View Full Version : Need Help With Equalizer Connection

joe_tex
10-21-2011, 10:06 PM
I have posted here about a CR-3020 that I had restored. It is working very well and I wanted to connect a Yamaha EQ-550 graphic equalizer to it. I am unable to figure out where the tape monitor control is. The equalizer picks up a signal but does not change the sound at all. I have also hooked up a pioneer EQ with the same results. I have a pioneer receiver that has 2 tape monitor switches on the front. So where are the tape monitor controls on the 3020? Maybe it doesn't have any or maybe I am just getting really stupid (which is always an option). I will greatly appreciate any replies that will solve my problem.

avionic
10-21-2011, 10:18 PM
http://sportsbil.com/yamaha/cr-3020-om.pdf Page 22

brutal
10-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I have posted here about a CR-3020 that I had restored. It is working very well and I wanted to connect a Yamaha EQ-550 graphic equalizer to it. I am unable to figure out where the tape monitor control is. The equalizer picks up a signal but does not change the sound at all. I have also hooked up a pioneer EQ with the same results. I have a pioneer receiver that has 2 tape monitor switches on the front. So where are the tape monitor controls on the 3020? Maybe it doesn't have any or maybe I am just getting really stupid (which is always an option). I will greatly appreciate any replies that will solve my problem.

Loop the EQ into a tape monitor loop, input on Tape, and use the REC OUT to select your source.