Hello, new here. 17 year old from ohio beginner

luke46

I am on the console stereo group on facebook, they recommended this forum, and wow so much knowledgable and intelligent people here
I am a as they call it "young un". 17 years old. Been into electronics as long as I can remember and been record collecting and into hi fi stereo since two months before I turned 16. Got my first record player in July of 2015 and it all went downhill from there (as they would say on intervention thats how it started)
Into a variety of music basically anything from the 60s to now. Love 80s music (much to the chargin of my father, who ironically was a teenager in the 80s) and anything really except for trap.
Hope to get some help as I have a zenith console in need of help that I will post a thread about. Hope to get to know all of ya, and well hopefully all you old chaps don't have the urge to yell to get off my lawn (lol)
Anyway, hope to get more knowledge and better my skills

Welcome aboard. No "get off my lawn" from this part of the world. It's good to see interest from the younger set. I planted a vintage Realistic amplifier and a couple of Martin Logan speakers in my 14 year old son's bedroom in an attempt to kick start the audio craze in the next generation. Seems to be working, judging by the noise that often comes from within.

WELCOME TO AK!

Listen much, be clear with any questions, and you'll do just fine. Good to have you aboard.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I posted a thread about it a hour ago in tube audio, umm what section does console stereos belong in? Sorry I feel like I'm in a new store trying to find the aisles lol

Welcome Luke! I'm pleased to see a younger person with an interest in audio. A recent AK poll showed the average member to be closer to my age (64) than yours. You will discover a wealth of knowledge here and folks who are willing to share it. Enjoy the music and the gear that plays it. :thumbsup:

And yes, you posted your console thread in the right forum.

Last edited:
Thank you all everyone. I appreciate it. I am in the cincinnati area, aka the Queen City. I am looking for someone to completely restore my zenith. I would do it myself except I don't have any electronic experience what so ever. I unfortunateky discovered the hard way there is a bad line to chassis cap so I am letting it stay unplugged.

Thank you all everyone. I appreciate it. I am in the cincinnati area, aka the Queen City. I am looking for someone to completely restore my zenith. I would do it myself except I don't have any electronic experience what so ever. I unfortunateky discovered the hard way there is a bad line to chassis cap so I am letting it stay unplugged.
Welcome Luke! (from another Queen City resident). The most convenient place would be a shop in Mount Lookout that could do it for you. You would be best off pulling the amp and preamp from the unit to bring for service. If you are handy you could probably clean and lube the turntable yourself. If I can offer any help/information feel free to shoot me a message.

Thank you so much. I think I'll definitely shoot a message. Yup I'm pretty sure that's what's gonna happen. Not sure of how to get the radio chassis off. Anyway I can bring him the entire cabinet?

Back
Top Bottom