View Full Version : How many speakers do you own?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ProAc_Fan
06-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Okay gentleman just how many speakers are occupying space in your homes? We'll count individually to take in account center channels and mono speakers.

Mike

Grumpy
06-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Hey mike

I think ya need to adjust the scale to go up to atleast 25 :D

Walt
06-27-2002, 05:32 PM
1 pair JBL S312 (3-way)
1 pair B&W series 2000/4 (3-way)
2 pairs EV S40 monitors (2-way)
1 Kef Q-95 center
1 Yamaha 320 subwoofer

Maybe 1 pair JBL L40 monitors to come (if I win on eBay).

I use the EV's, Kef center and Yamaha sub for my HT (which is rarely used these days).

Using my newer S312's for my 2 ch setup.

B&W's out of action (one of the tweeters has blown - haven't gotten around to fixing yet).

Wardsweb
06-27-2002, 05:48 PM
Ditto on raising the bar. 25+

den - 8
master bed - 5
guest room 1 - 4
guest room 2 - 2
kithcen - 2
living room - 6
garage - 2

THOR
06-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Cerwin Vega 1215MKII's
Altec Lansing Model 15's
EPI A10's
EPI A11's
Pioneer Quartet 70's
GE 10" 3 ways
Van Speakers
Accoustic Designs Center Channel
Accoustic Designs Surrounds

Helix
06-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Phase Linear Andromeda III's
Acoustic Research AR-11's (1970's)
Acoustic Research AR-7's (1970's)
KLH Model 5's
KLH Model 17's

car67
06-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Audio Note AN-K
KEF 104ab
Celestion Ditton 15
Celestion Ditton 25 (for sale)
Mission 70
Infinity RS4000 (for sale)
Klipsch Heresy (most likely for sale)

Hope to keep it down to 4 pairs
:)
Jack

GeniX
06-28-2002, 04:13 AM
doh! If you had waited a couple weeks I may have fallen into the 10 or less category instead of the 5 or less!

eargo
07-01-2002, 04:20 PM
I like this thread!

1 pair Dahlquist DQ-10s
2 pair Klipsch Cornwalls
6 pairs Magnepan MGI Improved
1 pair Tympani IIIB
4 pairs Magnepan MMG
2 pair Bose 901 (Thor, no matter how much grief you get about your CVs it pales in comparison to what you'd get if you admitted to owning Bose).
1 pair Apogee Mini Grand Subs
1 CV LW-15 Sub

and 8 or so pairs of 'mid-fi' bookshelves.... I've got these all stacked on racks against one wall and the visual effect is kinda funny.

and if I'm any kinda lucky at all....
I'll soon be picking up 1 pair Apogee Full Range (300 lb, 0.3 ohm, tri-ampable ribbons!)

maybe then I'll stop collecting speaks.

nah

eargo

angela
07-02-2002, 02:00 PM
ahhh hemmmmmm..... it's not just "gentlemen" around here any more ;)

I am addicted to ESL's. I just can't see myself ever going back to dynamic drivers.
I have 5 speakers currently.
I have one pair of Innersound ISIS and an Innersound proto type ribbon/transmission line speaker. The other two are my surrounds, and I am too embarrased to tell you what they are. They are next on my list to replace and will most likely get another pair of ISIS.

- angela

GeniX
07-02-2002, 04:47 PM
sorry, ESL == Electrostatic Loudspeaker?

and what is a dynamic driver?

angela
07-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Genix, I don't know whether you are kidding me or are serious, so I'll answer your questions seriously :confused:

ESL - You're right.
Here's a good website to read a little more if you like
http://www.innersound.net

Dynamic Drivers - Here's another link to explain the major differences.
http://www.audiooutlet.com/catalog/aoinfo3.html

Hope this helps!

:) angela

GeniX
07-03-2002, 06:38 AM
Angela,

My post was quite serious! Ive been reading audio forums for quite some time now, and must have either ignored, or glazed over mentions to the acronym and 'dynamic driver'...

thx 4 the links.

GeniX
07-03-2002, 06:40 AM
... so u telling me 'dynamic drivers' are just normal drivers in normal box speakers???

angela
07-03-2002, 09:21 AM
yep:boink:

eargo
07-03-2002, 10:09 AM
Hello angela,

I will admit that I've been ignoring ESLs for awhile now... part of that is I don't know if I want to 'start' with the vintage classic Quad or something new or DIY.

You mentioned a 'prototype' and I wasn't aware that InnerSound had one. What is it? You mentioned only one, is it a Center Channel?

eargo

angela
07-03-2002, 12:07 PM
Hi Eargo,

You need to check out ESL's ! I am telling you, the speed, the detail, the pressence - you just can't get that with dynamic drivers (too much stuff working against one another). IMHO :)

Roger has been working on new surround speaker design - Ribbon panels and his famous transmission line woofer.

I asked him to let me try this speaker but with the ribbon turned 90 degrees (on it's side) to allow me to use it as a center channel (lying sideways above the TV instead of standing vertically). So I became a beta tester and would give Roger my impressions and feedback on it's performance. SInce I have a projection TV, I was not worried about all the magnets that surround the ribbon tweeter. This is not his center channel design, but I just asked him to modify so that I could try it as that. The center channel that is under development uses cone tweeters, but a much cooler, faster design than most.
He is also working on some HUGE Refrigerator size (Let me hear a"tool man" snort here) sub woofer.

I don't know when he plans to release the new products, but I can tell you I have never dealt with such great service and sincere compassion for the music and the customer.

http://www.innersound.net/images/innersound.jpg

I auditioned Martin Logan Prodigy's and I am telling you for strong bass response and quickness, the ISIS beat them. And as far as price ($2500 vs $10,000), it made the choice even sweeter!
They have a big brother called EROS and these are very wonderful as well. My listening room is just not big enough for the EROS.

thanks for asking
- angela

moondog
07-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi Angela - Nice to have a lady around here finally!

The ISIS's look very cool! I'll have to check into them a bit more.

Happy Listening!
mOOnie

angela
07-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Thanks for welcome, :butt2:

You will be amazed at these speakers. When the do come up for sale, you can usually pick them up between $1200-$1600.

Roger will also arrange a home demo loan as far as I remember.

angela

THOR
07-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately you still need "dynamic drivers" for your bass and low end.

angela
07-05-2002, 10:04 PM
But the ISIS have woofers with the transmission line design that Roger has perfected. The bass response is outstanding.
:grnbounce

(i am not getting sucked into any more, 'plain these speakers to me, Lucy discussions.... I think that my leg is getting tugged on rather harshly here :eek: )

THOR
07-06-2002, 08:41 AM
??? A woofer is a regular speaker right?

eargo
07-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Hello Angela,

I don't think anyone here is pulling your leg. It seems that most of the posts regarding speaks mention the classic dynamic driver design models. Thor might be rubbing in the fact that alternatives often incorporate classic technology but you've got to remember that his pride and joy are is EuroMod CV's and awhile back he ate a bit of criticism.

I don't know how you 'discovered' stats but it probably paralleled how I discovered planers. You don't see them or pay attention to them until one day when (for whatever reason) you give them a listen and if they've been set up properly you're hooked. If you remember that time, then you'll remember that the term 'dynamic driver' wasn't needed until you tried to figure out why or what the differences were between traditional speaks and the alternatives. I think that maybe there is genuine interest among the readers here in the alternatives...

Thor,

Yes, the woofer is a cone. The transmission line is a design that seeks to 'control' and 'extend' the TL'd speaker. Quickly, a simple acoustic suspension and/or a bass reflex color the low frequencies. When blending a dynamic driver to a faster transducer (like an electrostatic, magneplaner or ribbon) there is often a perceived 'lag' in the initial low sound wave and the accompanying harmonic mid/high and thus incoherence.

The current ongoing problem with Stats, Planers and Ribbons is producing the lower octave/s. One of the premier ribbon manufacturers (Apogee) tried to solve this problem with two different designs... a 'full range' series with relatively huge ribbons and a hybrid incorporating dynamic drivers (cones). Of historic note, the original Apogee (a full range 3 ribbon design) was designated the 'Flagship' or 'THE Apogee' or simply 'Full-Range' until they built the 'Grand'. The Grand incorporates cone subs with 3 ribbons.... further note, there were only 25 made. Carver built 'the Amazing'... another hybrid.

Magnepan builds magneplaner speaks (and was partly responsible for the demise of Apogee ala patent infringements). Magneplaner speakers generally go as low as 40-50hz. There is a model (Tympani IVa) that will go as low as 30hz. Magnepan has never built a hybrid and as a result, the most popular message board post (relative to Maggies) is 'What Sub should I use?'.

The most 'popular' stat manufacturer is arguably the Martin Logan and most of their designs incorporate a bipolar/cone sub with a stator panel. The ongoing discussion/argument relative to this design is that the Martin Logan models don't blend the cone bass to the stator mids/highs very well (thus the implication of Angela's note about the Isis incorporating TL technology).

Finally, there is a fundamental difference between classic cones and planers/stats... dipolarizationamundo... but that is another discussion for another time.

Or maybe I was sucked into a 'Lucy' discussion (funny, never heard that term before).:dunno:

eargo

THOR
07-08-2002, 10:50 AM
I wasn't tugging no one's leg I am a genuine noob when it comes to most of this stuff especially high end stuffs. I was simply saying that from what I have read in other posts about Electro stats is that many prefer them but still must turn to a "dynamic driver" to get a full range of sound aka Ward's Martin Logans and his monstrous 18" subs that he uses. I was simply standing up for "dynamic drivers" since angela said she would never go back to them but the pic she shows they have a combo of a dynamic driver and a elrctro stat.

bully
07-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Perhaps the reason is psycho-acoustic, the way we perceive sound. Human hearing is primarily attuned to approx 3,500 Hz. The 'most important' freq range is the mid-range from about one octave below that point (say around 1500 Hz) to about two octaves above that point (oh, let's say 14,000 Hz).
At my age, my upper range of hearing probably drops off very rapidly after 15K or 16K Hz.
The reproduction of sound through the range 1.5K through 15K Hz is what we first notice. Oh, unless someone has a subwoofer cooked up with an old dbx subharmonic synthesizer!
Electrostatics, ribbons, and planars provide the lightest and quickest response, the sound often described as light, airy, pure, exhilerating, sheer, shimmering, etc.
On the downside, they usually lack the ability to deliver the very bottom octaves (not that we really 'hear' them, but because they provide the overtones of the music). They do not 'move' enough to develop the pressure necessary for low tones.
Also, they have tended to be a 'difficult' speaker to drive properly.
Yes, they can be a tremendous listening experience.
I love my Infinity Qb's with their little EMIT tweet, and the HPM supertweet in the HPM-900s. I also find the boron-dome tweet in the P-530 a superb reproducer. So, there are dynamic drivers that produce fine sound.
BTW, I bought my first real 'hi-fi" gear from Gayle Martin when he was working at Keif's in Lawrence, oh a few years ago :D

pete, have amps, anyone want to loan me some difficult speakers?

Lefty
07-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Celestion ditton 44
Dynaco A-25
Radio Shack Realistic minimus 7

Not counting a pair of Boston 5" car audio speakers mounted in cheap enclosures for testing unproven receivers and amps. You wouldn't test out a new find on your existing good speakers, now would you? :eek: Good easy way to burnout the voice coils in case there is a failure in the output/protection circuit.

Another way to pretest a recevier's output is to just measure to see if there is any DC output voltage at the output terminals before hooking up the speakers. Should just be no more then some millivolts. Note that the receivers needs to be powered up for this test but there need not be any source playing.

angela
07-08-2002, 12:29 PM
Thor, You're right!
Most, if not all, of the ESL's are "hybrids", consisting of the ES panel and a woofer. With the right design and cross over setting, you get the best of both worlds. The way that I understand it is that the lower frequencies require a larger push-pull excursion (thus the bigger magnet on the cone) for the sound reproduction and does not mate well with the panel, which is quick/fast/short excursions.

Angela

djronc
07-08-2002, 02:04 PM
I know it get's crazy sometimes but here we go. Twenty-two pairs of speakers is not normal.

1. ACOUSTIC RESEARCH AR-4X
2. ADVENT THE SMALLER ADVENT
3. AUDIOSOURCE LS 0NE
4. BOSE 901 SERIES I
5. CERWIN VEGA B36 A BASS SUB
6. CUSTOM MADE DOUBLE 12'S TWO-WAY SPEAKERS
7. ENERGY PRO 22 w/Stands
8. FISHER HERITAGE SERIES XP-10
9. GENESIS MODEL 1
10. GENESIS MODEL 7
11. JBL LANCER 101
12. KLH MODEL 6
13. MAGNEPAN 1.5QR
14. NHT VT-2
15. NHT 2.5
16. NORTHEAST BASS SCOOPS w/Guass Woofers
17. OHM WALSH SAT
18. ONKYO F-5000
19. PARADIGM MONITOR 90P
20. POLK RT-2000
21. POLK RT-1000
22. REALISTIC MINIMUS-7W

bully
07-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Haven't thought about how many for a while.
Phase Linear P-530
Marantz 900
JBL CF-150
Optimus Pro LX-8
American Acoustics D-5550
Technics SB-4500A
Optimus 900
Minimus-77
Advent Loudspeaker (AKA the Larger Advent)
Infinity Qb (oy vey, sold 'em!)
Pioneer HPM-900
Pioneer CS-9900
Realistic Mach Two
Realistic Electrostatic 2a
Advent Loudspeaker (2nd pair, this is the fancy model)
Advent New Advent Loudspeaker
Advent Smaller Loudspeaker
RTR 123 (2 pairs)
Yamaha NS-A838 (2 pairs)
Yamaha NS-A638
Realistic Nova 7B
Realistic Nova 8B
Mystery 12-inch, 3-way
JBL Century L100 cabinets, the Frankenspeakers :D
pair of HPM-100 woofers
pair of Wharfedale 12-inch woofers
numerous mid drivers and tweets
1 cabinet about ready to install xover & drivers, the other one still in mind, but 'should' match the one I've got :rolleyes:
2 Dahlquist PDQ-1500
KLH 10-inch powered woofer
Realistic/Optimus powered woofer
Realistic/Optimus passive woofer
Pair of 15-inch drivers out of CS-99
ADS L500
Utah MP-3000
Utah WD-90
Atlantis Award 66

mebbe I selected the wrong box, this seems to be something over 50 *individual* speaker systems, but only 29 pair.

oldtubes
07-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Only a few

Hartley Concertmaster V (home built cabinets to Hartley specs.)

Dayton III DIY (partsexpress)

DIY Satellite/Sub (Philips 1"dome tweeter/Dayton 5-1/4" Mid in satellite with Radio Shack 8 inch passive sub)

(2) Vintage Jensen 12" woofers for passive HT sub

Sony SS-MB100H for HT surround

Yamahaluver
03-15-2003, 11:54 PM
A pair of Yamaha NS 1000X( wanted NS 2000 but couldn't afford them), a pair of Canton Ergo 120, two pairs of Yamaha NS 300 speakers in my surround system, a pair of NSC-300 for center speakers for front and back, a pair of NS -100 bookshelf for my front surrounds and lastly a pair of NS 10M for my PC.:)

LPD
03-16-2003, 01:13 AM
Geeesh..some of you guys are quite the collectors. My problem is I don't have the room to hang onto too many speakers, but plenty for tubes:D (if you want to store any tubes at my place feel free to send em' my way).

1)JBL 4333AWX
2)Large Advents
3)Altec Model 9 Series 2
4) One Karlson K-15 with EV 12TRX (for mono jazz lps)

I've had many more but usually sell em' off to buy bigger and better.

