DMV folks...Where you at?

I know Brett who used to run the Audio Associates repair shop in Falls Church, and Corey from Music Technologies, And heck...I used to work at Needle in a Haystack. Got a buddy in Opal who has some nice stuff too. Maybe Veterans Day weekend ? Surely during the winter...But My Pellet Stove can be a little annoying in the cold winter because of its blower fan.

Brett's current shop is directly above the one John was referring to FYI

I've never bought anything from Command but they're nice guys, no problems demoing stuff there is no way I can afford, they almost got me for an AR turntable that someone had traded in but I resisted :)

I wonder *IF* the northern VA guys might have a teeny get together, maybe meet someplace and visit some local audio shops? I have chairs n such for about 12 folks. My audio is split between super low distortion DB Systems electronics and KEF 104aB's (recapped this spring) and a Crown PSA2 (recapped this spring too) with JBL 4312's.
It would be a 2-3 hour get together, no food unless you bring yerself something. I do coffee and water, and if I don't drive, some vodka.

I'd like to hear about it if someone sets something up.

Brett's current shop is directly above the one John was referring to FYI

I've never bought anything from Command but they're nice guys, no problems demoing stuff there is no way I can afford, they almost got me for an AR turntable that someone had traded in but I resisted :)

I'll second that about Command AV. Wish I could afford their gear!

ok, I have my MC2100 getting some work done by Brett. When I pick it up, I will ask both if they are up to a gathering. Brett picked up some space across the hall from his spot and this looks like a demo room. He had several pairs of Quads on display, fwiw.

Spoke with Jon at Command Av. Sounds like they would support a gathering. Jeff is away and we will confirm on his return. Let me know if you all prefer a non commercial event.

Spoke with Jon at Command Av. Sounds like they would support a gathering. Jeff is away and we will confirm on his return. Let me know if you all prefer a non commercial event.

What's the difference between events?

What's the difference between events?
getting together at Command = commercial vs one of our places. Depends if we want to compare/demo our gear vs. listening to what Command has. They are hosting a Hegel event this Wed night and plan on more of those according to Jon.

How do you rank your receivers? That is a nice list in your sig.

I'm on the upper eastern shore of Maryland and would be interested in meeting some members or a swap:beerchug:

How do you rank your receivers? That is a nice list in your sig.

Thanks for the clarification re get-together and for the kind words about the fruits of my addiction.

Right now, the Pioneer probably ranks first. I recently had it recapped and was blown away by how it sounds.

Gong to have to Google some of the units in your sig as I'm not familiar with them.

Hi, I am in Westminster, MD, do not post here, but the guys at Command are nice, looked at some gear there and bought a Cary preamp
when they were in the house, did go by the new store it is nice did by a lp to support them when I was there, interested in a get together
I have some new NC500 Ncore mono amps that are easy to transport if some one would like to hear them

Herndon here, Falls Church native and I've know Brett for years, coincidentally just met Corey at Music Tech and will be taking him an analog console to freshen up. We've done a number of get togethers large and small over the years, all were fun. Where were you guys when I was selling my 4435s? Some poor guy from NC had to drive up and get 'em.

Now that the cooler months are here, I'm spending some quality audio time, let's do it!

Paul

Fairfax here. Met a lot of fine folks here and made some friends at the AK get-togethers at Jim and Rick's houses. Can't forget James (Similost), who got the ball rolling for getting us together years back.
Finding good stuff and good deals on CL around here is about two percent of what it was just 7 or 8 years ago. I've got tons of stuff that I'll give away eventually.

I'm in Bethesda. busy with little kids and a hectic schedule, certainly down to try meet up....

I got smart.. I moved from the Rght Virginia to the Left one... and it's a lot nicer here :D

OK.. in ways :crazy:

Fairfax here. Met a lot of fine folks here and made some friends at the AK get-togethers at Jim and Rick's houses. Can't forget James (Similost), who got the ball rolling for getting us together years back.
Finding good stuff and good deals on CL around here is about two percent of what it was just 7 or 8 years ago. I've got tons of stuff that I'll give away eventually.

Thank you Rick for noting I got it going... :D Man was that some time ago.... Still a lot of great friends that we all met from that first get together...

Back
Top Bottom