View Full Version : Denon dcd 1500 II tray won't open

jsjazz
03-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I have a Denon DCD 1500II that will not eject the cd. There is one in there right now that will play but I can't get the door to open. When I press the button I can hear a motor running but it won't budge. I looked inside to see if there was a jam but I don't see anything. Is this a mechanical problem? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Jeff

dr.ido
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Usually if the motor is running, but the tray won't open it's because the belt that runs from the tray motor to gear that drives that tray is slipping.

If the belt is slack it has stretched with age and will need to be replaced. To check the belt you will may need to open the tray to see it. You can open the tray by turning the gear by hand (with the power off). You may need to remove the transport from the case and/or remove the front panel to get at the gear (I'm not familiar with you specific player).

If the belt is tight then the grease has probably dried out and gummed up the mechanism. Sometimes manually opening and closing the tray will be enough to free it up, but the best bet is to carefully clean off the old grease and then regrease it. Don't be tempted to spray it with anything like WD40.

jsjazz
03-07-2006, 07:26 PM
thanks for the help

wsjoe
10-30-2006, 10:09 AM
All you need are two belts for the tray. Part numbers:
$2.14 4230046209
$2.14 4230047004

Search them online or www.pacparts.com.

You may have to remove the bottom cover also for the lower belt.

While the case is open, use alcohol to clean the rails both tray and laser. No grease here but light oil can be good.

Good luck.

streckfu
03-23-2007, 08:07 AM
All you need are two belts for the tray. Part numbers:
$2.14 4230046209
$2.14 4230047004

Search them online or www.pacparts.com.

You may have to remove the bottom cover also for the lower belt.

While the case is open, use alcohol to clean the rails both tray and laser. No grease here but light oil can be good.

Good luck.

I'm bumping this back because a search for parts and manuals for the DCD-1800R brought up this post. The PAC Parts website does not have the parts available and I was hoping someone else may have another source.

Thank you.

wsjoe
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, the 1800 and 1800r are one of the oldest cd players from Denon. What parts do you need? Belts? If it's the laser, you won't find it because it uses a Toshiba like pickup unit. How about buying 1800 for parts only from Ebay? I see them from time to time.

wsjoe