Yamahaluver
03-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by LPD
Geeesh..some of you guys are quite the collectors. My problem is I don't have the room to hang onto too many speakers, but plenty for tubes:D (if you want to store any tubes at my place feel free to send em' my way).

1)JBL 4333AWX
2)Large Advents
3)Altec Model 9 Series 2
4) One Karlson K-15 with EV 12TRX (for mono jazz lps)

I've had many more but usually sell em' off to buy bigger and better.

An understanding wife and familly plus a masochistic desire to go bankrupt helps. I recently constructed my house and made sure I devoted two rooms exclusively for A/V.

michael w
03-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by eargo

Magnepan builds magneplaner speaks (and was partly responsible for the demise of Apogee ala patent infringements). Magneplaner speakers generally go as low as 40-50hz. There is a model (Tympani IVa) that will go as low as 30hz. Magnepan has never built a hybrid ...

Hi eargo,

Those original Apogees were never true all ribbon speakers, the tweeters (and mids) in the 3 way systems were true ribbons but teh bass section was in reality a magnetic planar, just like a Maggie, hence the patent problems.

Magnepan have never built planar/dynamic hybrids but they have and still do build hybrids (if we define hybrid as a speaker using two or more dissimilar driver technologies).

The current top models; 3.6 and 20.1 use a combination of true ribbons and planar drivers.

The big 20.1 has bass response to 25hz.

cheerio

Kipp
03-16-2003, 11:21 AM
one pair Platinum Audio PT 806
one pair Klipsch Heresy
one pair Sound Dynamics RTS-3

...always on the lookout for more;)

Kenwood Man
03-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Awesome Thread!

The speakers I own are

Pioneer HPM 1100
Kenwood KL A900X
Audio Spectrum III
Marantz HD66

There's more sets in our house but there the only one's that matter! :)

Hoping to add to those:
Kenwood KL 999's
Vintage Cerwin Vega
Sansui SP X11000
Pioneer HPM 200

Thanks,
Peter AKA Kenwood Man

PhotonDon
03-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Oh, allright...

Snell Type D
ESS AMT1B
JBL L100
Paradigm Titan
MB Quart point 5
AR 2AX
one EV model eight (anyone else have a single?)
Pair of EV corner cabinets, one w/aStromberg-Carlson coax, the other a EV Wolverine coax
Klipsch outdoor speakers
Athena powered sub

Looking hard at 'stats.

Don

madpioneer
03-16-2003, 06:53 PM
I'm game!
Living room 2 PIONEER HPM-200: 2 Realistic MACH I
Dining Room 2 PIONEER CS-99A:2 PIONEER CS-66G:
2 Kenwood KL999Z: 2 Acoustic Technology
Master bedroom 4 Realistic MACH II: 1 RCA Center Channel:
2 RCA Rear Surrounds
Out on loan 2 PIONEER CS-301
21 Total?

gonzo
03-16-2003, 08:28 PM
I need help,
L-300 Summits
L-100 Century-2pairs
L-110 The most transparent things I have ever heard.
L-166-Horizon-2pairs
L-65-Jubals-2pairs
Ar 3ax
Ar-Tsw-910s
Advent the new model-2pairs
Sansui-sp-2500
Pioneer HPM-100
Thats not counting raw drivers,crossovers and other assorted parts and boxes.Ya see I hit garage sales,thrift shops and goodwill on a normal rotation.On bulk trash days you will find me cruising the various neighborhoods on their designated days.It kills me to see ANY vintage piece gutted for the sake of some money grubbing yahoo,speakers primarily.GONZO

rgrjit8
03-16-2003, 10:43 PM
XPL 200 2 pairs
XPL 160 single for center channel
Rock Solid Monitors for surround
JBL L45 Flairs for daughter
Klipsh Heresy in sister's basement
JBL 4355s

Total 13 but I checked under 10 as only 9 are actually in my house.

Toasted Almond
03-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Carver Amazing Platinum Mk. IV (He-Man stereo rig)
AR-2 (cabinets are trashed)
AR-9 (1978 vintage, not the new Model 9's, used in my HT rig)
AR-18
ADC 303ax
Advent "Graduate"
Advent Model 3
The "New Advent Loudspeaker" (Stephie's bedroom)
Advent "Mini"
The Smaller Advent Loudspeaker (only one)
Altec-Lansing Model 85
Audiofile Cubes (no model #)
Auratone 5c (purchased from old Leonard Feldman's estate)
BIC 52s
Boston Acoustics BA735 (computer speakers)
Electro-Voice "Marquis" (my garage speakers
Electro-Voice Model 7
EPI 100v
EPI Magnus 10
Infinity SM-62 (one needs woofer)
KLH Model 6 (2 pair, one pair in Tiff's bedroom, one pair at work)
KLH Model 24
KEF 102
Lafayette Criterion 2ax
Optimus LX-4 (Linaeum tweeters)
Parasound BPI-450 (passive subwoofer)
Polk RT-5
RA Labs Mini-Reference (Roy Allison Labs)
Realistic Minimus 7 (3 pair)

Everything in-house except for one pair KLH 6's on my desk at work, driven by Pioneer SA-9500 integrated and TX-9500 tuna. If I take a walk around the house I'll find more.

I knew it:

Phillips FWB R7
Goodmans EE-10 (only one)
Dynaco "Options" A-15 (only one)
Encore XS-100 computer type sub

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

eThink
03-18-2003, 09:46 AM
The following speakers have a walnut veneer cabinets :ntwrthy:

- ads L400
- ads L710
- ads L810

- MB Quart QL 402S

- KLH 17 (owned for 30 years!)

- Minimus 7

This subwoofer has a black cabinet finish :(

Yamaha YST SW 205 (subwoofer)

Retro Stereo
03-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Here goes:

Pioneer HPM 100 - 3 pairs
Bose 901 Series VI - 3 pairs (6.1 surround sound w/JBL 150w sub)
Pioneer HPM 60 - 2 pairs

17 total - Looks like that is a little below average, so I've got some work to do......

:)

Greg

2x6spds
03-19-2003, 02:28 AM
6 Michaura M55s
4 Michaura M66s
2 Michaura M665s
2 Axiom M2is
2 Mission 77ds
2 Wharfedale Sapphire SP83s
1 Klipsch KLF C7
1 Merak MC6H
1 Velodyne CHT80
1 Velodyne CHT100
1 Klipsch LF10
1 Dahlquist PDQ 15
1 Vance Dickason Titanic Subwoofer
1 modified Kenwood SW300 (Dayton II Woofer 10")
2 Klipsch Quintet mini-monitors in storage.

All but 2 of the M55s and the Quintets in use.

28 speakers.
omigod, I've gone mad.

joelll
03-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Speaker Pairs:
Original Large Advent ("The Advent Loudspeaker")
BIC (model number forgotten, 3-way large bookshelfs on loan to a friend)
Cambridge Soundworks early-series Ensemble system
EPI A70, 105, 120C
EGO (unknown model number from the 70's or 80's, has anyone
ever heard of this brand??? They're a mid-fi three-way bass
reflex in a reasonably heavy cabinet, with 10" woofer.)
Genesis Physics I, 1+, 10
JBL 800 (out on loan to a friend)
Polk Monitor 12

Center channel:
Polk CS400

Total: 25 speakers. I'm beginning to admit that I have a cheapo-vintage-audio addiction problem.

The Genesis 1+ and Boston Acoustic A100 pairs are refoaming projects I've just started working on (the A100's were set out with someone's trash, and the 1+'s cost me $10 just a few days ago). Before I found them set out with a used-audio store's trash, someone replaced the 10" woofers in the EGO's with Radio Shack drivers (yuck!). The EPI A70's are the pair I've owned the longest, since 1979. My home theater uses the EPI 120c's for mains and A70's for surrounds and the Polk center channel speaker (I can't use a subwoofer in my apartment...)

joel

BlackSwamp
05-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Total of 9 but nothing to write home to mother about.

Axiom M80ti's

Cerwin-Vega D-7's

Bose 201's
(do these count?)
Bose 151's

And finally, the 12" inside my Mesa Boogie tube amp

botrytis
05-17-2003, 05:44 PM
This is an interesting read. I will take a stab.

1 pair Royd Doublets
1 pair Wharfedale Diamond Anniversary 7.2's
2 pairs Polk Monitor 4's

Dave

Yamahaluver
05-17-2003, 10:19 PM
A pair of Yamaha NS-300 for fronts.
One NSC-300 for center.
A pair of NS-90 for front surrounds and a pair of NS-100 for rear surround with NSC-100 for rear center.

Three subs, two Yamaha YST-SW800 in front and one YST-SW320 in the rear.

Apart from that, a pair of Yamaha NS-1000x for pure 2 channel music and a pair of Canton Ergo 120 for the same purpose.

Walt,
How do you find the Yamaha YST-SW320?

I am in the process of replacing my YST-SW800 with YST-SW1500 which are even bigger monsters with 1500watts of power and a 12" woofer.

ohskigod
05-17-2003, 10:27 PM
1 pair polk audio rta-12 (mains)

1 pair polk audio rt55i (one of which being used as a center for when i watch movies, and one in the closet)

1 pair of bose 501 series V (stop laughing, they make a great surround speaker :rolleyes: )

1 pair really old wood cabinets, used to have altec lansing drivers which have long since died, currently using them for my first foray into DIY speaker building

Andyman
05-18-2003, 03:45 PM
OK, I think I counted 22 pair last week, let's see what we have today

JBL 4311 monitors, the main guys
Omega 6" 2 ways, basement bench test speakers
Infinity RS-10s, HT/TV speakers
DLK Model 1s, garage speakers
Electro Voice Model 7Bs, heading to Mom's house

Those are what I'm keeping (maybe). The rest need some work, mostly refoams, and are headed for the 'Bay, but I may keep a few. You'll see why:huge:

2 pair Large Advents w/masonite woofers
1 pair Large Advents w/other woofers
Advent Legacys
Small Advents
EPI 100s w/walnut cabs
EPI 120s
EPI 500s
AR 4axs
IMF Monitors, early version
RTR IIIC towers,
Bose Interaudio 2500s
Ohm C2s
Ohm Ls
Mirage 360s
Boston Acoustics A60s
2 pair Minimus 7s
1 Mission 700
and 1 ElectroVoice Regency

and I just dropped off some Fisher 105s and Lafayette Criterion 777s at the SA.
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

CUlater
05-20-2003, 01:22 PM
another vote for cool thread!

here at the office:

pair of Sherwood Woodstock-M (came with the Sherwood S-7100A on my desk, seemed to be part of a prepackaged system from Sherwood?)

taking a mental tour of the house, I recall having pairs of:

Large Advents :D
Fisher XP 7
Fisher XP 56b
EPI T/E 120 :D
Realistic Mimimus ? (bigger than 7s)
Genesis 110
KLH 23
Pioneer HPM-500
Pioneer CS-88a
GE ? (6.5" tri-ported two ways)
AR 8
EV Interface/2
Bose 601/II
Bose 301
Bose Acoustimass 7 (5 double cubes, subwoofer)

That's all I can remember for now...after reading that list of 38
total speakers, all I can say is...

Help, I've fallen for vintage hifi and I can't get up!!!

Grumpy
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Been a long time since i replied. Things have changed a bunch. I guted about 25-30 pairs, Sold another 30-35 pairs or so and Damn it if I still dont have at least 30 pairs or so around the house. Funny part is I stopped taking in speakers months ago. I swear they are multiplying on their own ! :nutz: a few of my favs are

Tandberg Studio monitors
OHM F
OHM 2XO
Infinity Quantum 4
Large Advent
Linn Index
RSL Elan
Boston A40
EPI 100
EPi 90

Counting your speakers is like counting your money at the blackjack table....Bad luck. :p:

cruisaire
06-17-2003, 10:00 AM
The ever changing "few"

Audio Concepts Home Built Kit (pair)
AR-4X (pair)
AR-4xa (pair)
KLH Model 20 (1 pair) + parts for 2 more
Advent 1 - utility vinyl (pair)
Advent 2 - utility vinyl (pair)
The Advent - utility vinyl (pair)
Ohm Walsh Model 1 (pair)
DCM CX-17 (pair)
Polk Monitor 4 (pair)
JBL L20T (pair)
Infinity RS 1000 (pair)

djronc
06-17-2003, 11:50 AM
update

3. AUDIOSOURCE LS 0NE
4. TWO PAIR OF DAHLQUIST DQ-10'S
9. GENESIS MODEL 1
10. GENESIS MODEL 7
11. JBL LANCER 101
12. KLH MODEL 6
13. MAGNEPAN 1.5QR
14. NHT VT-2
15. NHT 2.5
17. OHM WALSH SAT
18. ONKYO F-5000
19. PARADIGM MONITOR 90P
20. POLK RT-2000
21. POLK RT-1000
22. REALISTIC MINIMUS-7W
23. CARVER AMAZING PLATINUM IV
24. CERWIN VEGA SL-B36 SUB (JUNIOR EARTHQUATES)
25. KLIPSCH KG-2.2
26. INFINITY RS-4001
27. POLK RT-3000 SUBS
28. SANSUI SP-1500

mech986
06-23-2003, 02:42 AM
I haven't really thought about it (that's probably why I have too many) but here goes:

1. JBL L300 Walnut
2. JBL 4333A Walnut
3. JBL L88 Cortina (only 1)
4. Altec 602B Coaxial in a large non-horn Altec Oak Cab (never seen this cab before)
5. ADS L200 Black
6. ADS L300 White
7. ADS L300 Black
8. ADS L400 Walnut
9. Audix PH15 powered small monitors (2 Pairs)
10. JBL Control 1 (single)
11. Ferrograph S1 prototypes (English speaker with KEF B139 in small transmission line)
12. Large Advent wood veneer (needs refoaming)
13. Small Advent vinyl (needs refoaming)
14. JBL L40 Walnut (surrounds just starting to fail)
15. Jim Rogers JR149 (1977 vintage, English speaker with cylindrical Aluminum cabinet and LS3/5a KEF B110/T27 drivers)
16. KEF R101 light Rosewood small monitors (1978-79 vintage)
17. Chartwell LS3/5a 15 ohm Walnut
18. Chartwell LS3/5a 15 ohm Teak (single)
19. Spendor LS3/5a 11 ohm Teak (single)
20. Rogers LS3/5a 15 ohm Teak
21. Rogers LS3/5a 15 ohm Walnut
22. Rogers LS3/5a 15 ohm 1 Teak, 1 walnut (shhhh! actually my brother's but he hasn't asked for them back yet)
23. Rogers L35B Reference Low Frequency Speakers - a pair of 13" subwoofers with Electronic crossover/amp (XA75) - very rare!
24. Falcon Monitor Quality Compact, normal version - A DIY version of the LS3/5a - very good sounding!
25. Falcon Monitor Quality Compact, deep cabinet - better bass extension
26. JBL Control CM62
27. Dynaco A25 Walnut
28. Dynaco A25 Walnut
29. Dynaco A50 Walnut, scuffed and scratched
30. Infinity RS4B - Cabs bad, drivers need refoaming
31. Altec-Lansing ACS40 computer speakers (3 pairs) very nice sounding for the size

Phew!! Those are the speakers with enclosures!!

I also have as raw drivers:

1 pair of SEAS 13 inch woofers (CA33R4Y-DC) similar to the ones in the Rogers L35B (33F-WKA) except they are coated paper and have a dual voice coil.

Many, many KEF B110 SP1003's and T27 SP1032's and LS3/5a type crossovers from Falcon Acoustics in Britain. Can you tell I like that design?

That's too many speakers!!

