View Full Version : Nikko STA-7070 (I need help)

hwystar
02-09-2013, 05:23 PM
I was trying to adjust the tuning string tension because it got loose somehow...then the string broke. Now I have a new string from another 7070 parts donor. I have some pictures of the string routing in gerneral. But I can't tell from my photos how the string wraps around the white plastic wheel that attaches to the tuning sector.

Some close-up photos or a diagram would be nice. This is the part that has that little spring on the string and it allows for tension adjustments. A service manual may be the ticket but I don't know and they aren't available for free download.

Any help would be appreciated.

glen65
02-09-2013, 05:31 PM
I was trying to adjust the tuning string tension because it got loose somehow...then the string broke. Now I have a new string from another 7070 parts donor. I have some pictures of the string routing in gerneral. But I can't tell from my photos how the string wraps around the white plastic wheel that attaches to the tuning sector.

Some close-up photos or a diagram would be nice. This is the part that has that little spring on the string and it allows for tension adjustments. A service manual may be the ticket but I don't know and they aren't available for free download.

Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't see any for free, but servicemanuals.net shows they have them.

ryuuoh
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
You could try finding a receiver service manual with the same general arrangement.

Frhodes
02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I think its the same as my 8080. Hope these pictures help.

ryuuoh
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
:thmbsp:

hwystar
02-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I think its the same as my 8080. Hope these pictures help.

Great pics. Thanks a bunch.