What Is The Worst Record You have Ever Heard?

OMG - wasn't it you and noogies who shut down a Nugent fan thread cuz of your politics?
I dont recall shutting down a Nugent thread, but I do think the guy is now a deliberate asshole with his intentionally provocative public commentary, whatever he was back when. I don't know what that has to do with Joni Mitchell.
Regardless, Great White Buffalo is the best I recall hearing from him. Other have their own greatest hits faves.
Note that I did not say that my only TN album, CSF, is the worst record I own, I just never played it more than once.

Did a websearch to refresh memory stack, wasn't me or noogs that shut it down. Someone else came up with the closing zinger.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/best-ted-nugent-song.531146/page-10

Last edited:
Did a websearch to refresh memory stack, wasn't me or noogs that shut it down. Someone else came up with the closing zinger.
I just checked too - that thread has been so heavily pruned it's really difficult to do any forensics on it. I'm just going by memory. I love you guys - don't get me wrong. :D

Heart
Worst recording I ever heard form a quality of recording standpoint! DO Not play this on good equipment!
Regards,
Jim

51G0LJvSEOL._SS500.jpg

Among albums I could potentially have liked, probably Soundgarden's Louder Than Love.

It's probably not the most consistently bad music, I just hate it for a few different reasons.

I don't think I've listened to it in 10 years. Maybe I should put it on some time soon.

When I first bought that (god, way back in '89) I too hated it. Slowly it grew on me. Now, I love that album start to finish. Revisit it, perhaps you'll have my epiphany. Perhaps not.

Tori Amos, Boys for Pele
I got it at a swap meet. Couldn't even finish listening to it once.
Is all her stuff this bad?

I've bought every single cd of her stuff. Have yet to tolerate more than a few minutes of any of it. She goes off the melodic rails rather quickly. I've tried, tho. Not for me.

I think between my wife and I, we bought about eight of her CDs. Out of all that, only two of her songs entered my lexicon. That's not a very good ratio.

I don't hate that album by any stretch but I'm pretty sure the producer's goal was to make the most over-produced album EVER!

Heart
Worst recording I ever heard form a quality of recording standpoint! DO Not play this on good equipment!
Regards,
Jim

Crash Test Dummies - Give Yourself a Hand.
Bought it for Keep a Lid on Things. The rest of the album: :thumbsdown:

I don't hate that album by any stretch but I'm pretty sure the producer's goal was to make the most over-produced album EVER!

I'm sorry, but that was the most disappointing piece of vinyl I ever dropped a needle on. I will replay it tomorrow to make sure I was not mistaken, but by memory the compression applied was intolerable and I never made past side 1!
Regards,
Jim

Compression was definitely abused but I enjoy some of the songs or at least I did when it was new. Haven't listened through it as an album for probably 10 or 15 years.

Anyone remember Screaming Lord Such, or an evening with Wild Man Fischer?
I'm aware of them, but life is so short.

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure Screaming Lord Sutch was in a band with Ritchie Blackmore, before he got his political career off the ground (Monster Raving Loony Party)

Last edited:
The Beatles - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 1964.
A gazillion non-stop screaming teenaged girls. It will make your ears bleed.

Back
Top Bottom