View Full Version : Pioneer sx 1010 lost left channel

sendust
09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi i have a sx 1010 and after changing the stylus on my cart i lost the left side, it crackles a bit when turned up. When i changed the stylus i did not remove the cart so no wires were crossed. I attached a second tt and found the channel still defective. Any ideas......

cademan
09-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Do you still have both channels using a CD player, tuner or cassette deck? If yes, then it is associated with your turntable and/or turntable connections!

Sinse the 1010 has pre-out/main-in options, try pulling the jumpers and use a pair of RCA cables connected to another amplifier to see if it is associated in the preamp section only, or the power amp section.

sendust
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you still have both channels using a CD player, tuner or cassette deck? If yes, then it is associated with your turntable and/or turntable connections!

Sinse the 1010 has pre-out/main-in options, try pulling the jumpers and use a pair of RCA cables connected to another amplifier to see if it is associated in the preamp section only, or the power amp section.
Hi i will need to borrow an amp, when i use the aux. i can play cds with both channels but i tried the tt on phono 1 and the phono 2 with only the right speaker responding,

sendust
09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Also i noticed that when i use AM or FM i do not get a sound on AM, and on FM if you use high volume you can hear a hum in the distance but no hiss or sound from changing channels this is also new.

ryuuoh
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Has the unit had the switches cleaned?

sendust
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Has the unit had the switches cleaned?
No but it has been cleaned with compressed air. Do you think it is worth picking up some tuner cleaner and spraying the switches, if so do i just open up the unit or do the switches need to be removed and lastly could this have affected the AM and FM.

sendust
09-27-2010, 10:02 PM
One more thing on low volume both speakers work ,when i increase the volume the sound on the defective side starts to pulse and if you increase it begins to crackle. Just thought i should add all info...

sendust
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Well all has changed again, now both channels sound ok at low volume but both crackle when increasing volume ,i may need info on how to clean properly

stereofanboy
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Use the search feature to find "the idiot's guide to using Deoxit", or something close to that, I may be off a word or two.

avionic
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Do you think it is worth picking up some tuner cleaner and spraying the switches Tuner spray :no: CAIG Deox-it..:yes: A little more expensive but the stuff works grrreat..:thmbsp:

Lux Man
09-27-2010, 11:52 PM
You might want to move your question over to the Pioneer section where you will get help from Pioneer experts. However it does sound like a cleaning issue, which if you have not done to this to your SX-1010 you certainly should. It requires some dis-assembly to get at all the pots and switches but it is not too difficult and well worth the effort.

nbndtrain
09-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Tuning knob requires a 1.5mm allen key, rather than brute strength.