Warmest Regards,

Bart Yee
La Habra, California

Don C
06-23-2003, 09:27 AM
1 JBL 240ti, my main speakers
2 Infinity reference studio monitors my old main speakers
3 JBL L20T computer speakers
4 Velodyne F-1200 computer sub
5 JBL L20T3 extras, possible future surround
6 JBL B212 sub, extra broke
7 M&K Volkswooker extra Broke
8 Electro voice Leyton, extras
9 Sansui somethingsomething, extra kabuki speakers
10 Infinity infinitesimal, garage speakers
Just parted out the JBL L-100s and the Heathkit AS-10s
Always in danger or dragging something else home.

Andy_G
06-23-2003, 07:04 PM
but there may be some hiding somewhere :grnbounce

Andy_G
06-23-2003, 07:07 PM
...drivers for maybe another 6 pairs depending what I decide to make.

:rockon:

gees I love these smilies !!!:thmbsp:

Andy_G
06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
.... i just noticed you had a pair with the Kef B139 driver in a TL !!

I just got hold of a pair of B139's from an old pair of Celeste boxes which had fallen apart.

Can you give any info, design etc about those TL's??

TIA AG

:beerchug:

Andy_G
06-23-2003, 07:16 PM
I counted all my PA speakers, there's 10 of them, all made by ARGOS, of course !

merrylander
07-10-2003, 01:42 PM
So far only a pair of Polk Model 7s, a pair of Infinity RSa's and some modern stuff.

Interesting discussion between Angela and others. Back in the late '50s, early '60s I came across some fellows building ES panels. They simply painted perforated panels with conductive paint and using insulating gaskets stretched conductive plastic membranes between two 1 x 2 foot panels.

They drove these panels directly off the plates of a PP tube amp with the membrane attached to the centre point of the output, so the quality of output tranny was of no concern. They had mounted four panels on a curved rack so that the final "speaker" was a 4 x 4 array or 16 panels. It had the "airy" sound and great transients, and the bass seemed to be there. I was saving up to buy a bunch of their panels when they were closed down for some patent infringement.

Of course with 300 volts on the panels I imagine it would have been advisable to keep the house kinda dry. ;)

Wanted to show off the re-foam of the RSa's but damned if I get the icon next to the browse box.

Rob

Grumpy
07-12-2003, 04:56 PM
I take it you like the CS99A's :banana:

Johnny
07-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Paradigm Monitor 9v2 ***
Pioneer hpm 500 ***
JBL 4311 ****
Yamaha NS A836 ** (clean, if not a bit TOO flat)
Warfedale Valdus 100 ** (good bang for buck)
Pioneer CS-G403 (minus *)
DCM KX12 ** (very harsh at anything near loud volumes. Bass Bass Bass !! Still, ultra crap.

If forced to choose a favorite it`d be the Paradigms, barely.

I`m hoping Toasted A` will have pity on me and send those Carvers my way :D :D

J;)

Mr Natural
07-15-2003, 07:45 PM
some of you have amazing collections:thmbsp:

here's my list, including audio, HT and music

Double Advents - original from '72
Smaller Advents
Advent Baby II's
Advent 400's
Frazier Black Boxes - Garage system

Polk Rt25i's (4)
Polk Cs245
SVS 20-39PC+ (16hz tune)

Marshall 1960A
Electovoice Eliminator III's

MikE
07-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Somehow I missed this thread. :dunno: MikE

1. Silverline Sonatina

2. Infinite Slope Model 1

3. Signet SL260 mini-monitor

thejohnderosa
09-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Main Listening Room (2-channel) - ADS L880

Main Listening Room (tube mono) - Soundcraftsmen "Lancer"

Main Listening Room (Home Theater)
Polk Audio Monitor 4 front
Boston Acoustic CS-2 center
Mini Advent II rear
JVC 8" sub

Living Room - Design Acoustics D-6

Son's Room - Mini Advent

Master Bedroom - Infinity RS2001

Guest Bedroom - Bose 5 satelite & sub

Darkroom/Office - ADS L420

Garage (workbench) - KLH Model 8

Garage (weightbench) - JBL Control 5

Patio - Advent Marbl

Extra speakers (not used at the moment)
Infinity RS3001
Dynaco A-35

2x6spds
09-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 2x6spds
6 Michaura M55s
4 Michaura M66s
2 Michaura M665s
2 Axiom M2is
2 Mission 77ds
1 Klipsch KLF C7
1 Merak MC6H
1 Velodyne CHT80
1 Velodyne CHT100
1 Klipsch LF10
1 Dahlquist PDQ 15

28 speakers.
omigod, I've gone mad.

Picked up another pair of Michaura M55s
Retired a pair of Michaura M66s to storage
Gave away the Whafedales
Picked up a pair of incredible Dahlquist DQM 905s
Picked up a naval nuclear reactor sized SVS 20-39 subwoofer

Total of 31 speakers.

That's not normal.

vertex
09-13-2003, 07:49 PM
A noobies contribution

1 pair Acoustic Research ar-2ax

1 pair KLH model 24 (coupled with the model 24 turntable/receiver, they're suprisingly good)

1 pair BIC soundspan 200's (omni-directional, anybody familiar with these?)

1 pair Realistic Optimus 1 (KLH/AR acoustic suspension knockoffs, but pretty nice IMHO)

1 pair JBL L19

1 pair Altec Lansing 847a Sevilles

Andyman
09-14-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Andyman
OK, I think I counted 22 pair last week, let's see what we have today

JBL 4311 monitors, the main guys
Omega 6" 2 ways, basement bench test speakers
Infinity RS-10s, HT/TV speakers
DLK Model 1s, garage speakers
Electro Voice Model 7Bs, heading to Mom's house

Those are what I'm keeping (maybe). The rest need some work, mostly refoams, and are headed for the 'Bay, but I may keep a few. You'll see why:huge:

2 pair Large Advents w/masonite woofers
1 pair Large Advents w/other woofers
Advent Legacys
Small Advents
EPI 100s w/walnut cabs
EPI 120s
EPI 500s
AR 4axs
IMF Monitors, early version
RTR IIIC towers,
Bose Interaudio 2500s
Ohm C2s
Ohm Ls
Mirage 360s
Boston Acoustics A60s
2 pair Minimus 7s
1 Mission 700
and 1 ElectroVoice Regency

and I just dropped off some Fisher 105s and Lafayette Criterion 777s at the SA.

OK, lets see how' all this has changed since May.

I've sold the AR-4axs, Ohm C2s, the Minimus 7s and parted out the Regency, bought and sold a set of JBL LE15s and 375s, some Infinitys, Pioneers and parted a second Regency.

I've added the following.

On the patio:

A set of small 2 way AudioPhase speakers ,

In the garage there:

Klipsch La Scalas (1975 black lacquer version w/full grill)
EV Aristocrats in walnut cabinets (full blown 3 ways!)
A second set of Mirage 360s
A second set of Small Advents
2 more sets of EPI 100s
Dynaco A-25s
Dynaco A-25xls
Fried Model Q's
A single Ohm L
And yesterdays AMT Heil AMT-1a Ms

So 22 -4 + 9 = 27!!!

I guess what amazes me the most is the variety I've accumulated, especially the relatively unique ones like the IMFs, the AMTs, and EPI 500s.

That and the fact that I've assembled such a diverse collection of "keepers" with the East Coast sound Advents, EPIs and Dynacos, The West Coast JBLs (I love rock and blues; crank up "One Way Out" by the Allmans on these babies; YEAH!!!), and the older horn loaded designs in the La Scalas and Aristocrats.

I plan on doing a huge A/B test on some of these one day, but it probably will take hours/days to evaluate all the stars as to overall sound, listenability, fatigue, and breadth of music. They all certainly have their champions and rightfully so.

Too bad I don't have the room to set a huge stack in the corners; the La Scalas on the bottom w/ the AMT-1a Ms, the 4311s and Aristocrats, and on top and a set of stacked Advents on the side.

Could be fun!!! :D :D

jws
09-17-2003, 07:01 PM
2 pairs of AR9LS's 1 pair of Legacy Whispers an old pair of Fisher 3-ways, ST-760 I think. They were my first "real" pair of speakers and a pair of Infinity RS-4's. I think I need a bigger house!

WhiteSE
09-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Never had more than one pair at a time...

I went chronologically like this:

Bose 901 series IV
Wharfedale Modus 8
Mission 773e
Mission 774
Platinum Audio 808
Pinnacle Classic Gold Aerogels

and now JBL L-96

joshnich
10-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Lets see..

1984 Klipsch Cornwalls
1977 Klipsch Cornwalls
Warfedale W-70s
Warfedale W-60s
Paradigm monitors
parasound in wall speakers
Dynacos

Im sure Im forgetting something!

gyusher
10-28-2003, 04:20 AM
I own many loudspeakers. I am sure to miss something. I will start with systems. . . .
1 - JBL L-112 (4)
2 - JBL L-150A (2)
3 - JBL B-380 (1)
4 - Sony SSTX7S (7)
5 - SVS 20-39 (1)
6 - Polk RT25i (2)
7 - Large Advent (2)
8 - Pioneer CS-922A (2)
9 - Advent / 1 (2)
10 - NHT Super Ones (2)
11 - Pioneer Towers 12in 3 way (?) (2)
12 - 2 DIY subs / 4 twelves compound loaded DynAudio drivers
13 - Acoustic Energy 12in powered sub (?)
And those that are not MINT. . .
1 - Marantz Imperial IV (2)
2 - Sansui S-730 (2)
3 - Marantz 12in 3 ways (2) (?)
4 - JBL-2300 (2)
5 - Minimus 7 (2)
And others in various stages of decay either need surrounds or don't work for some reason. . . .

Delshadowrio
10-28-2003, 01:44 PM
In Boxes

2 pair of Sansui SP3500
2 pair of Pioneer HPM 100's
1 pair of Sansui SP5500
1 Pair Altec Sanatana
6 pair of minimus 7's
1 pair of realistic t100's
Raw

2 pair Marantz Imperial 7 woofers
1 pair HPM 60 woofers
1 pair RTR woofers
3 pair Marantz HD88 Tweeters and Mids

Delshadowrio

vanman
10-28-2003, 07:49 PM
pair of db plus 440
pair of jbl kits
pair of EV 4
Pair of wharfedale
pair of Optimus
pair of phillips
2 pair of rectiliner
pair of coral
pair of boston accoustics
pair of jbl l26
pair of b&w model ?
single sansui sp-5000
single techincs

That is most of them. The sad thing is I am only 16 and already have all of these. To make it all worse All i have to drive them is Nad 7155 and a modern fisher.

Steve
kc8tpr

RuSsMaN
10-28-2003, 08:18 PM
AR 206HO
Advent Legacy v1
Optimus 1B
Realistic MC1000
Realistic Nova 15
Realistic Solo 1
Polk M2
Polk M6 s2 sub
Polk SDA CRS+
Polk SDS SRS 2
Polk RTA15tl
Polk RT7
Polk Atrium 45
Polk S4
DCM Sub One
DCM 710 Sub
B&W DM303
B&W LCR3
B&W ASW500
Dahlquist DQ10
Norh 3.0 Drums
Infinity QB (2 pair)
Jamo Sub 50
Design Acoustics PS-55
Cheapie Jensen outdoor jobbies

And a few DIY designs, open baffle etc...

Cheers,
Russ

TroyD
10-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Carver Amazing's (original version)
Dahlquist DQ-10's
Polk LSi9
Polk LSi7
Polk LSiC
Polk R10
Polk RTA12C
B&W 601S2
Pioneer CS88a

Out on loan I have a pair of Ohm Walsh 2's and a pair of Boston Acoustic A100's that need rehabing.

BDT

PastorEric
10-28-2003, 10:19 PM
1. Paradigm Reference 100.2 - 2
2. ACI Jaguars - 2
3. Definitive Technology BP-2000 - 2
4. Definitive Technology - CLR3000 - 1
5. Bose 901 - 2
6. Boston Acoustics A60 - 2
7. Phase Technology Teatro 11.5 - 2
8. Paradigm ADP-450 - 2
9. Monitor Audio 3i - 4
10. Paradigm Center - 1

tropicalian
10-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Yamaha NS-10m
Pioneer HPM 100
Ohm Model E
Sansui SP-2500

1 altec lansing HT sub (don't know why i still have this)

qboneus
10-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Vandersteen 2ci
Phase technology 9t
NHT SB3
JBL 4311
JBL 630
rectilinear III
Altec Lansing 880B
Heathkit 27? 2-way
Epicure 100

Thats all right now, seems like such a small quantity compared to most here, guess I need to show my wife that it COULD in fact be worse.:D
Tal

GordonW
10-30-2003, 12:47 PM
My speakers are a real potluck thing... I tend to "rescue" lots of secondhand speakers!

Pairs:

1 pair JBL Lancer 77s
1 pair Pioneer HPM900s
2 pair EPI M150s
1 pair EPI M70s
4 pairs EPI M100s
1 pair Cerwin-Vega W10s
1 pair Bose Powered Roommates
1 pair Boston A40s
1 pair Infinity RS2002
1 pair Infinity SM80 (missing parts)
1 pair custom built, Vifa C17 6.5"/Vifa D25 tweeter in 2 ft^3 cabinets
1 pair custom built, dual-6.5 woofers, 3" mid, 1" Peerless tweeter
1 pair custom built, dual-10 woofers, dual-3" mids, SEAS tweeter

(BTW: The last two pairs, are prototypes for my own line of speakers... I'm haggling with a cabinet builder to start making boxes, and I'm planning to sell them retail, soon!)

Singles:
1 odd EPI M100
1 EV-clone corner TL/horn cabinet
1 Acoustic Monitor (threw the drivers away, rebuilding as soon as I find another cabinet to make a pair)
1 custom dual-5.25" MTM center channel
1 custom built HT sub, Dayton Thruster 8" woofer/Madisound 15" passive radiator

I also build and re-build lots of speakers...
Raw Drivers (waiting for projects):

18 EPI/Genesis 8" woofers
16 4" TV speakers (good midranges!)
100 3/8" Onkyo mylar dome tweeters
48 1/2" Goldwood mylar dome tweeters
1 Small Advent woofer
2 Focal 8K515G4 8" kevlar woofers
4 Dayton 295-310 8" woofers
2 Dayton 295-306 shielded 6.5"
1 KLH 17/38 10" woofer
2 Philips AD8061-W8 8" paper cone woofers (stop-sign baskets)
4 MB Quart 6.5" car midbass drivers
1 Blaupunkt Velocity 15" DVC woofer
3 Sony XS-L16 6.5" midbass
1 EPI M70 6.5" woofer
2 Vifa M10MD39 4" mids
2 Peerless LK76 2" fullranges
2 SEAS 11FGX 4.5"
2 Vifa D25 tweeters
2 Dayton silk-dome tweeters
1 AR3 dome mid (bee-butt)
1 AR3 dome tweeter (3/4")
4- Dayton 295-315 10" woofers
2 Tangband W3-879S 3"

I'm sure I missed a dozen or so somewhere...
:rolleyes: :D

Regards,
Gordon.

Turbota
10-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Not many ...

