole being careful your dirt does not fall down and block the tunnel.

Now dip the wood stick about 2" into the gasoline. Carefully light the end of the stick and now standing at a 90 degree angle to the run of the tunnel touch the lit stick to the opening of the tunnel.

You will hear a LOUD woooooooshing sound and a bit of a pop. the boards on your other holes my be displaced.

One thing is for sure though any critter in any connected tunnel to the ones you lit off will have their lungs sucked out and die immediately.

WARNING do not do this if the tunnels run under your trailer house or other structure.

07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow.. that thing sure isn't cheap though... I was thinking if a guy had a set of regulators and acet/oxy or propane/oxygen, you wouldn't need to spend the extra cash...