Albums where EVERY song is good

Wow interesting thread with a lot of good albums I have written down to check out. I must say it is a bit diverse, while leaning towards rock. The original idea is a tuff one, I almost lean towards what I play most. But for the sake of the original poster I do have a couple of repeats. I like them for there content and, and also for the quality of sound they give when listening through a good stereo system. So here goes:

Steely Dan - Aja definitely all good songs
Sade - Promise always listen to this on my record player late a night with a good glass of wine - simply transforming
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold - Investigation on my system is unbelievable
Just my two cents

A bit back I picked up a Robert Gordon LP, "Bad Boy" which from my POV kinda fits the criteria of this thread. Up until this record, I had only heard him do RAB.

Every song had its merits for either effort by this singer or by the different arrangements that were offered in each tune. Each composition had a different "flavour" for the ear.

I did up a write up on just side A in the "rockabilly" play list, but one member shared with me that he does other genres as well. After listening to this album I tend to agree.

So if you get the chance or see this LP, grab it! It's worth the buy, eh?

Q

Rush - 2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures (and others…OK, all of them. I'm an unashamed fanboy)
Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene, Equinoxe, En Attendant Cousteau
Yes - Going For The One, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Union
Boston - Third Stage
Rick Wakeman - Journey to the centre of the earth, Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Sky - Mozart
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, Tusk
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire
Karl Jenkins - Stabat Mater, The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace
Deep Purple - Deep Purple in Rock

I didn't read through all 17 paged, but in my opinion any and all of the Joy Division albums are amazing.

To me, listening to an album is not so much a matter of listening to individual songs on the album-usually. Listening to an album is sorta like going on a journey, and each song is a part of the journey.
Just about any Moody Blues or Eagles. John Denver's "Aerie" "Poems, Prayers, Promises" "Rocky Mountain High" Bee Gees "Trafalgar" "Odessa" "Life in a Tin Can" "To Whom it May Concern" And let us definitely not leave out Shawn Phillips "Faces" album.

Last edited:
diana krall-girl in the other room-all good but especially-temptation-a tom waits tune performed here batter than the version by holly cole, which isn't bad by any stretch.

69b2dbee.jpg

Kurt Vile- Wakin on a pretty daze.

Every song a winner, his follow up was good but not as good as this. I'll usually throw it on twice and never skip.

Back
Top Bottom