View Full Version : polk replacement drivers

technut
07-09-2006, 10:57 PM
I've got a pair of monitor 10's with one bass/mid driver that is a little flaky and so I am looking to replace it. I see several available on e-bay from time to time but I never seem to find the exact one.

Can anyone tell me which drivers belong on which speaker? Does it really matter. I had a mw-6502 in one hand and a mw-6503 in the other and the only difference seems to be spider stiffness.

What do the model #'s tell me? which speakers for the mw-6502,6503,6510,etc?

I know this is a lot to ask but does anybody have any idea which one's would be suitable for the monitor 10's?

edwin
07-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Go to the polk site

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/

people there would be more than willing to help you. One thing good about polk is that they still sell replacement drivers . Register and be a member of club polk and you get automatic discounts on the drivers.

merrylander
07-10-2006, 06:15 AM
I believe that the 6502 is a 4 ohm speaker and the 6503 is 8 ohm. When you visit the Polk site there is a support line phone #. Call theme and they will tell you which is the right speaker. Once you register you will see the discount price and they will happily sell to you at that price.

Rob