(2ea) Pioneer HPM 1500 (sold)
(2ea) Polk RTi70
(2ea) Polk RTi38
(1ea) Rava sub

Retro Stereo
11-06-2003, 04:41 PM
I figured I'd better update this because things have certainly changed around my house since my last posting on the speakers I own. I was using 3 pairs of Bose 901 Series VI speakers for my surround system, but I sold all those and replaced them with 3 pairs of Pioneer HPM 100s. So, here goes:

1) 4 pairs of Pioneer HPM 100's
2) 1 pair of Klipsch Forte's
3) 1 pair of Klipsch Forte II's
4) 1 pair of JBL LX-55's (For sale)
5) 1 pair of Acoustic Research AR-9's (1980 edition)
6) 1 pair of Bose 601 Series I's (still the best Bose ever made)
7) 1 pair of Pioneer CS-M755's
8) 1 pair of Pioneer CS-X500-K's (rear R/L surrounds)
9) 1 Pioneer CS-C250-K (center channel surround)
10) 1 JBL PB-10 150 Watt Floor-firing Subwoofer

Retro

MJC
11-08-2003, 09:00 AM
HT setup:
2 original JBL L212 towers
3 home built JBL L212 towers w/ upgraded crossovers
2 JBL L55, used for rear channels
1 JBL PB12 sub
1 Peerless 12" sub

speakers in other rooms:
1 JBL L55
1 Infinity center
2 Shack

Bigyank
11-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Home Theater:
Boston Acoustics with JBL Subwoofer (250 Watt)

Living Room:
Acoustic Research AR-1s

Home Office
JBL S-38e's

Outside (half court basketball)
Klipsch SA-3s

Computer:
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

quadttawa
01-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Numbers are indicative of mix of SS and tube equipment in various configurations throughout house. Collection began in 1968. Objective is (increasingly) high efficiency and flexibility (Cornwalls), no matter the source, as have grown bored with dragging large speaker boxes across the room and stacking for storage.

Klipsch Cornwall
JMI Mercer Audio 3 way (Jensens)
Rega Camber 2.5
Tannoy C5 (2 pair)
Dynaco A25 (2 pair)
Heybrook HB2
A16 Euridia
Leak Mini Sandwich
EV Interface 3 Series II w/equalizer (*)
EV Aristocrat pair SP12B/T35B (*)
Tannoy Lansdowne / Goodmans Axiom 150 MkII
Tannoy GRF replica cab. / Goodmans Axiom 150 MkII
Goodmans Trebax HF units
Jensen 12” f/r w/EXG8” HF unit
KEF Kit Duette / Karlson cab. replica / B139 and T15
Telefunken L60
Philips / Telefunken f/r (several pairs 5” & 6” for low power tube amps *)
Isophon f/r 12” (two pair for low power tube amps) (*)
Goodmans Lafayette 500 12” 3-way (*)
Wharfedale 70 4 way in fitted Pioneer HPM1100 cabs (in progess)
Philips 12” f/r vintage from tube consoles (*)
Heathkit 2 way kit w/custom Heath cab.

* = not presently in use

Thatch_Ear
01-23-2004, 11:56 PM
1 pair Stromberg Carlson 12" coax
3 Stromberg Carlson 15" coax
1 pair Altec 416s
1 pair Altec Coronas
1 pair Altec 421s
1 pair Altec 604 8-Gs
2 pair Heil AMT-1s
1 pair full range Eminence DIY TLs
1 pair Chimera Labs 12'' DVC isobaric subs
1 pair Chimera Labs 15" DVC isobaric subs
1 EV Aristrocat with Knight 12" triax.
1 pair Heath Kit AR-3 clones
1 pair Janzen Electrostatics
1 8" DVC Norman Labs sub.
1 pair University CobreFlex Horns
Assorted loose drivers including 4 DVC 7" Focals that will be my next DIY speaker project

AUDITECH
01-24-2004, 12:10 AM
25 pair
sansui
mission
psb
altec
jenson
dlk
jamo
realistic
dcm
pioneer
polk
jbl
scott
heath kit
infinity
speakerlabs
bose
fisher
kenwood
ar
athena
sanyo

Larry
01-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Still a rookie in the hobby...I have the following:

DCM Time Windows - original owner -first series
JBL 100
Polk 7B
KEF Q
Design Acoustics ps5
Sansui LM220
Large Advent
Vandersteen 1C
RTR Series 4 Model 3

Larry

Andyman
01-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Larry:

Might fine start for a rookie!

I have JBL 4311s, several sets of LAs and a pair of Time Windows too, keepers all.

Jon S
01-24-2004, 11:56 AM
1 pair Polk LSi15
1 pair Polk RT2000p
2 pairs Polk R15
1 pair Citation 7.3
1 pair KEF 104/2
2 pairs Polk in-walls
2 pairs Polk RT55i
1 Polk CS400i
1 pair Magnepan II (not sure model number)
1 pair Carver ALIII+ (woofers shot)
1 pair Yamaha NS1000
1 pair JBL Decade (36?) (woofers shot)
2 Polk PW650 subs
1 Polk PSW300 sub
1 Sunfire Mark II sub (hums like a transformer :mad: )

just dumped AMT Rock monitor 5 (woofers shot, cabinet fell apart)
just sold JBL L36

big problem in Hawaii is humidity. Some foam surrounds don't last a year sometimes. That's why I refuse to buy any speaker with foam surrounds now.

jt1stcav
01-25-2004, 01:09 PM
At present I only own 2 pairs:

1979 Klipsch Cornwall
2003 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

In the past I've owned:

1999 Magnepan MGLR1
1983 JBL L112 Century II

Other consumer grade low-tech loudspeakers from Bose, dbx, and RadioShack aren't worth mentioning about here.

CarlV
01-25-2004, 01:38 PM
I feel great after reading all these large collections posted. I now
see I haven't listed mine, here we go.
In the house:
JBL CS3115 - current main
JBL C34 - in this room
JBL C37 - bedroom
In the garage:
JBL 2500 - using currently
Altec A7
Boston Acoustic A 60 or 70 or? 2ways my Dad used in his kitchen
Yamaha - don't know,3 way, haven't heard them
and loose driver's, horns, x-overs, JBL and Altec
Oh yeah, a pair of those JBL double scoops setup.

Carl

soundhd
01-28-2004, 10:55 AM
(1) pair of 4350B's (in the Hide-A-Way)
(1) pair of 4311B's in Living Room
(1) extra pair of 4311's that I picked up really cheap awhile ago..
(will find a spot for them...no problem)
Polk System (Audio for the Video in the Hide-A-Way): (4) KG.5's;
(1) AV1 and (1) SW8
(1) Pair of Vosnick David's in the workshop
(1) pair of Ohm K's in the Sun Porch
(1) pair of Community CSX's for my DJ system
(1) pair of Yorkville powered sub-woofers for the DJ system
(2) pairs of JL Audio's on my Harley touring scooter
(2) pairs of Infinity's in my 72 442
Mach 460's in the wife's Taraus
Bose system in the vette
2 factory speakers in the Ranger...... ICK..........(hey, it's my get to work VEEEICKLE.......)
Pair of Polk speakers on my computer
Pair of Boston Speakers & a Sub-Woofer for the wife's computer
Pair of Galaxie Hot-Spots for stage monitors (drummer)
5 Community CXS-38-S2 floor monitors (trying to sell these)

dms1
02-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Here is what I have

Kef 104/2 (2)
Paradigm Studio 100 v3 (2)
JBL 4412A (2)
JBL S38 (2)
Infinity Kappa Video Center (1)
Radio Shack Optimus Pro LX5
Antother pair of cheap JBL's in the garage

zem
02-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Heh! I should show THIS SITE to my wife! SHE thinks I am NUTS for owning so much audio equipment! :p:

1 pair Pioneer HPM 100's
1 pair Celestion Ditton 22's
1 pair Celestion Ditton 130's
1 pair Altec Lansing 891A
1 pair Bose 601

Tour2ma
02-27-2004, 01:34 AM
Talk about your bi-modal distributions....

2 pr AR 3a's
1 pr Advent Large Originals
1 pr EPI Model 200
1 pr Pioneer CS 88
1 pr Yamaha NS 960
1 pr Dahlquist DQ-10's
1 pr Carver Amazings (Original)
1 pr Magnepan 1.5

1 pr Polk SDA SRS
2 pr Polk f/x 1000
1 Polk CS 400
1 Polk CS 350
1 pr Polk LS f/x

Trawlerman
06-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Quad 77-10L's (Cherry)
Spendor SP3/1's (Rosewood)
ProAc Response 1SC's (Canadian BirdsEye Maple)
Kef Q15.2 (Dark Apple)
Wharfedale Denton 2 XP's (Teak)
Jamo D113 (Black Vinyl) :puke:

and a really nasty pair of Akai SR-HF3s :puke2: :yuck:

Oh... nearly forgot there is also an Acuoustic Energy AegoP5 sub/sat system that really kicks arse for HT Duties :thmbsp:

botrytis
06-27-2004, 09:57 AM
An update, currently owned:

1 pair Rogers LS2's
1 pair Royd Doublets
1 pair Royd Envoys
1 pair Wharfedale Diamond 7.2's
1 Pair Polk Monitor 7A's

Ones that will be sold:

2 pairs Polf Monitor 4A's
1 Pair KLH 23's
1 pair Advent 2003's
1 pair Genesis Physics 1's

I guess that is enough for now.

Dave

DAGLJAM6
06-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Today:
Klipsch KG2-1pair
Altec Lansing 3 series II-1 pair
Realistic Mach Two-1 pair
JBL 4410-1 pair
EPI 100v- 1 pair
JBL 3800-1 pair
Infinity RS6000-1pair
KLH-17- 1 pair

Just havin' fun

Dave

Trawlerman
06-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Just added a pair of Wharfedale Dovedale III's to the throng :)

tony2v
06-28-2004, 12:59 PM
My current speakers:

Stereo system:
Magnepan MG12 (1 pair)

HT:
Polk Audio RT35 (1 pair)
Polk Audio RT25 (1 pair)
Polk Audio CS400
Polk Audio PSW120

Computer:
Cambridge SoundWorks "SoundWorks"

jsjazz
06-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Rectilinear X
Smaller Advent
Infinity Qe
ADC 303ax
Celestion Ditton 15

Zero
06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
The list of currently owned speakers:

Polk Audio LSi-15
Polk Audio Lsi-C
Polk Audio LSi-7
Polk Audio Psw 202
Polk Audio RTi38
Polk Audio RTi100
NHT SB-3
Totem Acoustic Sttaf
Audio Note AX-TWO

merrylander
06-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Polk Model 7B
Large Advent
EPI T/E 120 Series II
KLH 511
KLH indoor/outdoor (mounted on the test bench)
Home brew Pioneer mini-monitors

Rob

john_w
06-28-2004, 03:55 PM
2 pair Phase Research Model R's
2 pair B&W N805's
1 pair Polk RT16's (will be selling - hopefully soon)

1 B&W HTM2 (center)
1 B&W ASW 800 (sub)

You said "...in your house" or something to that effect. So I should mention my tenant/house-mate has 5 OGKW's. ("Only God Knows What.")

And if PC speakers count, I should mention 5 Altec Lansing's (Don't recall model numbers. They're 4 cheap little plastic, featherweight jobbies and a cheap plastic sub, so I don't much care about them.)

So that's 12, 17 or 22, depending on what qualifies.

B3Nut
06-28-2004, 05:08 PM
1 pair each of:

1975 Klipsch Heresies
Polk Monitor 4a
Minumus 7 (white)
Sansui AS-200
ADC 303AX
Advent Baby II (awaiting refoaming)
Utah AS-2A
JBL TLX105

I need more :D

TP

pbda
06-29-2004, 03:00 PM
1 pr. AR-3a
1 pr. KLH Model 5
1 pr. JBL Century L-100
1 pr. Electro-Voice Interface A

ohskigod
06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
i remember this old thread, i see it has new life again. here's my updated list

1 pair Polk Monitor 5
1 pair Polk RTA-12B
1 Pair Polk RT55
1 pair Polk SDA-2B
1 Pair Bose 501 series 5 (their not thaaat bad!)
1 kinda DIY pair that i keep changing around (dont ask)

you might say i'm a bit of a polk fan

chris denyer
06-29-2004, 09:33 PM
IMF-Super Compacts
Mordaunt Short "pageant series 2"
AR 7
Celestion UL8
Energy ESM2
Rogers LS5
Tannoy MC (centre)
Interdyn P33

I own a pair of each of above, if anyone has any info on the Celestion UL8's i would appreciate it. I think they date to late 60/early 70's.

Chris

Fuzzy Lumpkins
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Pair of Belle Klipsch's
Three Klipsch KM-6's (Military version of the 5.5's)
Pair of Klipsch SS-3's
Pair of Cerwin Vega D-9's
2 Cerwin Vega HT-CTR's
Pair of HPM 1500's
Pair of HPM 100's
Pair of HPM 500's
Pair of Infinity Kappa RS6's
Pair of Infinity RS 325's
Three pair of BIC V52's
Pair of ADC's.
Pair of American Acoustics.
Pair of Pioneer bookshelfs.

B3Nut
07-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow, nice collection of speaks there, and welcome to AK! Nice to see yet another Wisconsinite here! :D

Todd in Mount Horrible ;)

Fuzzy Lumpkins
07-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks Todd.

Todd from Muskego.
:D

dmax99
07-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Klipsch Chorus', DCM Time Windows,Pioneer CS99-A,And KLH 160

DanTana
07-02-2004, 10:03 PM
6 ea Infinity RS-10
4 ea Radio Shack
2 ea EPI 20+
2 ea JBL L77
2 ea Wharfedale W40D
2 ea Paradigm 3se
2 ea Panasonic
2 ea Unknown

Plus many pair of computer speakers, including Harmon Kardon, Boston Acoustics and Infinity.

2 ea EPI 100's just added from GW for $2.99 each.

AudioGeek
07-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Let's see...2 main stereo spkr's, 3 inside the TV (L+R + sub spkr), 2 in the boombox, 4 in the car, and 1 in the PC!

That's 12 I guess...;)

Tullman
07-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Not including raw speakers I have lying around, I have the following..

1 pair of JBL 4311's
1 pair of JBL L100's
1 pair of Madisound DIY's
1 pair of KEF bookshelf speakers gutted and upgraded.
1 pair of paradigm monitor 3.3's
1 pair of paradigm monitor 3'3's modified, (they sound nothing like the unmodified version)
1 McIntosh XL W1 bass speaker
1 pair of Thiel 7.2's

I am the only Thiel owner that has posted on this thread!

john_w
07-05-2004, 10:27 PM
I am the only Thiel owner that has posted on this thread!

That's odd. I auditioned a pair of nice Thiels recently. It seems that it takes a really good amp to drive them well, after trying it with a couple of different amps they had in-store. Maybe it has to do with more extreme output impedance variation with wide-band drivers. Still, they sounded great with a really good tube amp! Phase/time coherence really does make a big difference in the imaging.

I haven't seen any other mention of Phase Research speakers either -- also phase/time coherent technology, of a different design. Anybody else even heard of these? How about Clements Audio? (Same designer, different company name).

Tullman
07-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by john_w
That's odd. I auditioned a pair of nice Thiels recently. It seems that it takes a really good amp to drive them well, after trying it with a couple of different amps they had in-store. Maybe it has to do with more extreme output impedance variation with wide-band drivers. Still, they sounded great with a really good tube amp! Phase/time coherence really does make a big difference in the imaging.

I haven't seen any other mention of Phase Research speakers either -- also phase/time coherent technology, of a different design. Anybody else even heard of these? How about Clements Audio? (Same designer, different company name).

I use my 7.2's with Pass 1.2 class A monoblocks. These amps are really nice and are in the same class as the speakers.

daev
07-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Hmm, intriguing question.
And, after a few weeks of lurking, it provoked me into doing my first post on AudioKarma.

NHT M-10 - 2
Chartwell LS3/5A - 2
Sound Dynamics RTS-3 - 2
Alesis Monitor One - 2
Alesis point seven - 2
ADS 100 - 2
ADS 300 - 2
Advent Powered Partner - 2
Scott S-10 - 2
M&K Goliath sub - 1
Radio Shack Minimus 7's - 8
Radio Shack Optimus LX5 -2
Cambridge Soundworks:
Ensemble II's - 13
Powered sub - 1
Ensemble Center - 1
Movieworks Surround -2
Outdoor - 4
Newton M50 -2

Live sound
Community CSX-35 - 2
Community MVP-25 - 2
Sunfire sub - 1
CSW Mains – 2
CSW Stage monitors - 3

Looks like about 60(!) in regular use, and that doesn't include any raw drivers laying around or those cheezy ones on computer systems. Hmmm, maybe I've got a fetish problem I didn't know about here...
_daev

Workingslug
07-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I am really taken back by what nice collections are being shown on this subject.

