View Full Version : RSL 1600 Mini Monitor

tacticaltechno
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I went to the local Goodwill, and came across an RSL 1600 Mini Monitor. Its a 2 way 60 watt speaker. Its got a 6.5" woofer, and a dome tweeter. There was only one cabinet. Unfortunatly a little bit of the surround is torn away due to age I'm assuming, so I plan to maybe fix that. The other cabinet I am unsure of where it is. I bought it for 10 dollars. Good find???

luvvinvinyl
10-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Keep going back, daily, and you may be surprised to find the mate turns up. Why they do that, is anybody's guess.

Once you get a pair, and replace the surrounds (You can fix that), then you'll know just what you have.

tacticaltechno
10-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Keep going back, daily, and you may be surprised to find the mate turns up. Why they do that, is anybody's guess.

Once you get a pair, and replace the surrounds (You can fix that), then you'll know just what you have.

The one cabinet sounds pretty good, its clear. I've tested a few songs with clarity, and it does it pretty well.

luvvinvinyl
10-08-2005, 08:06 PM
If it sounds good, now, just imagine how much better it will sound with a new surround.

tacticaltechno
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
If it sounds good, now, just imagine how much better it will sound with a new surround.

Haha yea. I'll get it fixed. But im curious as to something. I have a pair of wharfedale e70 speakers hooked up to A channel, and the 1 RSL to the First B channel. If A & B are used simultaneously the majority of sound is going to the RSL and when its only A, obviously wharfedale, and B only, obviously RSL. But why would most sound come out of the RSL vs the wharfedale when A & B are used together??

luvvinvinyl
10-08-2005, 08:16 PM
I have no experience with your amp (the A-200?), and there are questions about relative efficiency of the speakers, and their impedance. Balance knob? Then again, I am unsure about the one-sided speaker hookup.

I think I'd fix the one, and wait for its mate.

tacticaltechno
10-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I have no experience with your amp (the A-200?), and there are questions about relative efficiency of the speakers, and their impedance. Balance knob? Then again, I am unsure about the one-sided speaker hookup.

I think I'd fix the one, and wait for its mate.

CORRECTION: Sansui A2000 Integrated Amp, haha sorry about that.

You could be right on that, the wharfedale e70's are very efficient speakers, but I don't know how efficient the RSL is.