View Full Version : Spica Angelus deal in DC 200.00 on CL

dnewma04
01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Not sure what these go for typically, but 200.00 sounds like a good deal to me for some very nice and unusual speakers. The reviews speak for themselves. Hopefully an AKer can pic these up to enjoy.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ele/126083590.html

archie2
01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I have a pair of Spica TC60's and know a little bit about the Angelus. $200. plus the subwoofer he's throwing in is a steal imo. But he's not showing a photo of his pair, (wonder why), so you don't know their condition. If they are nearly as good as the the photo and working, I'd grab them in a heartbeat.
Spicas are known for their excellent soundstaging, non fatiguing listening, and mid range. The speakers "dissapear" and a phenomanal soundstage appears from the back, front and sides of the speakers extending from floor to ceiling. Placement is crucial though to get maximum benefit from them. Plus the bass isn't all that great.The Company went out of business about 10 or 15 years ago so parts are hard to come by.

Dean P
01-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Not sure what these go for typically, but 200.00 sounds like a good deal to me for some very nice and unusual speakers. The reviews speak for themselves. Hopefully an AKer can pic these up to enjoy.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ele/126083590.html
If they were near me :yes: It is hard to believe he is selling those & keeping what he said. :thumbsdn:

Grumpy
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
That is an amazing deal ! Someone needs to Run don't walk to get them !!

Bigerik
01-23-2006, 03:20 PM
I am with Grumpy! AMAZING deal. Those were an awesome speaker, way back when. Porbably still are. Would run like hell to get them for that price!
Erik

dnewma04
01-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Seems like people share my opinion that they wished they lived closer. When I find deals like this, it's ok to post them, correct?

Kegger
01-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I co,own a pair of those and they are a wonderful speaker! More then worth the asking
price, killer imaging with great midbass on up. Could use a sub and don't try to crank em.

They are extremly detailed from bass on up, just not a ton of volume. Bookshelf on steriods
is how I would describe there sound!