One (1) pair Cerwin Vega Re38
One (1) pair JBL J2050
Two (2) pair Bose 901 Series VI
One (1) pair Klipsch RF-7

djronc
07-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Here's an udate to my speaker collection in pairs.

3. AUDIOSOURCE LS 0NE
4. BOSE 901 SERIES III
9. GENESIS MODEL 1
10. GENESIS MODEL 7
11. (2) PAIR OF CARVER PLATINUMS IV
12. KLH MODEL 6
13. MAGNEPAN 1.5QR
14. NHT VT-2
15. NHT 2.5
17. OHM WALSH SAT
18. ONKYO F-5000
19. PARADIGM MONITOR 90P
20. POLK RT-2000
21. POLK RT-1000
22. REALISTIC MINIMUS-7W
23. POLK RT-3000
24. CERWIN VEGA L36 A EARTHQUAKES
25. BOSE 802 SERIES II
26. DAHLQUIST DQ-10

brainsmasher
07-22-2004, 09:01 PM
This may make some of you feel you dont have a problem.

4 pairs AR 2ax ( one pair parted out)
AR 3a
3 pairs HPM 100's
HPM 40
Infinity Qjr
Infinity rsb
Ohm Pro 32
2 pairs ads l 710
ads l 700
pioneer cs 77a
pioneer cs 88a
pioneer cs 99
pioneer cs 99a
jbl l40
jbl s99
jbl l112
polk mini monitors
Dahlquist dqm 9
EV 15 trxb
EV 12 trxb
ev sp 12
Speakerlab K horns
Stephens 8"
stephens 12"
kef k 120
kef c 55
3 B&O s 45
B*** 201
minimus 7
pilot psv 2
emi s 1055
grundig box 45
paradigm titans
large advents
epi 202

Well that is 41 pairs plus a multitude of loose drivers. Spelled out like this I guess I do have a problem... I need 36 more rooms in my house:D

AlphaLimaXray
07-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow.:eek: I don't know whether to feel relieved or inadequate!;)

Cheers.
:beerchug:
-AlphaLima

Ski
07-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Pairs:
Acoustiflex - Model 17
Advent - The Advent
Altec Lansing - 2-way in homemade cabs
Altec Lansing - Segovia - in different cabs :(
JBL - C54 Trimline (LE-8 & PR-8)
KLH - Model 23
KLH - cheap rears
KLH - ? indoor/outdoor
Monitor Audio - Bronze II
nOrh - Model 3
Paradigm - ? rears
Polk Audio - Monitor 10B
Realistic - 12" FR in homemade cabs
Realistic - 4" FR in homemade cabs
Realistic - LX-5 (Lineauem tweeter)
RTR - I forget 3-ways
Sansui - SP-x6700 (need a woofer)
Sunn - 2x 12" woofer bassbins
Supravox - ? FR small jobby
Tannoy - ICT65MM (in ceiling)

Single speakers.
Advent - The Advent (with a blown Large Advent woofer)
KLH - cheap center speaker
Seeburg Discoteque DDS1 - someday it'll be my center channel
Paradigm - ? center speaker
Yamaha - YST-sw160 subwoofer

I've also got about 30 FR drivers (including a pair of 8" EV) laying around.

Jstas
07-23-2004, 06:59 AM
I don't have a whole lot of home speakers but my car audio collections is, well, excessive.

Home:
KLH 17's
KLH 22's
Polk Audio SDA2B's
A little Cambridge Soundworks sub/sat system for my computer and a pile of other stuff for computers.
and a little Yamaha sub

Car:
Polk Audio db3065's (components, 4 speakers total)
Polk Audio db6500's (components, 2 speakers)
Polk Audio EX402's (pair)
Polk Audio EX502's (pair)
Polk Audio DX6's (pair)
Polk Audio DX9's (pair)
Polk Audio EX501a's (pair)
Polk Audio db104 (subwoofer)
Polk Audio DX104 (subwoofer)
Infinity Kappa 4" (pair)
Infinity Reference 6.5" (pair)
6 Pioneer 6x8" (pair)
4 JBL GTO 6x8" (pair)
JBL GT12 (subwoofer)
JBL GT10 (subwoofer)
Polk Audio C4 (subwoofer)
Kicker Impulse 4x6" (pair)
Polk Audio MM104 (subwoofer)
Clarion ProAudio 6x8" (pair)
Kenwood 8" (subwoofer)

And that is roughly what I can remember off-hand.

john_w
07-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Good lord! Where do you guys store 20 to 40 pairs of speakers? Where do you live -- Abandoned warehouses? Maybe old jumbo jet factory buildings?

daev
07-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Well,
I live in a modest home, not a warehouse.
But I do have a lot of different systems for different purposes.
For example, my office has 1 pair for critical stereo monitoring of mixes, another 2 pairs on a separate mixer for multichannel monitoring, 1 pair for pleasure listening (on a tube amp), and a small 5 speaker home theater setup for late night watching.

And then there is the home theater in the living room, and the other rooms in the house, and the shop, and the garage, and outdoors...

Fortunately, I have a wonderfully tolerant wife who also loves music. :angel:

_daev

bolly
07-23-2004, 04:54 PM
1. Heil ESS-AMT1: 1pr
2. Advent Loudspeaker: 1pr
3. Realistic Minimus 7W: 1pr
4. Dynaco A-25: 1pr
5. Pioneer HPM-100: 2pr

andy
07-24-2004, 12:41 AM
KLH 6
KHL 20
3 pairs large Advent
single small Advent
Bose 901 V
Bose 901 IV
Bose 301 I
Bose 201 II
Polk monitor 10B
AR 4x
Panasonic SB-750
JBL L-100 Century
Lathi U-2
Dynaco A-25
a/d/s sub (forget the model)

The most I paid for any of these was $25 for the 901 Vs. Many were free, but most needed some kind of repair such as new surrounds, caps, or dirty pots.

I move them around occasionally, but currently I have the KLH 6s in my workshop powered by a Scott LK-72B. The Polks are used with my PC powered by a Pioneer VSX-9500S. 4 of the large Advents, the small Advent and the a/d/s sub are for my home theater system. The 901 IVs are in the living room on a Sony STR-GX69ES.

AudioGeek
07-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Good lord! Where do you guys store 20 to 40 pairs of speakers? Where do you live -- Abandoned warehouses?

"I need a pair of speakers in every room, one for every different thing I do. Let's see - a pair of Bose's for grooming the dog, a pair of Polk's for eating chocolate pie, a pair of JBL's for opening the mail, a pair of Pioneer's when watering the plants...."

"Then of course I need a pair of Martin-Logan's for playing Bach, a pair of Klipsch's for Nirvana, a pair of ProAc's for Art Blakey..."

Getting a little ridiculous, aren't we guys?

bolly
07-24-2004, 02:02 PM
No ridiculousness about it!

daev
07-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by AudioGeek
"I need a pair of speakers in every room
(...)
Getting a little ridiculous, aren't we guys?

Makes sense to me, but then I'm one of the "ridiculous" ones.

I have distinct preferences for speakers based on what I'm doing, just as I have distinct preferences for microphones based on the recording or sound situation.

I guess I see it the same way I use autos: I drive the Camry for long distances and to the grocery store, I drive the 69 Camaro around town and for fun, and I drive the beater truck for hauling mulch. And I walk whenever possible. :D

Perhaps the balance is I don't collect megabuck cables or roll tubes?
:dunno:

Workingslug
07-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I thought we were supposed to have a set of speakers in each room. Since the wife complains, it just made perfect sense that each room would be incomplete without a set of speakers.

bolly
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
I don't have enough rooms... I'm gonna have to stack 'em all in one!

Texas42
07-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Hmm, my current list:

Klipsch RF-7s
Ohm Walsh 2s
Marantz HD 770
Klipsch KSP-S6 (surrounds)
HTD Level 3s
HTD Level 3 (center)
Klipsch RC-7
KEF 105.2

Wow, some of you guys must have warehouses. I've already run out of room and need to divest myself of some of mine. As far as those I've owned...that would fill a few pages. Carver Amazings, KEFs, Thiels, Magnepans, Eminent Technology, Infinitys, many Klipsch models (LaScalas, Chorus, Cornwall, Heresy, KLF-20, Quartets), Spicas (Angelus, TC-50, TC-60), NHTs, Legacy Focus, Frieds, Boston, Pinnacle, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...

john_w
07-26-2004, 11:29 AM
At least one pair in each room makes sense to me. Plus one -- or even two-- 5.1 surround systems. I'm kinda shooting for that, but my current house is small. I could squeeze maybe 16 pair into it.

Let's see -- for a moderately large house, one might have 6 pair in the living room (HT 5.1 plus alternate pair), 6 pair in family room or designated HT room (same deal), 2 pair in master bedroom, 1 pair each in den, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, up to 3 other bedrooms, garage and workshop. That's 23 pair. OK, that works. And I'd really envy that home.

Now, 40+ pairs would require more than yer average mansion. I'd be adding a 7.1 HT system. I guess a good number of them must be stacked up in the garage and/or workshop.

john_w
07-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Oops! That's 7 pair in the HT rooms, which would make for a grand total of 25 pair, not 23. (If you count the center and sub as one pair.)

metal005
01-01-2005, 10:27 PM
(1) Celestion SL-6si
(2) Klipsch Cornwall '77
(3) Rogers LS3/5A 15ohm
(4) Chartwell LS3/5A
(5) Pioneer CS-901
(6) Coral BX-200
(7) Dainichi 6" fullrange
(8) EMI LE1

Rockmonton
01-01-2005, 10:31 PM
7 or 8 working pairs, but some of them have 4-6 12" drivers in each and such........ so lots.

DaWoofer
01-02-2005, 12:05 AM
What so your think about the E-V fours you have?

DaWoofer
01-02-2005, 12:14 AM
How bout the bathroom?

outlawmws
01-02-2005, 02:27 AM
OK, lets see If I can keep track...

LR = 4, no 8...
FR = 7, no 9
MBR=4
HOffice =4, no 6, no 8...
Justins BR = 6, no 8
Sarahs BR = 2
Julias BR = 2
4 no 6 on deck, unassigned...

Um.... 47! :yikes:

Um, forgot 2 slated for Epay... 49??

Shoot, 2 in the garage... 51...

:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

Your poll is way too low!!!

Start over!

Got to start weeding out so I have space for better stuff! :D

Donny
01-02-2005, 08:18 AM
cerwin vega d5
pioneer 12's short
pioneer 12's tall (yeah I forgot model #s)
pioneer HMP 100's
magnavox 12's
optimus 15's
cerwin vega L15 sub
audiosource rear and center
audiosource sub (pos) I think thats all for now

vintage-yungin
01-02-2005, 11:47 PM
I have well all that matters...
1 set of sp 2000
1 set of optimus t 110's
1 set of 0ptimus t 120's
1 set of hitatchi 350
1 set of bic venturi formula 4's
1 set of optimus 1b's
1 set of jensen 21's
1 set of realistic mc1000's
1 set of bose 501's
1 set of klh model ten's
2 set's of polk monitor 5's
1 set of cs 77's
1 set of sony bookshelf's
1 set of ns 68a's
1 set of ns 803's
1 sony center chanel
1 bic venturi 8" 100 watt powered sub....

cfoster
01-03-2005, 05:38 AM
More than I can use :lmao:

AR3a 2 pair
AR2
Audio Analist (Don't remember the model and are stored away)
3 pair of Infinity (all different and in storage)
Polk Monitor 5 (Home theatre fronts)
Klipsch KG1.2 (Home theatre rear)
Optimus center channel
Optimus passive Sub (in storrage - have no room for it)
Minimus 7
Optimus STS 50
Koss (Small & in storrage)
Several boxes of drivers and parts :scratch2: there might even be a pair of old Zenith Alegro around somewhere too.

Clyde

merrylander
01-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Too many;
Pair of Polk Monitor 7B
Two pair Original Advents
One pair steel basket Advents
One pair Classic Advents
One pair EPI 120B - waiting for me to get a chance to veneer them
One pair Pioneer mini-monitors (DIY)

Rob

bordeno
01-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Only two pairs.

Ohm Walsh II

Bose 901 Series IV

Love 'em both.

mg196
01-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Acoustic Research AR-4X (small system)
Polk RTi28 (bedroom system)
Polk RT25i (HT system)
Kenwood KL-777S (attic!)
EPI T/E 100 (swap w/ other systems frequently)
KLH Model (5) Fives (my main listening speaks)

Hehehe...just call me the REANIMATOR for kick-starting a few of these ancient threads! I was bored the other day and decided to pump life into a few.

jerds6932
01-03-2005, 11:59 AM
i've few speaker collection

1. bozak b-305 moorish
2. jbl L-112
3.genesis model 320
4.API 150
5.hpm 100
6.hpm 40
7.hpm 900
8.phase tech p.c 60
9.phase tech euro series 745 se
10. pioneer cs-901a
thanks jerds6932

Brian
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
I feel inadequate:
Advent - original The Advent Loudspeaker
Advent - The Smaller Advent Loudspeaker
Bozak - 302a
Bozak - Symphony
Klipsch - Heresy II
JansZen - Z412HP
A/D/S - L300
Radio Shack - Minimus 7 (2 pair)

In process to be shipped to me - Fisher XP-18
Looking at a set of Empire Grenadier 6000M

Guess my only excuse is so many of my speakers are physically large.

crackerkorean
01-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I have some catching up to do.

New stuff on the Home Theatre
Infinity Beta 20
Infinity Primus 150
Infinity Primus C25 (center)
Velodyne Sub

Older stuff
Boston Acoustic A100
Cerwin Vega D-1
Infinity RSe

12 speakers and I have only been into this a few months. Thats scary

Ol' Ken
01-03-2005, 12:47 PM
One pair of Paradigm Studio 60s V2

I am speaker deprived - any one care to have a speaker telethon for me

devo391
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
You mean you have not seen mine, gotta keep em outside!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously though : 4 Seeburg DDS-1's I am happy with them :banana:

dbwinger
01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
AR-2ax
AR-5
Dynaco A30XL
Large Advent 2 pairs w/ utility cabs
KLH model five
KLH model twenty

The only pair that have nothing wrong with them is one of my pairs of Advents. All of the others have at least one thing that needs to be fixed. I hope to eventually upgrade all of their crossovers. After that I will probably get rid of a few pairs and keep the best sounding ones. I already know I'm going to get rid of the KLH twenties and possibly the AR-2ax's.

smollett5
01-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Counting all of the speakers assigned to the many sound systems in the house:
2 Klipschorns
2 Klipsch Heresies (original model with the riser bases)
2 Omega Grande 6s
2 Fisher XP 15s
2 Fisher XP 9s
2 Bozak B-302As (with custom cabinets)
2 Bozak LS-250s
2 Mission 761is
2 Scott S-18s
2 Infinity Reference Twos
2 Marathon 6.2s
2 Marathon Speakers
2 Marathon 8.2s
2 UltraPhonics (three-foot tall, generic, Chinese-made junk speakers I got for free and into which I put two Dayton Audio 15" replacement woofers - my garage system)
2 KLH Model 26s
1 Realistic Minimus 3.5 (center channel speaker in office system)

I think my mania has reached a scary level.......

bolly
01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
just added another pair, Teledyne Acoustic Research AR9's. :D

blurghy
01-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I fear to attempt to name them all, so here's a SMALL sample right off the top of my head. A lot of this stuff is in my storage unit
RTR
JBL - L11. L45, 4311b, 4312, 2500, L5's
Marantz - Imperial 7
Pioneer - CS 77, 77a, 99, 66, HPM 60's
KEF Q (something or other)
Polk - Model 7, Model 10 studio monitors
Infinity - I have a pair of HUGE infinity studio monitors with 15 inch woofers, one woofer needs to be refoamed. I can't remember the number
AR - 2a, AR 28B
KLH - model 5 model 6 model 17
Bose - 3000XL, various parts.
Bozak - unknown number

blurghy
01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
The first JBL should be L100's not L11

twintwelve1484
01-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh lets see... a pair of JBL's and Koss's in the living room, 2 pairs of Sansui in the basement, 2 pairs of Sansui in the workout room, a pair of Kenwoods and Cerwin Vegas in the bedroom, some KLH's in the kitchen and some little Sherwoods on the deck. That's around 20? And a pair of Cerwins at the girlfriends', and some others in various states in a closet. Eek.

