View Full Version : Dual 1218/1219/1228/1229 Appreciation thread

mackat
07-22-2011, 05:55 PM
My 1219 is coming in the Mail
From fixmydual.com!

I want to hear what you think about them.

Where you got it, how long you have had it! Do you like it? What cart/stylus?

Thanks a lot,

MacKat

ssmith3046
07-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't own a 1219 but I have bought a 701 and 1019 from Bill and I know you won't be disappointed. Enjoy your 1219.

bangsezmax
07-22-2011, 08:10 PM
I've owned a 1229 for about 20 years. My main table for a long time, I now use it as a dedicated 78 table. Just recently picked up a 1219 that was majorly in need of some TLC (the plastic speed shifter stepped assembly had cracked). Got it up and running and it sounds wonderful.

I really like these tables. They have their little quirks (I now know how to make my own steurpimpels!), but they've got that classic idler vibe to them and they sound really solid.

To me the classic cart for this type of table is the Shure M91ED. I think those were offered as stock originally. They also sound really good with a Stanton 680-681/Pickering XV-15.

goldwax
07-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Someone gave me a 1228 last year and though it hasn't been restored, it sounds great, even with a cheapo AT92E.

classic carl
07-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I picked up a 1229 a couple of weeks ago. It was in great cosmetic shape, so I sent it to Bill for the treatment. I also have a 1249 that I bought new in 1975 that I'm considering sending to Bill when the 1229 returns. The 1229 came with an Acutex 312 STR cart. The previous owner had the table stored for the past 20 years.

kermit z
07-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I really like my 1209, But I see this is not part of the fan club:scratch2:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=1061

redhotvalves
07-22-2011, 11:48 PM
How about the 1226? I just picked one up (havent set it up yet) but i use to have a 1225 which i remember having speed control problems.

NoTransistors
07-22-2011, 11:49 PM
The 1209 has an all-metal arm which makes it superior to the 1218/1228/and all the other 12xx series 10"ers, as they all have various bits of plastic arm parts that look like metal. Oh, the knobs are metal as well.
If only the 1209 had a bit more quiet to it.

joel27
07-23-2011, 12:45 AM
I have a 1219 that I picked up from a local seller. It was his dad who purchased it while stationed in Germany. It was/is in perfect condition and the price was very low. It must have been cabinet kept. It had hardly any dust and a really good sounding M91ED attached. It has been one of my 2 main tables. It now has a Denon DL-160 attached and I couldn't have been happier. It would be my only table if the arm would play nice with my Denon DL-103 LOMC.

Amcrebelfan
07-23-2011, 12:48 AM
I have a 1229 horrible hum, can't figure it out. I also have a 1219 that the arm isn't coming back to the stand when done playing, it also sometimes snaps back fast. I can't comment until I can afford to fix them. I do have a couple 1009's that I am running though, like them alot.

mackat
07-23-2011, 12:49 AM
I think I am going to like it :-)

joel27
07-23-2011, 01:21 AM
I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

kermit z
07-23-2011, 08:16 AM
The 1209 has an all-metal arm which makes it superior to the 1218/1228/and all the other 12xx series 10"ers, as they all have various bits of plastic arm parts that look like metal. Oh, the knobs are metal as well.
If only the 1209 had a bit more quiet to it.

That is true, quiet is not a word I would use with my 1209. But I do love how mechanical it is. Flip the lever to "Start" and it gets to work:yes:

Mackat, you will like your new table :)

bangsezmax
07-23-2011, 09:17 AM
I have a 1229 horrible hum, can't figure it out. I also have a 1219 that the arm isn't coming back to the stand when done playing, it also sometimes snaps back fast. I can't comment until I can afford to fix them. I do have a couple 1009's that I am running though, like them alot.For the hum, have you tried different RCA cables? Other things to check are the connections at the headshell, the muting switch, and (of course) the ground wire.

