What is this and is it worth $75?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am learning here, never tried tubes. I am a SS guy. What is it worth?

Last edited:
Maybe a Webster with 2A3s? If you were to pull the trigger, you would be on the hunt for a second as well as really efficient speakers, could be a slippery slope but it is pretty...

Maybe a Webster with 2A3s? If you were to pull the trigger, you would be on the hunt for a second as well as really efficient speakers, could be a slippery slope but it is pretty...

RCA Webster 2A3. Thank you. I found one that sold on Ebay for $319. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-Vintage-RCA-Webster-2A3-pp-mono-triode-tube-amplifier-/112311684847?hash=item1a264c4eef:g:HS0AAOSwOgdYrO7x&nma=true&si=KwhnjdOSCitCYrVZkPRLd9ib%2Fzo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yah if even one of those output tubes tests good you've easily made your money back. 75 is a no brainer...

The guy said he bought it at a auction. Had to replace a tube. No takers at $125, offered it for $75.

How do I get maximum value out of it?

A pair of good testing 2a3 tubes are worth easily double that price and if they are single plate 2a3s (which they kind of look like) and test good then they could be worth more than quadruple or more than the 75 bucks. Good luck :D

One of the first things you do is stop powering it until it's been checked out, or unless you know its been updated ready (caps checked, replaced, etc.)

And, while usually not a problem if there is no signal being put through, running a tube amp without a load generally isn't recommended.

Someone has replaced four elecrolytic caps that i can see and at leased one film cap. Looks to be ready to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom