The members have spoken! The AK Member of the Year, for 2016 is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
... to be posted in just a bit.

I want to thank everyone who participated in this year's nomination process. I received many emails, often relating tales of the nominee's good character and kindness to others. Here is the list of all the nominees, in alphabetical order:

4-2-7
62caddy
Avionic
Audiodon
bobsvinyl
dcgillespie
EchoWars
GD70
GordonW
GPS16
HarmanKardon
Hyperion
ilikevinyl
jed69
Larrryderouin
marcmorin
Markn2wae
mech986
mhardy6647
Mister Pig
mulester7
Musichal
Ohioway
OnTheBlitz
onwardjames
Paul Taplin
Steven Tate
Toasted Almond
Tom Brennan

This year's list recognizes some past winners, some perennial nominees, and some members making their first appearance on the list. AK stalwarts, all. I would call your attention to two of our group, who have departed from this mortal coil. Toasted Almond and mulester7 both were remembered by our voters. The memories of them for a blessing. Thank you all, for your contributions to our community.

This year was an interesting race. There were a few standouts in the selection process. Dave Gillespie, dcgillespie, was cited by many. Ronnie, mulester7, also made a race of it. All of the candidates have been recognized for all that you bring to our community. This year's race had an early front-runner, stretching out to a sizable lead. In the middle, several others, including the two fine men above, tightened up the pack. Down the home stretch, however, one member pulled away from all the others.

I will keep you waiting no longer. The Audiokarma Member of the Year, for 2016 is:

Christoph Katz

HarmanKardon

Congratulations, Chris. I read many messages which spoke of your kindness and good nature, your enthusiasm, and willingness to step in, when you saw a need. Your diligence in the Birthday threads impressed many, including me. Thank you for all you bring to our humble group. You, sir, represent the best of the best, and are truly the kind of person whom we aspire to be. Thank you.

Last edited:
Chris is the heart of AK. He is always there with words of encouragement and kindness. Add the fact that he is learning a second language while doing this makes it quite an accomplishment. A well deserved congratulations to you, HK. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Chris is the heart of AK. He is always there with words of encouragement and kindness. Add to this that he is learning a second language while doing this is quite an accomplishment. A well deserved congratulations to you, HK. :beerchug:

Excellently put from another member worthy of the title. Hats off to you, bobsvinyl, and congrats to Chris.

I voted for ya, Chris. You deserve it.

Now, get thee to a biergarten, and have a big stein of that famous German brew!!!

It's funny how something as small as a "happy birthday" meant to me. I felt honored that people took the time to say it to me and with out Chris that doesn't happen. Glad to see he gets some recognition for taking time out of his day to brighten peoples days

Congrats Chris! Well deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom