View Full Version : Teac ZD 3000

rottydad2003
07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Recently picked up a teac ZD 3000 at a yard sale. this is one of the early CD players with a nice solid steel frame and a huge power supply. I have listned to it side by side with new "mid fi" CD players. Is it my imagination or does this Teac sound much smoother and transparent than the newer CD players. I know digital has come a long way in the past 20 years.....so why wouldn't a new player blow this thing away? Just thought I'd throw that out and see if anyone has thoughts or opinions on this.

mrskinny
07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
I picked up a ZD-1000 not long ago- there is a post in the general audio discussion. It sounds better than I'd expected,but not much different than the few other mid 80's players that I have.Aside from a few DVD players the only new player that I have to compare it to is a Sony XE670 SACD player. The Sony gives a clearer sound,and is MUCH smoother than the Teac. Doesn't matter to me though- I like the Teac and I'm keepin' it!

rottydad2003
08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I picked up a ZD-1000 not long ago- there is a post in the general audio discussion. It sounds better than I'd expected,but not much different than the few other mid 80's players that I have.Aside from a few DVD players the only new player that I have to compare it to is a Sony XE670 SACD player. The Sony gives a clearer sound,and is MUCH smoother than the Teac. Doesn't matter to me though- I like the Teac and I'm keepin' it!
Thanks ...I hav'nt spoken with anyone who has a teac player from this vintage. Maybe I just want it to sound better....But i'm keepin mine too!