Tekton Owners Thread

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update the form on my recent visit to Eric's lab last week. I went with a buddy of mine to check out the shop and Eric was more than accommodating in letting us audition a pair of double Impact speakers. He's a busy guy but made the time to show us around and let us listen to a few tracks from a couple of CD's we picked up and 2 selections from his personal stash. They did not disappoint! The acoustics of the room somewhat limit their sound stage but thats to be expected in an industrial setting. He also had a new Brisance Sub and Cinema Sub there but we unfortunately werent able to hear them. Certainly a couple of statement pieces, they are massive! I'm hoping to put an order in for a 5.1.2 pretty soon but still need to decide on a paint. Eric had a couple specialty Pendragon's he built for a client in a Ferrari Grey that were stunning and are throwing a wrench into the works for me as I was originally set on a House of Kolor Brandywine metallic paint. Nice problem to have I guess.
Wanted to hear from the forum if you guys had any exposure to the Brisnace or cinema Sub? My listening space is roughly 15'x20' and I think either will be sufficient, if not over kill. The brisance is intriguing as it incorporates Eric's new patent. Let me know what you think. Pumped to have this set up at home soon.

Well guys. Add me to the long list of Tekton owners. I just picked up a pair of used Pendragons yesterday. Sitting here right now listening to Eva Cassidy drinking some coffee with a big smile on my face.

Hey guys, I thought I'd share a pic of the Double Impacts in our library. There is a couple of feet of available space to the right of the right speaker. However, due to the room shape and furniture, I felt there would be too much reflection off the front wall and record cabinet, so I tried to center the speakers to minimize those potential issues. They sound excellent, but would obviously benefit
from a larger room! :)

IMG_0020.JPG

Is that a cat on audio gear?
Actually, it's a cat on an ottoman. He's well behaved, but I still have the fireplace covers in front of the bottom half of the speakers, just in case! Also, that's why the fake plant is on top of the preamp, as he likes warm places...:D

Well guys. Add me to the long list of Tekton owners. I just picked up a pair of used Pendragons yesterday. Sitting here right now listening to Eva Cassidy drinking some coffee with a big smile on my face.

Congrats! I've had my used pair a little over a month. Here's to having affordable full range speakers. They've even made me think of ordering a new pair so that I can get some nice paint on them.

Congrats! I've had my used pair a little over a month. Here's to having affordable full range speakers. They've even made me think of ordering a new pair so that I can get some nice paint on them.

Yeah got some more listening time in tonight and I am thoroughly, I mean thoroughly impressed! Live them. 2 wattached of SET amp power is all these things need. Got them to really open up tonight.

Glad to hear positive things from new Tekton owners. I've had mine for about a month now. I was listening to Cat Stevens Mona Bone Jakon, last night, and was, again, blown away by the sound the DI's put out. Vocals are pinpoint in the imaging and very clear and natural sounding, Up next was CSN by CSN (Crosby Stills & Nash), Again, great imaging on the vocals! And it's not just the vocals as everything really stands out on these Tektons. I even have a few 128 MP3's that sound good on these speakers.

Hey guys, I thought I'd share a pic of the Double Impacts in our library. There is a couple of feet of available space to the right of the right speaker. However, due to the room shape and furniture, I felt there would be too much reflection off the front wall and record cabinet, so I tried to center the speakers to minimize those potential issues. They sound excellent, but would obviously benefit
from a larger room! :)

View attachment 868205
Great pic,MGB,They look fantastic, whatcha got on that stand under the Emotiva ?

20170209_135505.jpg View attachment 869560 View attachment 869560 I've had all three of the OB models. I sold the OB6.5s a few years ago. Those were my first experience with any type of open baffle design and after speaking with Eric, I had him add a tweeter. Of course I had sellers remorse and shortly after, Eric stopped producing them. Fast forward to February of 2016 when I scored a mint pair of OB4.5s with cherry veneer finish for a very reasonable price. The magic was back! After having those in the herd again I knew I had to try the new OB offering and ordered the Sigmas. Well, it's hardly a fair comparison given the size and driver/component differences, but they do everything the smaller siblings do ×10. I also have a pair of Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris speakers and between them, I am completely satisfied with speakers for some time to come.

