100_5265.JPG

Her older brother, Deuce:

Deuce_001.jpg

Country cousin, AJ-220:

AJ220.jpg

Squier Standard Stratocaster:

Squier_Strat.jpg
Good stuff!!

Your '68 SG looks great in those pics. It's a keeper!!
My 69 SG Standard was worked over by PRS himself some years ago, when he was living "paycheck to paycheck" in Annapolis. My props to him - he sweated over the frets. Many thanks to him as my SG remains sweet.

That's pretty cool! :) And yeah, I think my '68 looks pretty sweet too. ;)

Yeah, I really like the stripped-down look of the Tribute model. All the appointments are everything it needs, and lacks everything it doesn't in order to look and play like a killer Les Paul. I want one real bad. But no, the Studio line is still a part of the current Les Paul lineup and doing well. In fact, I think it is still Gibson's #1 selling Les Paul model. However, a few years back Gibson came out with the Les Paul "Tribute" line of guitars as an entry level model below the Les Paul Studio and just above the Les Paul Faded series. The Tribute series is essentially a vintage-inspired, stripped-down version of the Les Paul, and has been offered in "50's", "60's", and "70's" iterations with humbuckers, P-90's, and even mini-humbuckers in them in the past, depending on the model, but Gibson has simplified things with just one humbucker-loaded Tribute model this year. However, I have heard that Gibson has really knocked it out of the park for 2017 with this series (some very welcome cosmetic and hardware changes were made over the past Tribute series), and apparently the workmanship is very good on them as well. And the kicker? They are going for $899 US!!! :eek::eek::eek: Talk about a deal, huh??? :D If you read my subsequent posts about it, you'll learn how good some of the specs and hardware are on it, especially considering the price. The reviews seem to be very positive for it as well. I'd love to own one.

Hey, no problem! Rock on, man! :rockon:
Thanks for the up-to-date Gibson info. And might I add - you're a very good writer! There are so few of us...:cool::D

These are some of my guitars. My main one is the orange Gretsch 6120. The red one is a Tennessee Special and comes in a close 2nd to the 6120. The Country Gentleman is a 1978 I have had for about 10 years now and is in very good condition but I am just saving it, don't play it much at all. I also have a newer 2005 Gent shown in it's case. I don't have a pic of it that I took, this is from the auction pic. I also have an Epiphone Elite Les Paul that I bought this summer along with the Fender Blues Deluxe in the photo. I have a matching Epi Elitist 335 in tobacco sunburst I don't have a pic of, they make a nice pair! I apologize for the blurry Epi pic! Since I am at work I can't show the others but will try to get them posted later as well.

Gretsch-Gear_02.jpg

Gent1.jpg

Gent1_2005.jpg

Gretsch-Gear_12sml.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

I also have a 96 Japanese Strat with fat 50's pickups that sounds killer, an Alvarez Artist electric/acoustic, an Oscar Schmidt OE40 jazz box and a couple other ones that are sentimental to me as they were purchased to replace ones that got away my parents bought for me as a kid in the 60s'. I do still have a Japanese Rickenbacker copy my parents bought for me for Christmas in 1967 and it looks great still but the neck has twisted on it from laying under my bed for 40 years!:sigh:

Wow! The first thought that came to me was "tone." Beautiful. Back in the early 70s I had a Gretsch Tennessean - bought used, but it was excellent.

Last edited:
I haven't been on this forum in quite a while, so here is a quick update on some gear.
I was going to make a Steinberger style headless, but changed my mind and ended up with this:

Then a Jazzmaster out of the same plank of Sapele:

Next a Music Man style with a Korina back and flame maple top:

And finally, a trade possibility came up, I offered and he accepted. I traded a PRS CE24 for a PRS NF3 Korina. These narrowfield pickups sound really good, and it's a strat killer with all the in between tones and no single coil noise!

QUOTE="x_25, post: 2253093, member: 30723"]This is the guitar I am working on fixing at the moment. Don't know much about it. It seems to be from the mid 60's and made in Japan. I also have a Fender Squire Strat. Nothing special, but then again, I am a drummer and not a guitarist. :D

dscf5781mr9.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You're a musician, and one more versatile than me, since I can't play drums. More power to you mate.

My first foray into the world of electric guitars.

IMG_1024.JPG

A modern reproduction of the '66 Epiphone Wilshire with Tremotone and a portable Pignose amp. Went into the store looking for an archtop hollowbody and walked out with this little beauty. It does have an agravating fret buzz on the E string so I'm going to bring it back in to have it set up properly. Hopefully they can remedy that.

I haven't been on this forum in quite a while, so here is a quick update on some gear.
I was going to make a Steinberger style headless, but changed my mind and ended up with this:

Then a Jazzmaster out of the same plank of Sapele:

Next a Music Man style with a Korina back and flame maple top:

And finally, a trade possibility came up, I offered and he accepted. I traded a PRS CE24 for a PRS NF3 Korina. These narrowfield pickups sound really good, and it's a strat killer with all the in between tones and no single coil noise!

The Jazzmaster looks fantastic! What a wonderful hunk of wood. May I ask your process and materials to finish?

Back
Top Bottom