• Roger Waters

Votes: 49 12.8%
  • I don't like Pink Floyd!

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Who's Pink Floyd?

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Undecided, I like both Equally

Votes: 75 19.5%
  • What's Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett?

Votes: 30 7.8%

• Total voters
I saw them in their 1987 tour (brendan byrne arena - anyone else there?). Really enjoyed it, but the later albums didn't hold a candle to the classic four (Dark Side, Wish, Animals, Wall).

i missed the Germany one ..friend took a double Decker bus there / got it back too just about ...
loved the quad sound and the amp stacks ...

The combination of Waters lyrics and Gilmour's musicality is what got me hooked. After the split Pink Floyd (Gilmour Wright Mason) way better than Roger Waters solo. Saw Pink Floyd in the late 80's Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. Best concert experience ever. I vote Gilmour but I think without Waters we wouldn't even have this discussion.

The combination of Waters lyrics and Gilmour's musicality is what got me hooked. After the split Pink Floyd (Gilmour Wright Mason) way better than Roger Waters solo. Saw Pink Floyd in the late 80's Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. Best concert experience ever. I vote Gilmour but I think without Waters we wouldn't even have this discussion.
Agreed, it took the combination of all and especially Gilmour / Waters, but Gilmour was able to carry it on and I also agree his solo stuff is better than Waters.

I saw the Gilmour Pink Floyd at the Rosebowl in SoCal, 1994. It was the Division Bell Tour, but they played all their old stuff. I've been to 100's of concerts. This was Hands-Down the best concert I've ever seen.

I whole-heartedly agree that the best Pink Floyd was when Gilmour and Waters were equal driving forces in the band.

That said, for me it's no contest at all: I prefer both the Gilmour led PF and "solo" Gilmour albums to "Final Cut" and Roger Waters solo albums, exponentially. FC is a very weak album. I almost never play it. I play Momentary Lapse and Division Bell quite frequently. Both are excellent.

I saw Gilmour's tour this year - the guy still has it, big time. It was a fantastic show.

Back
Top Bottom