This, of course, only counts the home audio stuff, not the PA and guitar gear....

Autoknar
03-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Hi, just joined this forum, i thought there where no others with this super hobby.
It's driving my wife and children mad, and i am running out of space.
My sets are;
IMF Professional monitor
IMF HPCM
IMF ALS40Mk2a
IMF CM3
IMF CM2
IMF Super Compact Mk1
IMF Super Compact Mk2 ( 2 pairs)
IMF Compact (2 Pairs)
Philips 22AH489
Harmon&Kardon Citation 13
Enjoy, and greeting from the Netherlands
Johan

bolly
03-10-2005, 02:20 AM
Welcome to AK Autoknar! Looks to me you like those IMF brands. I have a pair of TLS 50's, and love them... an incredible sounding speaker! :thmbsp:

2x6spds
03-10-2005, 09:56 AM
6 Michaura M55s
4 Michaura M66s
2 Michaura M665s
2 Axiom M2is
2 Mission 77ds
1 Klipsch KLF C7
1 Merak MC6H
1 Velodyne CHT80
1 Velodyne CHT100
1 Klipsch LF10
1 Dahlquist PDQ 15

28 speakers.
omigod, I've gone mad.

Time to update the list

6 x Michaura M55's
2 x Michaura M66's
2 x Michaura M665's
2 x Thiel CS 3.6
2 x Dahlquist DQM 905's
2 x Axiom QS8's
2 x Axiom M2i's
2 x Mission DS77's
2 x Merak MC6H (modified)
1 x Merak MC634 (modified)
8 x Radio Shack Super Tweeters (modified)
1 x SVS 20-39
1 x Dahlquist PDQ1500
1 x Klipsch LF10
1 x Velodyne CHT10
1 x Vance Dickason Titanic 10
1 x Kenwood SW300 (modified)

3 x Yamaha M80 amps
1 x Kenwood M504
1 x Anthem PVA 5
1 x Kenwood KA9100
1 x Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT
1 x Pioneer SX850

Filmboydoug
03-10-2005, 10:27 AM
8 x Radio Shack Super Tweeters (modified)

What mods? Easy? Minds that copy what everyone else does want to know!

spaceman
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
This has GOT to be a trick question, lol. I have a shelving unit overflowing onto the floor with individual drivers, do I have to count them all? :banana: :D

zulualpha
03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
"she" says to many, but...

ESS AMT-1B
ESS Tempest LAB1
B&W 802 Matrix3
B&W ASW 1000 Sub
Magneplanar 1.6
Heco 2000K Active
Braun L420
Braun LE1
Quad ESL 57 (momentarily hidden...)

Looking for a Sub that is "fast enough" for the Maggies.

dingus
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
AR-9 on the main rig
ADS 810 at work
Wharfedale W60-D farmed out at a friends
Infinity RS 1000 on the PC rig

recently traded away a pair of Wharfedale Force 2180

surfdoc37
03-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I thought, hmmm, I'm pretty sure I have over 20 (for the poll above) but I better count.

Down 4 from a few days ago--

Not counting the cars, or the monitor speakers for the 2-ways, or the ones that are missing components.

Guess I did have over 20....

No time to list right now, but at least 4 more will go away this week (sold). So it's more like 44.

Too many. Some of them are going to show up here as near give-aways... Or they'll be donated locally (expensive to ship). Range is from 40's tweed faced to full blown concert cabinet PA speakers.

http://holyflood.com/IMAGES/STACK1.JPG

johndoe3
03-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Here goes my list:

JBL L65 Jubals
JBL L100 Centurys
JBL L88
JBL Apollos
JBL C40 Harkness
3 pairs of large Advents
Philips 476
Infinity RS4B
Infinity RS4000
DCM TimeWindow squared
2 pairs Optimus Minimus7
Boston Acoustics A40
Boston Acoustics A70
Pioneer CS77
Pioneer CS66
Pioneer CS99
Pioneer CS44
Philips motional feedback speakers -WOW!
There's more....

Plus woofers, tweeters, and passive radiators all over the garage!
Need any speakers/drivers fixed? I'm in the Silicon Valley
This is fun!

russkish
03-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I currently own three sets of speakers:

DCM Time Window (1982)
Dynaudio Audience 42 (2003)
Tannoy Mercury M2 (1998)

I have owned but abandoned many fine speakers, including Dynaco A25s, Design Acoustics D4, Infinity Monitor Jr., and Chartwell PM110.

spaceman
03-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Some of them are going to show up here as near give-aways... Or they'll be donated locally (expensive to ship). Range is from 40's tweed faced to full blown concert cabinet PA speakers.

Whereabouts is out west? Close to Seattle? I can ALWAYS move stuff around. :naughty: I'm not married, so no need to make arrangements, lol. :D

rallycat
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
In play:
Wharfedale W70D
Jamo E 530

On the shelf:
little Polk bookshelf units

In the garage waiting for rehab:
Avid 102
Philips AH-475

surfdoc37
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Whereabouts is out west? Close to Seattle? I can ALWAYS move stuff around. :naughty: I'm not married, so no need to make arrangements, lol. :D

CA, but heading to Seattle TOMORROW. Lots of room in the truck for the way up, oddly enough have to pick up some SPEAKERS in IDAHO on the WAY BACK... :sigh:

PM me to let me know where in Seattle you are located, I'll be heading up past Everett, to Sultan, and the general area. I wouldn't mind a bit loading up several pair, will let you know what in a PM, some gas money would be about all I'd want. :yes:

Maybe later today I can post a list here, doing some heavy shipping right now before I leave.

spaceman
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
You have PM. :D

morbo
03-13-2005, 11:30 PM
**Edited**

john_w
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Looks like we have another one!

morbo, I'm sure those guys over at Audio Assylum or Audiogon would LOVE to buy your Dali 8's, but this is NOT the site for used audio sales! :no:

Guys who've been around a while may swap or loan gear with other members, but any specific sales are off-limits here.

Jon S
03-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Too many!!!!
2 pairs Sony SS-M9 towers (amazing speakers in the living room)
1 pair Polk LSi-15 towers (great detail but a little laid back in the family room)
1 pair Polk RT-2000p towers (boom! boom! boom! in storage)
1 pair Kef 104.2 towers (classical gas in the bedroom)
2 pairs Polk RT55i bookshelves (huh? where did these come from? front channel theater)
1 pair HK Citation surround speakers (these were always in the back wall honey! back channel theater)
2 pairs Polk RT25 (these are on the side walls in theater)
1 pair Yamaha NS1000 monitors (these are in the garage)
2 Polk PW650 subs (I love bass in movies...)
1 Polk PW300 sub (you can never have enuff bass, I always say...)
1 Carver Sunfire True Sub Mark II (not enuff?)
1 pair Magnepan MMG (pbbbtttt!!!)

got rid of:
1 pair AMT5 Rock Monitors (rotted cones)
1 pair JBL L100s (tired of them)
1 pair AR6 bookshelves (my first speaker)
2 pairs Advent Large (my second and third speaker)
1 pair Magnepan 1.5 (I miss these)
1 pair Carver ALIII+ panels (kept on failing)

Carl Bill
03-17-2005, 09:02 AM
2 pair Altec Lansing A7-800’s; AKA: Voice of the Theater (VOTT); (828C cabinets; 416-8C; 902-8G; & 811B horns)
1 pair Altec Lansing Model 19’s (Walnut)
1 pair Altec Lansing Model 9 Series II (Oak)
2 pair JBL L19’s (Walnut)
1 pair JBL Control 1AW’s
1 pair JBL Sat1’s
1 pair dual 12” subwoofers – home built w/JBL drivers
1 pair Ramsa WS-A80’s (Black plastic & on the garage stereo)
1 pair of 1970’s store brand 4 way’s with 6 drivers! (Walnut) Only keep them around as they have very nice cabinets – Radio Shack replacement 15” woofers and tweats.
Lot’s of raw drivers, etc….

22 whole speakers? 11 pairs....

billbillw
03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
2 pair Polk RT25i
1 Polk CS245i center
2 Energy S8.2 subs
1 pair Mission M70
2 pair Energy Take 2.2
1 Energy Take 1.2 center
4.1 Klipsch ProMedia set
1 pair Harmon-Kardon HK195 PC speakers (should I count these?)
2 pair Sonance in-ceiling speakers (models unknown)

25 total speakers, if you count the PC speakers.
The Sonance are not in use and the Energy Take 5.2 sats and center are soon to be up for sale. My wife thinks that is too much, but I want to add a rear center speaker to make my living room 6.1 (2 subs actually), and get some outdoor speakers for the deck and a set of in-ceiling for the master bath. Its hard to hear the bedroom speakers over the sound of the jacuzzi!

screamingbeef
03-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I found this site while doing some research on some speakers.
I have a question; You guys keep talking about vintage stuff. My dad owns a pair of Infinity's Quantum Line Source 1's.
http://www.bobbyshred.com/infinity/QLS.html

But for low frequency drivers that are separate I was looking into these: http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/prd_ServoSub2_12t.html

But you guys keep talking about the dynamic drivers (which I think these woofers have).

What is your recommendations though, I'm always interested in what other people know about speakers.

Unican_Eric
03-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Living Room - Sound Dynamics 1000smt x2
Sound Dynamics 6s x2
Sound Dynamics Centre Channel
Sound Dynamics Sub Woofer
Realistic Minimus 7 Black x2
Paradigm Mini3se x2

Bedroom - Sound Dynamics Concert Monitor 500s x2

Music Room- JBL 4311b x2
Paradigm Mini3se x2 My 2nd pair :)
Realistic Minimus 7 Black x4 I love these speakers

Kitchen - Realistic Minimus 7 White x2

Sons Bedroom - Energy ESM1 x2

In Storage - Pioneer CS5 x2
Sound Dynamics CM500 x2
Wharfdale W6 x2
Realistic something or other, dont know the model number x2

bignfat
03-18-2005, 04:50 PM
28 inservice in the house
6 bedroom (sub)
2 bath
7 office
4 game room
3 guest room
6 TV room (1 being a sub)
4 in service in the shop

32 total in service
Shit i never counted before :sigh: :sigh:
UHHHHH I think i have enough :worried:

NAH!!!!!! :naughty: :naughty:

BIGNFAT

siamac
03-27-2005, 02:47 PM
2 Pioneer HPM-1100
2 Pioneer HPM-700
2 Pioneer CS-911A
2 Pioneer CS-X3
2 Quadral Montan
2 Quadral SX-1500
2 Sony SS-A720
2 Solid xxx
2 Cat Berlin 3103
Yamaha YST-SW45 Subwoofer

camarokiddave
03-28-2005, 06:49 PM
2 Pioneer HPM-1500
2 Bose 401 in black
2 Bose 401 in woodgrain
2 Bose 201 II
2 Bose 101
6 Yamaha NS-A635A
1 dbx db-SW-15

Kenny
03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Alnico Wharfedale Denton's -livingroom...Tannoy Reveal's-sons room....Alnico Phillips spit console twin 7 inchers in each ca,Realistic Optimus T-100' cabs awaiting installation of alnico Zenith Allegro two-way components,Pine Voight Pipes,Philips 70's three ways.Voight pipes, 3-way Philipps and JBL'S will be leaving next week...JBL L-36's,oak woodwork getting restored and will be traded for Altec crossovers for future Model 19's-Drum WorkShop. Bozak B-100 Century's....doing movie/music duty in the Family room untill I get wood/time to build the Altec Model 19 clones...416-A woofers 811B horns,806-8A Drivers all alnico,can't wait to do this project!!!!.....Enjoy Your Music...Kenny

outlawmws
03-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Recount, and only counting Stereo speakers, not PC buzz box's

FR- 8
Snell Type EIII's
Quadraflex ST19's
Epicure EPI M100's in walnut
Polk CS200 center speaker
M&K Sub, V- 2B SUBWOOFER 82-91

LR- 3
Wharfdale Sapphire SP-89
Mich. EV 12 MC 8 ohms 40 W 2 way, in end table

MBR- 4
Advent 1008 2 way speakers 8" driver
KLH 23 2 way speakers

Office- 4 (stacked)
Advent 4002 speakers
Advent 25th anniversary edition 2 way speakers

Justins BR- 2
Scott 197B 3 way speakers

Sarah's BR- 2
Criterion 75's

On deck- 16
Snell Type EII 3 way Speakers
Quadraflex ST19's (need refoamed)
AR 8B speakers (need refoamed)
Mich. EV 12 MC 8 ohms 40 W 2 way, in end table (the second one)
Fisher KS-1 speakers '60s? (Hmmm what to do...)
B&W 2 way speakers DM110 8" 1" 78-87 (need to audition... MBR?)
Yamaha Towers NS-7390 (need a home...)
Paradigm mod. 11se Mark II's (need a mid and bass driver to complete)

Edit: I forgot the Garage system, 2 Panasonc with the matching reciever...

Wow, still comes to 39! :no: 41!

Wayyyy over the poll scale! :thmbsp: :thumbsdn: :thmbsp: :thumbsdn: :sigh:

:lmao:

doucanoe
03-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey, this the 1st post that I'm making a statement instead of asking a stupid question!

2- Meadowlark Hotrod Kestrel's
2- Paradigm Atom V3's
2- Paradigm Mini Monitor
3- Energy RVS LCR
2- Athena ASB1
2- KEF Coda 7's
2- Klipsch Heresy
2- DLK Model 1
2- Craptacular Omega ?

I guess that's 19..........

doucanoe
03-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Athena AS400 (I think thats the model) sub.
Not much for music but not bad as a HT sub.

Whew! I guess thats 20

charminator777
03-29-2005, 07:36 PM
1 pair JBL L 100 :thmbsp:
1 pair sansui sp 1200 :yes:
1 pair sansui z9 :smoke:
2 giant self made cabinets with
altec 12 in 417 h something guitair speakers topped with 811 b horns with 808 -8 a drivers * :banana: :banana: :banana:
1 big sun box with 2 12 inch altec 417 or something like that drivers :lmao:

i think i need more big speakers
oh i have a CRATE BOX AND IT HAS 2 15 s in it for emergencies :naughty:
ahhaha
and the self made cabinets have EV crossovers -8 ohns 800 hz( did this little number around 1979 -been luggin em around a long time yeah!

::also layin around are ***2 412 B ALTEC BI FLEXES *** :
i am tryin to figure out what i am goin to do with em -maybe put em the shower so i can dance and scrub :no:
i am lookin desperately FOR SOME SPECS ON THESE ALL THE LIKELY PAGES either wont give me access or cant -dont work or the search results take me to a page and isnt any literature i can easily find on these bi flexes :cry: -so i am in a quandry as to whether to keep em :scratch2:
DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM -ALREADY BEEN TO THE UNOFFICIAL ATEC HOME PAGE AND some official lansing pages -I THINK but cant find that model
i have an opinion from an AK member and he says they are inefficent and my G 8000s or big kenwood that i am buyin will fry em
i was goin to put them in the 2 big cabinets and take out the gutair speakers but NO I DONT KNOW CAUSE THE GUY I GOT EM FROM -sells vintage-known him 20 plus years says they are efficient and i didnt pay too much etc but he will take em back if i dont want em
SO --ALL YOU SPEAKER PEOPLE THAT SURELY KNOW MORE THAN ME I AM DOIN RESEARCH HERE SO I CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION
WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR INSIGHTS AND OR EXPERIENCE OR ANY KINDA POINTING TO LINKS ETC
thankyou
charmaine

ps the z9s are still in a trial phase here as my remaining G 8000 HAS A PROB and i cant fully test these big dogs -i have heard they were kubiklis or kabukis etc -but i had em on last nite -- and i was playin with some tone controls -the EQS are off right now -long story -and they were startin to sound kinda interesting even at low vol
my horns are waiting an L PAD EA for attenuation -something i just learned here
and i was advised by an AK member to try 1200 hz 8 ohm altec crossovers instead of the electrovoice 800hz 8 ohm that i have -so
whaddya think --:: i need some more INPUT
AND PROB MORE MONEY I DONT KNOW
----- i hope i can write allthis without tickin anyone off
but you people know so much and i dont know hardly anything 0i just happen to have all this stuff =-=miracle i havent blown it all up
help please
thanx
charmaine

replicant_argen
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
ummmm...... is 34 too many? well, I cant count the HK computer speakers as a pair... or shouldn't, should I?
So...32

replicant_argen
05-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I assume you dont count headphones... ;-)

charlieboy
05-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Many in storage, but here in the home currently 1 pr of klipschorns, 1 pr Cornwalls, 2 pr of Heresys, 1 pr fishers, 1 pr Acoustic Research 2a, 1pr Vandersteen 2ce.

abpeep
05-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Seems to be about 23.

Klipsch Heresy
Boston Acoustics A150
Boston Acoustics CR9
Acoustic Research AR4x (non-working)
Baby Advents
SpeakerCraft MT8 Two (in-wall HT)
Polk ? (in-ceiling HT)
Klisch KV2 (center HT)
Bose 151 (patio)
Acoustic Research 215PS
Acoustic Research AR8b (modded with Isophon woofer and Dayton x-overs)
Technics something from a rack system - 3-way with 10"

May be missing something.

Alan

H2s04
05-18-2005, 07:32 PM
~28

H2s04
05-18-2005, 07:34 PM
wait a tic here, pairs of speakers? or just everything?

abpeep
05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Original post asked for individual speakers to account for center, subs, mono speakers.

pugs5061
05-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Lets see now,I've got
6 pairs of Advent Prodigy 2 Towers(Great for Movies)
1 pair Realistic Optimus T-110
1 pair JBL L-36
1 pair Utah Heritage HS1-C's
2 pair of Harman Kardon HKS-2's(Great for the Computer)
I'm on that eternal quest for Great(Perfect?) Music Speakers and I don't have the money to end this quest anytime soon.

Doug The Dog
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Holy Cow!!! I didn't realize how many I had until I did the poll.......
Pioneer HPM-100's x 6
Polk RT-2000i x 2
RTR G-200 x 2
Marantz Imperial 7 x 2
Boston acoustics A-70 x2
Polk Atrium 55 x 4
Polk RC65i x 2 (in wall)
JBL ARC-10 x 2
JBL 125SAT x 5
JBL powered sub (too lazy to look up the model #)
Sony SS-SW115 passive sub
Harman/Kardon HK395 sat/sub computer speakers x3
All but the RTR's and one pair of the HPM-100's are in perfect working order. The RTR's need new foam and I'm black laquering the HPM's. :thmbsp:

skippy_ps
05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Polk LSi9 x 2
Polk LSi7 x 2
Polk LSiC
Polk Surround x 2
Polk 12" sub
Vandersteen 2Ci x 2
Vandersteen 1 x 2
NHT SB1 x 2 (these are great for a small room)

That's it. :)

cubdog
05-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I took an inventory today. The count is up to 56. I gotta get a grip.

cubdog

abpeep
05-19-2005, 07:31 PM
cubdog

Sounds like you got a grip on everything that comes along. :thmbsp:

Alan

replicant_argen
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
ahhhhhhhhh crap.
Change mine to 36.
Just got 2 Klipsch KG2s in perfect conditon today at a garage sale..
30 bucks.

cubdog
05-19-2005, 08:23 PM
cubdog

Sounds like you got a grip on everything that comes along. :thmbsp:

Alan
Got me. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cubdog

daddydlb
05-20-2005, 06:14 PM
1 pr. Klipschorn Forte II
1 pr. Polk Monitor 10
1 pr. Polk Monitor 5B
1 pr. Bose 301 IV
1 pr. Bose 201 IV
1 pr. White Van

cubdog
05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
If you are interested in selling the White Vans, I know I guy in Denver who would be interested. P.M. Fast Eddie, he will pay top dollar! I think he even likes Yorks.

cubdog

Fast_Eddie
05-20-2005, 08:55 PM
If you are interested in selling the White Vans, I know I guy in Denver who would be interested. P.M. Fast Eddie, he will pay top dollar! I think he even likes Yorks.

cubdog

Ok, now, let me get this straight. I have 6 pairs, or a total of 12 speakers. You have 54. Now, who is buying White Vans and Yorks? I have Dynacos, Wharfedales, Advents, Infinitiys, Polks and Jensens. I had to pick my "worst" speakers to sell and they were a pair of KLH sixs. And don't you own a pair of Advents that I didn't buy? Oh, and don't you own a pair of Pioneers that you bought from me!?

But what I really want to know, did you get those SDAs!!

Ed

RussinOhio
05-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Mine: 1 pair Altec 19
1 pair JBL 4312A

.......Only 2 pairs, but these are all the speakers I'll ever need :)

Russ

smollett5
05-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Jeezo, I said that when I had seven pairs of speakers.........

bocoogto
05-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Inventory today is 33 speaker systems. The best ones are the Infinity Quantum II's. In A/B comparisons with Definitive Technology systems, sound is VERY close, but Infinities are stronger in the bass range below 28 Hz. They don't, however handle as much power as larger Def-Tech's. The worst ones are the Bose 201's. There must be something wrong with your KLH Model 6's if they are the worst ones you have. These little puppies sound better than half the list below. My wife is very tolerant, but near the limit!!:

Infinity Quantum II 1 pair
Infinity Quantum III 1 pair
Infinity RSIII 1 pair
AR-3 2 pair
AR-3a 1 pair
AR-2a 1 pair
AR-2 single speaker
AR-9LSi 1 pair
AR-LSTII 1 pair
KLH-Model 6 1 pair
Small Advent 1 pair
Large Advent 1 pair
Bose 201 Type IV 1 pair
Phase Dynamics 1 pair
Dayton 15" IB Subwoofers 2 built-in for home theater
Custom-made 12" coax. with University speakers for DJ duty

philliam
05-24-2005, 02:40 PM
56 total:
online:
2 AR-3A's + M&K Goliath Sub (living room)
1 JBL FLIX center (living room)
2 Genesis Physics II's (workshop)
2 Bose 301 (workshop)
2 Pioneer HPM-100 (apartment)
2 Realistic Minimus 7's (apartment)
2 AR-25's (apartment)
2 Advent 1 (garage)
2 ADS L300 (office)
1 Design Acoustic LF20 Sub (office)

"bargains" under repair/refinish (total cost $70, so far)

2 AR-2ax (woofer refoam, find 1 tweeter)
2 Sylvania AS-85W (woofer refoam)
4 Sansui SP 200 (2 have dead woofers)
2 ADC 303A (woofer cone repairs)
1 Fisher XP-7C (refinish)
1 Visonik David 50 (tweeter repair)
4 Infinity RS-4000 (Woofer & mid refoam, find 4 EMITs)
1 Kanazawa KS-25W (working, needs refinish)
2 Cerwin-Vega D-5 (woofer re-foam & refinish)
1 Jensen X-55 (refinished, but idle)
2 AR-3 (woofer re-foam & re-finish)
2 Rectilinear III (need re-finish)
2 KLH-17 (refinish and find new grill cloth)
2 KLH-6 (refinish and find new grill cloth)
3 Minimus-7 (refinish)
1 McIntosh ML-1C (Woofer re-foam)
2 Phase Technology HT-28 (woofer re-foam)
1 ADS L300 (replace woofer)
1 JBL LT1 Satellite
2 M&K Satellite I (refinish)
1 ADS L500 (replace woofer)

If my math is correct, that's about $2 per speaker - elbow grease don't count

Not counting the 4 -10" and 1-15" David Eden & 2-12" Bogen cabs that I play my P-Bass through.

As my old Chief Surveyor would have said - "Uhhh...this is wrong...very wrong"

Philliam

Vitavox
05-26-2005, 12:48 AM
My best, I built.
Mains in the den:
Copy of La Scala bass cabinets-EV 15s inside.
Mid range is the vitavox horn you see in the avatar-35"wide, 15"high, 38"deep
Tweeter is motorola piezo horn
Surrounds-Yamaha 8# 3-ways
Center-Mine: Fostex 6" full-range with motorola piezos.
Driven by Carver M400. HK pre-amp
Computer/studio:
Janssan 12" 3-ways, Marantz 2220B
Bedroom: realistic minimus 7s (I can be reasonable)
Living room: Klipsch Hereseys
Deck: KLH outdoor
Garage: Altec A-5s flown from the ceiling-marantz 140 power
Lake: Norman Labs (I wouldn't have 'em, except I found them on the side of the road. They're not THAT bad.)
Haven't got speakers on the dock...yet.

lordfoo
06-09-2005, 06:30 PM
AR90
Infinity Kappa 7
Cerwin Vega D9
Yamaha NS1000m (my favourite)
Tannoys MX series HT
Energy XL series HT.
a pair of Behrninger 18" woofers
Bose 301 s1

added as of Sept. 14 2005

Kef Reference 104ab
Victor SX3 (3 pairs)
Yamaha Ns690
Pioneer SM400 (Pioneer Horn Mid range Tweeter)
AR18s

Added as of aug 16 2007
JBL L65 Jubal
Large Advents (pair each of original and new, 1 piece utility model)
KLH 17
KLH 6
AR2ax
Onkyo Oak 83MKII

added as of oct 26 2007

Pioneer HPM100
2nd pair of KLH 6
JBL FL100

added as of nov 22, 2008
JBL l50
victor sx5.

wineslob
06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Apogee Duetta II's, home built 2-way's, velodyne ct-120 sub, and about 10 raw drivers

r8833
06-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Maggie MG III's, Coral Beta 10, Tannoy 12 inch golds, sound dynamics 300ti, newform research mod30, sony apm 20es, rs 1197s in voight pipes, nsb line arrays, and cheap coral drivers in open baffles

yosl
06-10-2005, 02:30 PM
- 2 pair Optimus LX-5s
- Coltrons (similar to Minimus 7s)
- Technics SB-X01s
- Technics SB-4500s
- Pioneer HPM 40s
- Wharfedale Mach 5s
- Vega Linears (model ?)

thunderbird3370
06-10-2005, 03:02 PM
DLK-3s and DLK 1-1/2s, these are in storage, curently using infinity sterling sereis 2004s, and just purchased some university/altec-laredo's. the bird

uriah Heep
06-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Altec Model 5
Ohm Walsh 2
Ads 123O
EPI 100
Kirksaeter Monitor 130
Bose 601 (II)
Cambridge Ensemble 2 (for the wife)

lordfoo
06-16-2005, 02:58 AM
hi Uriah Heep...I see that you have an Ohm Walsh 2 speaker.
Someone is selling for about 200 USD. I have only seen the advertisement and not the speakers yet. Can you comment on your pair of Ohm Walsh re: ball park market value and performance of the speakers. Are they really good as posted elsewhere in this forum?

Thanks
Foo

uriah Heep
06-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Lordfoo,
I'd say $200 is a fair price. I picked mine up at a garage sale for $35 without really knowing much about them. I would say the are very clear and precise in the high range with decent bass. I picked up ADS 1230's at the same sale and they have similar highs and crisper bass with their dual 8" woofers. The Walsh 2's are excellent speakers for vocals and acoustics but may not be the optimum rock and roll speaker.

sansui9090
06-17-2005, 10:24 AM
ok Guys this is what I have currently,
I am always buying and selling my gear to find better sounding stuff.
Some would call it a hobby, others would say crazy...... but anyway here is my current list.

Mirage SM-3 (my Favourites)
Altec Santiago model 878b
Dali Sat 1b and Basis (sub/satelite)
AR 78LS
Spendor Sa2
Spendor Prelude
B&W 601
B&W 330i
Wharfedale Diamond 2
Yamaha YST-sw80 Sub
Magnat 05
Goodmans Sterling Point 3s
Kef Model 103
TDL Studio 2
Mission 701's ? not sure, just got them need to fix the tweeter.

Cheers!

jsjazz
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Currently:
Epicure Model 3
Rectilinear X
Smaller Advent
ADC 303
Infinity Qe
Infinity SM-120
KLH Model 23
Celestion Ditton 15
I think that's it. I'd have to look around some more to be sure!

philliam
06-19-2005, 06:28 PM
An orphaned pair of AR2-ax's stared mournfully from a shelf at our local exchange, surrounded by yucky Yorx, pathetic Panasonics and sad Sonys - they were adopted for $2 and brought to a "good" home for wayward speakers to join 20 brothers & sisters in various states of repair - I am approaching the WUAFL (Wifeoid Unit Agravation Factor Limit)

yamahammer
06-19-2005, 06:43 PM
pioneer hpm 200, 100, 60(two pair) yamaha ns 1000, 100 Infinity rs speakers for my ht (sterling series)a yamaha subwoofer r 211 cerwin vegas marantz model 5

thunderbird3370
06-19-2005, 06:44 PM
DLK-3s and DLK 1-1/2s, these are in storage, curently using infinity sterling sereis 2004s, and just purchased some university/altec-laredo's. the bird
Also newly added, Magnapan SMG's, and Vandersteen 1's, and working on some Bose 901 sereis 2, EQ unit. :yes:

sandawa
06-20-2005, 05:46 AM
1.) Epos ES 14
2.) KEF Ref. 101 Series 2
3.) Mordaunt Short 3.40
4.) ElectroVoice Interface A
5.) JBL L100
6.) JBL L316 Pro
7.) Diatone DS-a7
8.) Diatone DS-66Z
9.) Diatone DS-73II
10.) Diatone DS-300V
11.) Design Acoustics PS-10
12.) ESS Performance 12C
13.) Technics SB-RX50
14.) Technics SB-5330
15.) Hitachi HS-50
16.) Denon SC-101
17.) Sony SS-715AV
18.) DIY Floorstander
19.) Cambridge Soundworks
20.) Sony SA-S900
21.) Wharfedale Diamond 4
22.) Sansui SP-K3000
23.) Denon SC-104
24.) Pioneer CS-F77
25.) KLH 7001
26.) Yamaha NS-650
27.) Yamaha NS-10M
28.) Excelia SK-LM50
29.) Inkel Pro-125

ohskigod
07-20-2005, 09:37 AM
havent updated this in a dogs age, here's the current list

Polk LS90 pair
Polk CS350 center
Polk RT55 pair
Polk RTA-12B pair
Polk SDA 2B pair (soon to be sold)
Polk SDA 1B
B&W DH550 pair
Coral BX1200 pair (gotta have a pair of Kabuki!)
Vandersteen 2c pair
and the most recent addition, Carver Platinum Amazings MK IV

Texas42
07-20-2005, 09:56 AM
havent updated this in a dogs age, here's the current list

and the most recent addition, Carver Platinum Amazings MK IV

You'll LOVE the Carvers. With a large room and the right amps these speakers are incredible! Probably the best I've ever owned. I would have kept them except for the smaller listening room I have now could not quite accomodate them. Happy listening!

Kiwi
07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
I think I have a problem

Old Richard Allen's I pulled apart to see how they were put together.
Some 80's Technics I pulled apart to see how they were put together
A Pair of NZ made Floorstanders with Peerless/Vifa parts that I pulled apart to see how they were made ( These were rebuilt with new crossovers and they work very well).
A pair of surround speakers I pulled apart.
A Pair of Current Welling ( Chinese built ) floorstanding speakers I got 2nd hand cheap to (you guessed it ) pull apart to seewhat sort of quality retails for $1299.(not that great, but better than I expected) I did modify these a little and they are doing service in our bedroom.
Some old 80's 3 ways doing great service in the Car shed ( Untouched).
Various other speakers Kef etc for Home theatre.

MY own Dual Woofer 3 way floorstanders that I built and love.

Dave

BuckNaked
07-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Klipsch:
Kg 3.5 light oak
Kg 3.2 oo (oak oil)
Kg 2.2v black ashe (1)
Kg 2.2v oo (1)
Kg 2.5 oo
Kg 1.2 wo (walnut oil)
Kg 1.5 oo
Ksw 10 II oo
KSB 1.1 black
KSB 1.1 white
KSB 3.1 black
Quintet silver

others:
Spica SC-50 oak
Tannoy 605 black
Kef 103.2 pecan
Pinnacle PN5+ walnut
Pinnacle PN-7 oak
Technics SBL-200 ?
Realistic Maximus-20 walnut
Realistic Minimus-7 white
Pioneer CS-811a walnut formica? lol

This is the current stable.
Inventory changes as financial conditions allow.
This is not an advertisement for sale; simply a lust gone unchecked.
A cry for help, even.
Can you say obsessive-compulsive? I knew that you could.

Kegger
09-14-2005, 03:26 AM
PAIR OF CERWIN VEGA D9 :guitar:
PAIR OF CERWIN VEGA D3
PAIR OF EPI MAGNUS MODEL TWELVE
PAIR OF EPI MAGNUS A24 :guitar:
PAIR OF ESS ATM-6 (VERY BIG SPEAKER) :ntwrthy:
PAIR OF YAMAHA NS-A836
PAIR OF YAMAHA DJ SPEAKERS 3-WAY_15 INCH WOOFERS :rockon:
YAMAHA CENTER CHANNEL
PAIR OF DCM TIME FRAME 600
PAIR OF DIATONE DS-181 (VERY COOL SPEAKER)
3 KLIPSCH RC-7'S (RIGHT,LEFT,CENTER) :bash:
KLIPSCH CENTER CHANNEL KSP-C6 (EXTRA)
PAIR OF KLIPSCH RB-35
PAIR OF KLIPSCH SURROUND SPEAKERS FROM THE SAME ERA AS ABOVE (MOUNTED ON THE WALL)
PAIR OF SPICA ANGELUS
PAIR OF EOSONE SURROUND SPEAKERS (MOUNTED ON THE WALL) SO DON'T KNOW MODEL #
2 PAIR OF JBL HLS-810
PAIR OF JBL S312BE MODIFIED FOR BIAMPING
PAIR OF JBL J-5120
JBL CENTER CHANNEL SC-305
PAIR OF REALISTIC OPTIMUS 40 :wtf:
PAIR OF KEF C-40
PAIR OF TAMON TS-5000 :wtf:
PAIR OF BIC VENTURI II
PAIR OF WARFDALE W60E :smsex:
PAIR OF VSI SP-5
PAIR OF DA PS-55
PAIR OF JM Lab Cobalt 806 S
PAIR OF AR TSW-410
PAIR OF BABY ADVENTS
PAIR OF ADVENT HERITAGE (HEAVELY MODIFIED)
PAIR OF SANSUI XL-500 (GOT MY KABUKIS COVERED)
PAIR OF B&W CWM650
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOME BUILT MONITORS WITH DAYTON 6.5 WOOFS AND BOLENGER GRABENGER RIBBONS
35" TALL CABINETS WITH DUAL 12"s USED AS STANDS FOR MONITORS PLUS BASS DUTY
HOME BUILT SUB WITH A PAIR OF 12" ROCKFORDS
PAIR OF OLD EV CABINETS WITH JBL DRIVERS USED AS SUBS
2 GUTAIR CABINETS WITH 4 12" DRIVERS IN EACH USED FOR EXTRA BASS
PAIR OF OLD PEAVEY CABINETS WITH 4 8" IN EACH USED FOR BASS ON REAR CHANNELS OF SURROUND
3 OTHER PAIRS OF HOMEBUILT SPEAKERS WITH VARIOUS P.E. DRIVERS USED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTHER MISC CHEAP FISHER/KENWOOD/KLH/CERWIN VEGA/YAMAHA SPEAKERS (DON'T KNOW MODELS) :twak:

As everyone else the list will vary with additions and subtractions.
would like to add a pair of pioneer hpm 100's and rogers ls35/a. :beatnik:
some day would like to own some B&W nautilus 801's. :boink:

john_w
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
kegger,

It would appear that you are the single most insane person of a very loony bunch here! How many pole barns have you built to house all these???

Have you seen the latest B&W offerings? The 801 has been replaced by the new 801D, with a "diamond dome" tweeter (whatever that is). Supposed to be the greatest tweeter innovation since sliced aluminum. And of course it would be a tad more expensive. My 803's have been replaced by two different upgrades. They were obsolete by the time I dragged 'em home! NONE of the original N800 series is being released anymore.

abpeep
09-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Seem to have picked up a few since last posting.

Previous list:

Klipsch Heresy
Boston Acoustics A150
Boston Acoustics CR9
Acoustic Research AR4x (non-working)
Baby Advents
SpeakerCraft MT8 Two (in-wall HT)
Polk ? (in-ceiling HT)
Klisch KV2 (center HT)
Bose 151 (patio)
Acoustic Research 215PS
Acoustic Research AR8b (modded with Isophon woofer and Dayton x-overs)
Technics something from a rack system - 3-way with 10"

Recently acquired:

Boston Acoustics A100
Boston Acoustics T830
KLH 20
EPI 100
Radio Shack MC-1000

And so far the wife just kind of smiles and doesn't say too much when I bring in a new pair.

Alan

Kegger
09-14-2005, 10:22 PM
John_W yes I am just as insane as the rest with a bunch of speakers, some of mine
just happen to be a little odd, but I see others have some to, all over the house and
packed in the garage plus basement.

Interesting info on the B&W stuff, unfortunatly I will probably never afford any!
(unless I find them at thrifts or garage sales, but you just don't see um)

MattFLA
09-15-2005, 07:19 AM
My very humble list:

EPI 100
Celestion 3
Wharfedale 7.2 Diamonds
Pinnacle AC 650
Fried Beta

MattFLA

shelby1420
09-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Ohm I's
Infinity QB's
Bose 301 mkll
Mirage 990i
Mirage 190i
One other Mirage but can't remeber the model number.....

luvmusl1
09-15-2005, 07:42 AM
1 pair pioneer cs-901a`s
1 pair infinity 3000`s
1 pair kenwood kl-999x`s
1 pair pioneer cs-77a`s
1 pair fisher stv-9105 towers
1 pair fisher st-832 studio speakers
1 pair quadraflex q-3`s
1 pair klh 331`s
1 pair ar-4x`s
1 pair pioneer cs-99a`s

ejfud
09-15-2005, 07:47 AM
1. Paradigm Studio 80's
2. Paradigm Titans
3. 2 DIY Subs
4. JBL L56
5. JBL L77
6. DIY Fostex FE103
7. DIY BK16
8.Coral not sure model #
9. EPi 100's

OK I was a little off on my poll guess. More like 20. Oh well

Gary

Charivari
09-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Hmm, this looks like a fun test of my memory.

2 x Tannoy Berkeley
2 x Infinity Quantum 2
2 x Magnepan MG-I
2 x Infinity Reference Studio Monitor
2 x Dynaco A-25
2 x Design Acoustics D-12
2 x Pioneer HPM-40 Series I
2 x Pioneer HPM-40 Series II
2 x Pioneer HPM-100
2 x EPI 120C
2 x Boston Acoustics A-70
2 x Advent/1^
2 x The Smaller Advent (Utility)
2 x Bozak 302A
1 x Acoustic Research AR-1
2 x Realistic Nova-15^
2 x Minimus-20^
2 x Sony SS-U531AV (I know, I know)
1 x GE S1201D-7
1 x Knight KN-830
1 X Hammarlund (Matches the HQ-140X)
1 x Adire DPL-12 + PR-15 DIY Subwoofer
1 x DIY 10" subwoofer
1 x Western Electric 100 E

2 x Baby Advent*
2 x ADC 303A*
2 x Magnepan MMG-W*
1 x Kenwood subwoofer*
1 x Sansui SP-1500 (Sold)
1 x Realistic Optimus-990*
1 x Pioneer SE-50*
1 x Electro-Voice CDP-848AT*

^ = On Loan
* = Given Away

Something's tickling my brain reminding me that I'm forgetting at least a pair, but this list should work for now. The sad thing is, most all of those are crammed in my apartment -- I really need to bring myself to start selling things.

Not bad considering I started February of 2004.
- JP

KevinJ
09-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Here we go:

ProAc EBS
ProAc Studio 1
ProAc Response 2
Quad 57
Cosmostatic (!!!)
IMF Super compact
Yamaha NS680
Vandersteen Quatro
JBL L-150A
JBL Jubal
JBL s-99
Electro Voice Sentry 5
Electro Voice Sentry 100
Spendor LS3/5A
Rogers LS5/9
Coral Flat-10 in cabinets
Nohr sompin er other
RCA LC1-C in cabinets
KEF Concerto (Concerti?)
Fried A-5 (maybe...haven't seen 'em lately)

And of course whatever I buy today (smile)

Kevin (Why yes, I AM single) K3OX

PS: Noticed no Tannoys on the list. Hmmm...

john_w
09-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Kevin - Welcome to AK! Looks like you fit in pretty well here.

I"ve been wondering about those nohr speakers. I've heard they're really good, but there's no way to audition them unless you go to Thailand or you know somebody close by who's already taken the chance on them. What do you think of them? Do you have the ones that look like some kind of Polynesian drum on its side? (That's supposed to be their top line.)

Update on my meager collection:

2 pair Phase Research Model R's
2 pair B&W N805's
1 pair Polk RT16's (will be selling - hopefully soon)

1 B&W HTM2 (center)
1 B&W ASW 800 (sub)

You said "...in your house" or something to that effect. So I should mention my tenant/house-mate has 5 OGKW's. ("Only God Knows What.")

And if PC speakers count, I should mention 5 Altec Lansing's (Don't recall model numbers. They're 4 cheap little plastic, featherweight jobbies and a cheap plastic sub, so I don't much care about them.)

So that's 12, 17 or 22, depending on what qualifies.

Now I gotta add my new B&W N803's. Oh - and my roommate moved out a couple months ago, and took his Pioneer surround system with him. :sigh: (That's OK - mine's better :D )

So that's now just 14, not counting cheap pc speakers.

So far, I think brainsmasher and kegger are likely tied for the lead at around 82 each if I counted right. (Not including other speakers mentioned but not actually included), with probably no-one even remotely interested in trying to catch up.

starteur
09-16-2005, 03:13 PM
so much for education lad!!!!!!! :lmao:

Charivari
09-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Must now add a pair of very nasty -- bit of a story behind that, but may not be appropriate for AK -- Bose 301 Series II. Surprisingly, they don't sound too terrible and sitting out into the room on top of my Tannoys at about standing ear level they work for FM alright. They're almost fun to listen to, but that may be because of the stigma attached to them and the fact that I like to go against the stream a bit. Besides, these were made the same year I was, so they have to have something good going for them. :)

- JP

onepixel
09-18-2005, 12:59 AM
Since I last posted to this thread I've acquired some Polk SDA-2 and will be picking up some Infinity RS 4000 on Monday. Weeee!

lillypad
09-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Are we talking individual speakers or speaker assembly's here?

alexkerhead
09-18-2005, 01:58 AM
What I currently have:
Pair of JBL L100s
Pair of Cerwin Vega E-208s
Pair of Bose 301 Series 2
Pair of current project DIY L100s
Pair of Fishers, the 8" woofer, 3 way ones
And some other oddities from junk piles...most are junk tho.

computer speakers:
2x sets of CA2000s, with the 8" subs
Set of Altecs, with high excursion 4" woofer
Set of Very old altecs, with 6.5" woofer
Pioneer home theater system, with dolby center channel, and very powerful 8" sub, trust me, very good bass - huge sub enclosure

Had:
Pair Fishers, the 12" woofer 3 way ones - sold
Pair Fishers, professional studio models - sold
Pair JBL L46s - sold
Pair Panasonic 2 ways...lol first speakers - blew em up

What my dad has:
JBL L65s

ToTo Man
09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Just to throw the cat in amongst the pigeons, I have 44 speakers in the house and 38 of them are in REGULAR USE! I know, SAAAAAAADDDDD or what!!!!!

Strangeband
09-23-2005, 10:09 PM
I have 15 working speakers that I will admit to owning:

Main listening area
2 JBL 120 Ti
2 Speakerlab S190
1 Polk passive subwoofer (a massive beast model number RM1000, I think)

Ancillary listening area
2 EPI Series 3 Model 100

Patio under the porch
2 Cambridge Soundworks Outdoor speakers (no model number just called Outdoor)

Home theater
2 Atlantic Technology 251 front speakers
2 Atlantic Technology 254 rear speakers
1 Atlantic Technology 253 center speaker
1 Atlantic Technology 262 PMB powered subwoofer

nebfan
09-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Let's see...

Pioneer CS 99A's
JBL Model 350's
AR 93's(soon)
Acoustic Energy Ageis 3's
Acoustic Energy Aespirit 1's
Mirage MCCR center channel
A lil' Yamaha powered sub
:thmbsp:

H2s04
09-26-2005, 07:58 PM
blah, wayyy, wayyy too many

Charivari
10-05-2005, 03:44 PM
A good friend of mine visited this weekend just to hang and to compare his speakers (diy North Creek Rhythms) to my better speakers. After a few hours of comparative listening and trying different combinations of electronics and such, we decided to order up some pizza. While waiting, the crazy idea of taking a picture of all the speakers stored in my apartment came up as a way to spend the time. Well, here's the result, also known as the "Wall of Sound" for being over 6' tall and well over 12' wide.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40767&stc=1
Not everything is pictured, of course. The stack wouldn't stably support anymore speakers (the Infinities are front heavy and want to fall over if anything heavy is put on top) and while debating how to continue, the pizza arrived and interest was promptly lost. So, not pictured (but in my apartment at the time) are a pair of Infinity Reference Studio Monitors (rear channels), a pair of Dynaco A-25s (computer system), Boston Acoustics A-70s, 1 x Knight KN-830 in large DIY cab, and of course, the laughable Sony SS-U531AVs. The others I've listed in this thread before are either out on loan or stored elsewhere. The Maggies, Bose, BAs, and that funky one with the sparkly grill left with my friend to go to different recipients.

Still, it was fun to create this stack. My goal for when I eventually get a larger place, is to rebuild the stack, bigger and better, and connect everything up at once and crank the tunes ... and spend the next three years paying off the noise ordinance violation fines.

So, who wants to play, name that speaker?

- JP

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about the pair of Smaller Advents that didn't make it into the pic either.