The arm issues sound like steurpimpel problems.

illinoisteve
07-23-2011, 10:17 AM
I love my Dual 1229 which I've had about 4 years now. We became intimately acquainted during the first weeks when I learned to clean old lube gunk, clean (and reclean) all of the audio connections, disassemble and clean and relube the motor bearings, and other loving interactions. I have used it with the Pickering XV-15 cartridge that came with it, a Shure M3D (from my first Dual love, a 1009), and a Shure M97 which is currently on it.

hbrocks
07-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I found a 1229Q sitting on a shelf at the salvation Army for $19....
Completely scratched up dust cover, crappy looking base...
BUT, it had all the parts and it powered on .
Sent it to Bill for the once over.....
It came back to me about 2-3 weeks later sounding good as new.

Thanks Bill!

petromalt
07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
I picked up my 1229 at the local thrift for $20. Had a V15 II on it. Sent it to Bohhey to fix it up right after purchase. Since then Ive tweaked the platter and underside following instructions provided by No Transistors and others. It plays silently, no rumble. Currently, she's sporting a Signet 5Ea with a NOS stylus.:music: I also use a V15 III with a Jico SAS. Cracking open and lubricating the motor was the single most important tweak.

Zingem
07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Have enjoyed my 1219 for 3 years now. So much so that I bought another one in mint condition just in case.
After owning two 1019's which I didn't come to terms with, the 1219 was an instant succes.
Since I bought several Duals, both belt en direct driven and enjoyed them all. Yet I'm about to sell one or two of these. But the 1219's stay (as does the 704, and the 701 for the time being).
The 1219 may not be so quiet as a 701 or a 601, but it plays records in a non-fatiguing way. It's very much an allround TT. And it's to a large extent an all mechanical device. I find that intriguing.

Kyluckyman
07-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I got back into vinyl this past Spring when I bought a nonworking 1228. Fortunately it came with all the parts but the seller damaged the base and the stylus by the way he packed the table. I got a good reimbursement for the damage. I cleaned the table of the old lubes and grease and redid everything per the service manual. Low and behold, it worked! Currently it has either a ATVS210E w/ new stylus or a Shure M97xE in it. I like how easy it is to swap carts w/ Duals.

Coming is a 1219 in original carton. No base or cover, however I will take the nice base I have on a parts table 1219 I have and go from there. Pictured is the parts 1219.

Fernando
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Got my 1229 in 1973 for my college dorm. It is still in use. Early on, I got a kit of Dual approved lubricants and have kept the unit in mint condition. About 8 years ago I gave it an overhaul, replacing the main elastomers, including the steuerpimpel and collar from the arm pivot raise/lower mechanism.

Original cartridge was a Stanton 681EE. This was followed by ADC XLM, XLM MkII, ZLM and Shure V15 Type VMR. Today, the Shure wears a JICO SAS stylus.

I have other Duals including a very good performing 510, but the 1229 will last forever.

JNTIT
07-23-2011, 12:17 PM
If bill is doing the work it will be excellent. I see it's not on the list, but I really like my 1246.

quadtech
07-23-2011, 03:36 PM
A few months ago, I picked up a Dual 1229 with a Shure M91ED, from the original owner who bought it new in 1973. He treated it well, but
it hadn't been used for a while, and was non-functional when I got it.

It was clear right away that this was a real Rube Goldberg machine!

After going through all the excellent information here, and a
wonderful document written by Dave Krugler, I managed to do a
complete service, including opening and lubricating the motor, the speed
control, and all the various levers and shafts, replacing the
infamous steurpimpel, the rubber collar for the single/multi shaft,
and cleaning and replacing the tone arm damping oil.

It was a real bitch to set up the tonearm correctly, so it does not bind.
The strobe neon lamp was barely glowing, so I replaced it
with a DIY LED lamp, as per the schematic posted on dual-board.de

My phono pre is the VSPS, built on a piece of perf board.

It took me a few months of learning, but it's really satisfying
to get it all working and hear it play perfectly!

And it's thanks to people like Bill, NoTransistors and all the other
Dual gurus and enthusiasts.
Whoever came up with the idea of using coax cable insulation for
the guide is a real genius. Seth also posted a brilliant tip
about stethoscope tube for the rubber collar.

Duals are built like tanks, and this one will probably outlive me!

Amcrebelfan
07-23-2011, 04:33 PM
For the hum, have you tried different RCA cables? Other things to check are the connections at the headshell, the muting switch, and (of course) the ground wire.

Thanks I will check those out .

mackat
07-25-2011, 04:47 PM
By the way, do you think the Dual 1219 would out-turntable the Pro-ject RM 1.3? Feel free to mention any other ones it would out-turntable.

Thanks,
MacKat

DougMac
07-25-2011, 06:00 PM
I bought a Dual 1228 new from University Sound (L.A.) in 1973. It was a faithful servant until I sold it in 2002. It was doing fine then but could have stood a tuneup.

I loved the way it played. My problem was that I have an extensive 78 collection and the headshell setup is less than ideal for frequent changes. Also, once they get a little age, the contacts for the headshell need attention. I wish I'd used De-Oxit.

I have some RTR tapes I made transcribing records played on the Dual. When I hear them, I'm reminded of how nice it sounded. I used a Shure V-15 III and a Grado with it.

Now I have a Technics SP-15 dedicated to transcribing 78's and LP's, a Technics SL-1500 MK II for listening and I just bought an arm for a Technics SP-25. I think the Dual gives them a run for their money.

Kyluckyman
07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
The only turntables I have had personal experience with was 1) an old Garrard that was in my parents Fisher console unit in the early 60's 2) A Dual 1229 my Dad owned, 3) A Radio Shack portable, 4) a GE dropdown, 5) a Dual 1228, 6) a Dual 1219 (not yet operational) and a lower end 7) Kenwood. The Dual 1229 and 1219 are about the same with the only difference I seem to see is the strobe light. The 1228 has a 10 inch platter and is a two speed.

I want to take the motor off the 1219 and lubricate it. Is there any problem to look out for when doing this? Since I need to change out the brass spindle, it seems easier to do this off the table.

jetlag26
07-25-2011, 09:08 PM
My problem was that I have an extensive 78 collection and the headshell setup is less than ideal for frequent changes.

I have a Dual 1219 which I play LP's only on it. I, too have a fairly large 78 collection. However my 78's are all acoustical and therefore would not sound good on a modern turntable. I transcribed them to open reel tape by playing the records on an original gramophone using a Shure SM58 mike buried inside the horn.

burlyb
07-25-2011, 09:09 PM
I want to take the motor off the 1219 and lubricate it. Is there any problem to look out for when doing this? Since I need to change out the brass spindle, it seems easier to do this off the table.

If it's like my 1216, the spindle is easily removable by removing the two screws under the motor. They hold on the lower bracket of the spindle. Easy to oil it and the upper bushing.

stereofisher
07-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Got three. Two 1219s and a 1229. Have Shure M91ED,M55, and a M3D. All sound good but I like the M55 the best. All has JICO stylus' Picked up three LPs at Sal Army today. Sleeping Beauty by Tchaikosky on an old RCA 1956, The 1219 with the M3D sounded good. The Gean Pittney Greatest Hits from the mid 60s sounded better with the Dual 1229 and the Shure M55. Ran the 1219 with a copy of Handels Water Music on a Phillips LP with the M3D. Nice.
Have problems with the automatc on all three. Fall project. Will figure it out or send to Bohley or No Transistors.

Dadbar
07-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Have 3 Duals in operation...and all three work. A 1209 just for 7 inch 45's, a 1229 and a 1241 for everything else. Of the three the 1229 is the most satisfying.....so solid and husky...a real brute. It will run forever......you will love yours

BrianLW
07-25-2011, 09:23 PM
For the hum, have you tried different RCA cables? Other things to check are the connections at the headshell, the muting switch, and (of course) the ground wire.

I had a 1216 that hummed like mad. The connections at the headshell are a tiny pc board that can slide down in its groove. Shoving it back up fixed the hum.

illinoisteve
07-26-2011, 12:41 PM
By the way, do you think the Dual 1219 would out-turntable the Pro-ject RM 1.3? Feel free to mention any other ones it would out-turntable.