Attachments

• 20170203_102512.jpg
    20170203_102512.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Great pic,MGB,They look fantastic, whatcha got on that stand under the Emotiva ?
Thanks, Dylster! Below the Emotiva XSP-1 is an Onkyo C-S5VL SACD/CD player, Music Hall DAC 25.3, Squeezebox Touch & a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L G2 monoblocks. I tried a couple of tube preamps (ASL MG OTL 32 DT & Odyssey Audio Candela), but both had unacceptably high noise floors with these highly efficient speakers. I think I'll need to replace the tubes in both units...

View attachment 869557 View attachment 869560 View attachment 869560 I've had all three of the OB models. I sold the OB6.5s a few years ago. Those were my first experience with any type of open baffle design and after speaking with Eric, I had him add a tweeter. Of course I had sellers remorse and shortly after, Eric stopped producing them. Fast forward to February of 2016 when I scored a mint pair of OB4.5s with cherry veneer finish for a very reasonable price. The magic was back! After having those in the herd again I knew I had to try the new OB offering and ordered the Sigmas. Well, it's hardly a fair comparison given the size and driver/component differences, but they do everything the smaller siblings do ×10. I also have a pair of Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris speakers and between them, I am completely satisfied with speakers for some time to come.

Really cool. I've always wanted to try OB speakers but have never really had the room for them, although now there's a slight chance they could work in my space if i ever get tire of my Lores.

Really cool. I've always wanted to try OB speakers but have never really had the room for them, although now there's a slight chance they could work in my space if i ever get tire of my Lores.

You may be surprised at how well they perform in smaller spaces. The Sigmas are in my living room and sound awesome, whereas the Hawthornes didn't like the room configuration. I actually have them crammed in a small space and they sound unbelievably good. I was considering the Lore Reference when I bought the Hawthornes from a guy I've been buying kit from for several years. Ironically, he recently purchased the Reference model. I have heard them and would be happy to have a pair of those as well.

You may be surprised at how well they perform in smaller spaces. The Sigmas are in my living room and sound awesome, whereas the Hawthornes didn't like the room configuration. I actually have them crammed in a small space and they sound unbelievably good. I was considering the Lore Reference when I bought the Hawthornes from a guy I've been buying kit from for several years. Ironically, he recently purchased the Reference model. I have heard them and would be happy to have a pair of those as well.

Yeah I'm really enjoying the Reference so far, especially for the price! The two issues i have with OB's are usually the physical width and distance from the front wall, unfortunately I have a doorway close by so speakers that are too wide are not ideal and I think the furthest they would be from the front wall would be 2', maybe 3' during 'listening sessions', is that enough space for them?

Tw
Yeah I'm really enjoying the Reference so far, especially for the price! The two issues i have with OB's are usually the physical width and distance from the front wall, unfortunately I have a doorway close by so speakers that are too wide are not ideal and I think the furthest they would be from the front wall would be 2', maybe 3' during 'listening sessions', is that enough space for them?
Two feet from the rear wall is probably too close. Three would be good, four even better. I actually just moved the Hawthornes closer to the side walls to widen the soundstage in my small space and it made an improvement, so I think side walls are not as critical. I was running the 4.5s in this space right in the middle of the room, and when you stood behind them you would swear the sound was coming from the other end. 20170216_120041.jpg

Tw

Two feet from the rear wall is probably too close. Three would be good, four even better. I actually just moved the Hawthornes closer to the side walls to widen the soundstage in my small space and it made an improvement, so I think side walls are not as critical. I was running the 4.5s in this space right in the middle of the room, and when you stood behind them you would swear the sound was coming from the other end. View attachment 870045

Wow that is a small space! Btw, any chance you could snap more pics of the Sigma's? like side and back views? thanks

Back
Top Bottom