What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

judas-priest-unleashed-in-the-east.jpg

Had some fun with this album today at the office . A number came up on the phone that I did not know , so I put the speakerphone on and cranked the Priest ! At the end of Green Manalishi in my best Hulk Hogan/DJ voice I yelled , "You are listening to Caller ID Radio and this is Judas Priest Unleashed in the East ! ". They must have enjoyed it , they stayed on the line for over a minute . And he called back ! What a hoot !

Spent the last couple hours in the Habitat ReStore going through the record bin. I found several surprises, many of which I had to pass over due to funds available. I will be back. Anyway, there were many pristine classical albums on such labels as Columbia Masterworks, Mercury Wing, Angel, RCA Red Seal, and even a few Deutchegramofon (sp). But the biggest surprise was there were many from The Musical Heritage Society. I picked up ten LPs and four CDs.

Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 2/Rhapsody on a theme by Paganini--Columbia
Borodin/ Rimsky-Korsakov --Mercury
Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3--Angel
Rachmaninoff also Concerto No.2 Van Cliburn--Red Seal
Schubert "Trout" quintet--Turnabout
Ravel Two concerti for piano--Heritage
Franck symphonic variations--Heritage
Schumann Scenes from Childhood/Mendelssohn six children's pieces/ Tchaikowsky albun for children--Heritage
All in pristine condition. They appear to have been washed at some point. I will clean them up and check them later.
Now for the real gem.
Eddie Gomez/ John Abercrombie/ Jack DeJohnette/ Lester Bowie--New Directions
On CD
Clannad
Bruce Cockburn-Inner City Front
Al De Meola- The Essence Of
and for Ethan, Phil Keaggy/ Wes King/ Scott Dente-Invention
All for the paltry sum of $15!

image.jpeg Had my supper break. My wife is out volunteering again, so I can play some weirder stuff. This is an older cassette in one of those unusual open sided containers, yet still has a pretty good sound. It has no pressure pad, so I have to use my nakamichi which lifts the tapes. I suppose I could put a new pad on it, but then why have the nak? Oh that's right...because it's so good. Answered my own question. Bongo Fury with Zappa, the Mothers and Captain Beefheart.

Back
Top Bottom