Thanks,
MacKat

I think you'll get a better response if you start a new thread with this question. As this thread praising Duals gets bigger, people won't necessarily read all the other posts and see your question. And people scanning topic titles won't know you asked a question in the middle of this thread.

DougMac
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I have a Dual 1219 which I play LP's only on it. I, too have a fairly large 78 collection. However my 78's are all acoustical and therefore would not sound good on a modern turntable. I transcribed them to open reel tape by playing the records on an original gramophone using a Shure SM58 mike buried inside the horn.
Gorgeous Gramaphone!
I have a LP of Edison Cylinders where the producer did just that. I have a Victrola, but I need to have the reproducer rebuilt.

I record my 78's, including the acoustics, with a flat pre-amp. Once I clean up the noise, I apply various filters and EQ to make them sound good. With proper EQ, you can remove the "honkiness" of some acoustics.

Just a few minutes ago, I transcribed Aida - Farewell, Oh Earth! sung by Johanna Gadski and Enrico Caruso. It was recorded November 6, 1909. The label's printed price is $4.00, which would be more than $100 in today's money. There were just a few clicks to contend with, the normal hiss, but no distortion that I find when the records were played with a bad needle.

John Hukill
07-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Dual 1214...
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6669/1214w.jpg

John Hukill
07-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Dual 1226...
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5795/1226lo.jpg

John Hukill
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Dual 1228...
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6572/1228g.jpg

gillsev
07-26-2011, 07:40 PM
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4751/dual1229q.jpg

Dual 1229Q

I initially purchased it from the Bay (from a Canadian audiophile). Was packed well and arrived good. All auto functions worked flawlessly despite having no steuerpimpel :yikes:

I also wondered myself, How in the world ...

But there was a multi mode issue:
When playing single play, everything worked fine and normal, but when the lever is switched from Single mode to Multi mode, the tonearm assembly would rise (as it would normally to compensate for VTA), but when you used the cue lever, it didn't even lift the tonearm up (even when it is just the first record being played from the stack). So at the end of play when the automatic cycle engages, it barely lifts it up - with the stylus almost touching the record as the arm swings back. In this case, any more than one record in the stack would be a catastrophe! I have already adjusted the cue control adjustment screw to its maximum at 8 mm (on Single mode).

In my DIY attempt to fix it (and attaching a "home remedy" steuerpimpel), I made matters worse. Upon putting it back together, I've noticed that something was impeding the arm. I noticed it especially when I observed the cantilever wiggled as if being dragged during play while the headshell remained stationary.

This is where Bill "Bohhey" Neumann came in. I sent it to him and he professionaly restored it to MINT condition. Bill said, the tonearm was binding because of the single/multi switch. The rubber collar was broken (typical) and the tonearm couldn't seat properly, so the plate underneath was binding on the height adjusting collar. Replaced with new collar, and all is well again. He also cleaned out the old grease off the mechanism, relubed it, installed a new steuerpimpel, and reversed the polarity of the strobe lamp to avoid flickering. He even fixed and tightened the wooden base where the dustcover hinges to stay up, and provided me with a new dustcover. Overall, an exemplary job from Bill that goes beyond the call of duty!

But it was my fault for not sending in the multiplay spindle with it for final testing, so some more refine adjustments were needed to be done because now, the records won't drop: 78s or LPs.

When I inserted the stacker spindle, I push it down through that notch then twist it clockwise to lock it down (Lock Down Mode). But at lock down mode, the upper part of the spindle (3 smaller prongs) doesn't retract all the way in, so that the stack won't go past through that. It should retract all the way in for it to come through, and rest on the lower part of the spindle which are the 3 larger prongs that support the stack.
It seems that there was a millimeter gap at lock down mode for the spindle to go down some more until it's at a dead stop. Because if I pressed it down to eliminate this gap, the upper part of the spindle (3 smaller prongs) retracts all the way in, and everything works normally.

