Replacement Transistor has different pinout: 2SA706 vs BD14016

GW Hayduke

Hey guys,

I'm replacing a 2SA706 with a BD14016 in my Sony TA-1055. I believe the pinout for the is E-B-C, and the BD140 is E-C-B.

Stupid question, but to install the BD140, do is simply put the BD's base pin in the slot formerly occupied by the Sony's base pin? If so, is it difficult to "bend" the base of the new transistor to fit the center slot in the board, given that the BD's base is on one of the outside legs?

Clear as mud, right?!?

Yes....I think. You can of course bend the legs to match the pinout, but be careful that they don't touch. You can insulate the legs with very small tubing if you have it.

Also if you can get it Teflon tubing works great. The size of the tubing is just bigger than the size of the leads of the transistors. Plus no worry about heat damage like shrink tubing.

Also if you can get it Teflon tubing works great. The size of the tubing is just bigger than the size of the leads of the transistors. Plus no worry about heat damage like shrink tubing.

I had to be extra careful when applying heat to the heat shrink tubing to avoid damaging the semiconductor. Methods like @NAD80 describes that don't risk the device would be better than mine.

Back
Top Bottom