fave klipsch heritage line speaks

klipschhorns,

i once sold 532 cds and 221 laserdiscs to purchase a set of klipschorns. i, unfortunantly was persuaded otherwise after the sale of my beloved and prized media .(

it is not love that makes me do crazy things...

I have also had them all and still have the Khorns with upgraded xovers and a pair of Forte II's. Probably will never sell the Khorns as my wife really likes them.

Heresy I with a pair of 12"subs for bottom octave reinforcement, used as stands they raise the Heresy to the optimal listening elevation. With this setup the Heresy truly becomes full range, and then some.

20151116_191359.jpg

Cornwall's and a recently acquired set of Heresy IIs. Had been listening to the Heresey with a Klipsch sub for about two weeks and thought, "this set up would give the Cornwall's a good run". Played the Cornwall's this evening for about an hour, I don't think that anymore.

Like hugo454, Cornwalls with Heresys on top, (both series 1) inverted and angled down slightly to point the tweeter at my melon. This was done as an experiment to see if I could save some floor space, with the expectation that performance might suffer. Much to my surprise, if it sounds any worse, I can't tell. As far as the directionality of the sound, it sounds like it's coming from the same place regardless of which pair are playing. It's nice to have your expectations exceeded once in a while.

my room mate one year had cornwalls in college. They were my favorite then. If I were down sizing to a small system the Cornwall would be the corner stone of the system. Multi disc player, TT , and integrated amp, with parametric EQ.

Heresy, but only after heavy mods (with 3/4 MDF) to eliminate cabinet and mid-range resonances, and replacement of shit caps in crossovers with either Hyrels or Vit. Qs, they can sound awfully good,especially on 2A3s, and EL84s strapped.

Heresy, but only after heavy mods (with 3/4 MDF) to eliminate cabinet and mid-range resonances, and replacement of shit caps in crossovers with either Hyrels or Vit. Qs, they can sound awfully good,especially on 2A3s, and EL84s strapped.

OK, I have to ask. What is "strapped"?

It means something completely different where I come from. It means you are carrying a firearm.

OK, I have to ask. What is "strapped"?

It means something completely different where I come from. It means you are carrying a firearm.

I'm usually that too, we got open or concealed here in KS, no permits. I was talking about the EL84 output tube being strapped as a triode and running single ended. It kills all the squawk from the squawker that way. :) Here ya go, I stole this somewhere.
Triode-strapped Pentode Circuits
A pentode (or, less commonly, a tetrode) can have its screen grid (grid 2) connected to the anode (plate) and the resulting "triode-strapped" (or "triode-connected") device has characteristics very similar to a triode (lower anode resistance, lower noise, more drive voltage required). This is sometimes provided as an option in audiophile pentode amplifier circuits, to give the sought-after "sonic qualities" of a triode power amplifier. There are situations where this arrangement is unsafe, for example when doing so (without a series resistor) could exceed the screen grid's power or voltage rating, but remains a valuable option due to the difficulty in obtaining good modern power triodes.

Hey, I learned something. That's always a good thing. Wonder if my Jolida can be so modified? Probably with enough work anything can be done.

I have a couple guitar amps with triode-pentode switches. Don't know if it's the same technology or not. Definitely lower output and less power-tube drive. But, we like power-tube distortion in guitar amps, very different from an audio reproduction application.

I'm licensed CCW permit holder in Ohio. If it's cold enough, a 1911. Otherwise a S&W Shield. An LCP in an ankle holster, and of course a knife, flashlight, and...I'm not paranoid or anything.

Cornwall III walnut. Bought new in 2011 and still today I'm surprised how well they reproduce especially with good recordings. Matched with SS.

Back
Top Bottom