This is where "NoTransistors" came in to help me resolve the problem (virtually) ...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6283/chassis1219.jpg

"Not difficult.
Look at the end of the arrowed lever that is nearest the drop-spindle.
Believe it or not, the thing that looks like a bolt head is what you must rotate [a wee bit at a time] to adjust the amount of travel of the spindle prongs.
What? you may be thinking. On that rotatable nut, is a pin which is moulded in such a fashion, that by rotating the 'nut', you move the pin up or down. One full revolution of this 'nut' covers the entire range of the adjustment."

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5002/arrowheadbolt.jpg

One last refinement was done when I decided to replace the old idler wheel because I could hear a faint thud every now and then. I sent the old idler wheel to Terry and he replaced it with a brand new rubber.

http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/

Result? It is now even more silent than it was (just like a 701 Direct Drive now). I am now a very happy and satisfied owner of this Dual 1229Q, and this is my story. :thmbsp:
BTW, she's sporting a Shure M91ED. Lovin' the sound of the 70's!

mackat
07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the rubber roller? I might eventually get one of those.

Thanks a lot,

MacKat

P.S.

That was a REALLY good post!:tresbon::banana:

gillsev
07-27-2011, 04:15 AM
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the rubber roller? I might eventually get one of those.

Thanks a lot,

MacKat

P.S.

That was a REALLY good post!:tresbon::banana:

Thanks Mackat!
YES, get that rubber wheel, it will be worth it! :thmbsp:
It will cost you only $40.

mackat
07-28-2011, 12:05 AM
I definitely will when I'm less broke ;-) :tresmauvais: :étant très éclaté est ennuyeux: :ce n'est Google translate parler: :-)

mackat
07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Bumper cars...

Metalownz
07-28-2011, 10:56 PM
I have a 1228. I love it, sounds excellent. However, if i dont use it for awhile, its slow to start up, but this only happens in the very beginning of a listening sesion. Overall, im a huge fan of the idler drive Duals. Your going to love yours.

FloridaSam
07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Here's a pic of my 1219 spinning right now. I also have a 1019 that I am very fond of too, I use them both regularly. Old Duals are like potato chips, I dare you to have just one! I'm running an old (80's vintage) Stanton 890AL on it and it sounds great, could probably go through an earthquake without skipping or mistracking, great cart.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/5ml7aa.jpg

mackat
07-31-2011, 01:56 AM
Bonk...

chicks
07-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Old Duals are like potato chips, I dare you to have just one!

Four Duals here. One currently languishing on BarterTown. Here are two of them, a perfectly working 1019 and a 1219 undergoing rehab:

http://chicksolutions.com/ak/Dual/1019/no_2/100_4295.JPG

leicamaster
07-31-2011, 07:47 PM
I have a 1229 horrible hum, can't figure it out. I also have a 1219 that the arm isn't coming back to the stand when done playing, it also sometimes snaps back fast. I can't comment until I can afford to fix them. I do have a couple 1009's that I am running though, like them alot.

The famed Dual hum. It is not that horrible though.

illinoisteve
07-31-2011, 08:27 PM
The famed Dual hum. It is not that horrible though.

I properly serviced Dual isn't going to cause a hum. There are some carts notorious for hum problems. And ground-loop hum problems are not necessarily the cause of a turntable that is in good working order.

mackat
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
YaY! My Dual 1219 will be here on thursday! Woohoo!

A very happy kat!

Kyluckyman
08-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Please be sure to post pictures and your thoughts on the table once you have run it thorough its paces! I think you're going to like it-a lot!

mackat
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Sure will!

A still very happy Kat!

mackat
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Buggleboo

mackat
08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
It comes with an m91 ED. What do you think vs my m97xe?

Very happy kitty cat!

Kyluckyman
08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I just got a M91E and put a $12.00 EPAY needle on it. It sounds okay but skips on a few tracks at 1.5 grams and some songs don't sound right. Example the opening track on ELO's Eldorado where the "movie voice" talks....that doesnt come out as well with the M91 but is much more pronounced with the other Shure. Swapped and readjusted the weight on the tonearm w/the M97xe and the M97xe wins. No skipping and better audio clarity! I think it may be the cheeeeep stylus. Before I give up on the M91, I will try a better stylus. But can I just swap stylus between these two Shures? Anyone know offhand? Oh yeah, I set the weight on the needle with a digital force gage...

Kyluckyman
08-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I did some tests on the M91E last night. It has something wrong with it. Output into the left channel is not all there. I have yet to determine if its the cart or possibly the Dual headshell its in.Anybody try replacing those little wires in the headshell? It looks like a delicate soldering job with a steady hand.

Kyluckyman
08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I put another cart I had that was new and known good on the questionable headshell. Output through the left channel was missing.

DaveyW
08-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I put another cart I had that was new and known good on the questionable headshell. Output through the left channel was missing.

Those have caused problems here too :yes:

Does yours have sprung metal contacts? - I believe later ones were spring & plungers.

If so, not only do both the arm and shell contacts need to be clean, there needs to be enough "springiness" in the headshell contacts.
I've had to prize them out a little to make appropriate contact against the arm board.

Might be worth checking this.
Cheers,
Dave

Kyluckyman
08-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I wasn't thinking before I took the cart off the headshell. I should have switched the wires going into the cart (reverse both sides-move the left side to the right and vise versa). If the problem moved channels, it would be the wires. If the output on the left channel remained quieter, then it would be the contacts. I think that makes sense....anyway on a new production headshell with a new Shure M97xe, the stereo sounds great and is evenly balanced. I just hate installing those little screws on these headshells.

quadtech
08-07-2011, 03:30 AM
With the cartridge fitted, check the resistance of each channel
before the muting switch. For the M91, you should see about
630ohms. Else you need to check and clean all contacts.

Cleaning the contacts fixed the issues I had with hum and low
volume on one channel.

To do it right, you need to clean all the contacts in the
path -

* Muting switch
* Cartridge pins
* The little connectors on the headshell wires
* The pins on the headshell
* The tracks on the tiny PCB on the tonearm.

perryinva
08-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I have 2 1219s, and a few heads, both rod & spring, and pressure contacts. I usde a bit of Deoxit after I cleaned off all the oxide. I think they are all silver plated, as the oxide is pretty black. Had one new in '73 that I sold in college when money got tight, always had a hum, but neither of these do. Only paid $10 for one, with V15-II and $50 for the other with 2 Empire 888s, one with the nice flip down front base. Both needed a little work but well worth it. Classic sound, but not that crazy about the Empires. Love the look, operation and feel of them. Need to try NoT's advice of polishing the inner rims.

grooveman
07-05-2012, 10:26 AM
As a new owner of a 1229, I thought I'd revive this thread. I've had mine a little over a week, purchased off of Ebay. The turntable arrived with the rear corners on the base seperated, due to possible shifting in the shipping carton. I re-glued and reinforced the corners, adding some additional bracing for better overall support.

I cleaned and re-lubricated the moving parts, in addition to replacing the pimpel, rubber collar and glued the anti skate cam which was split. It now is operating perfectly in both automatic and manual modes. But it still won't shut off when the tonearm returns to it's rest position. I have to move the speed selector switch a half inch to the right to disengage the idler, which then shuts off the motor.

I've checked and cleaned the linkages between the idler arm and the contacts inside the black electrical box, but it still won't shut off on it's own. I might try replacing the cap that's inside the box, to see if that's the culprit.

Other than the auto shut off problem. The 1229 is playing and sounding very nice, with a new Shure M97xe installed. I might upgrade to a Jico SAS stylus replacement in the future.....but for now the stock stylus is doing a decent job.

Dadbar
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
We have three Duals in use around the homestead. The lowly 1209 is used exclusively for 7" 45's with the stacking spindle (Stanton 680), the 1229 is used in the office for background music during the day (Shure V15IIimp with Jico SAS) and we have a 1241 in the kitchen for entertainment (Shure M91E). We love all the Duals- they are all elegant workhorses.

Christian B
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I have a 1219 also bought from Bill. Beautiful custom base and cover that he makes himself. I'm using a Shure V-15 type III as Bill recommended, and I'm just blown away by the sound! I'm sure you'll enjoy it when it arrives.