Southern California Registry

johnblue

There doesn't seem to be a large West Coast presence here on Audiokarma, so maybe we can start to get to know each other. It seems to help others trade and collect.

I am available In Los Angeles to help you out if you need some love over here...:)

Please just put tour name, city and general audio interests... Like this...

With my screen name, SFV, South of the Blvd. Tubes, modern and vintage SS, and more.

There is an AK member I have been trading messages who resides in the Inland Empire. From what he is telling me, he has one of the best monster receiver collections. I'll let him answer the roll call.

Toddalin

North Tustin area. I have been looking for a local group and the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society (largest audio club in world with >2,100 members) events are usually further into LA than I want to travel and always at some dealer.

My living room is set up as a home entertainment room with modified JBL L200/300s as L,C,R and JBL 10" with 2425 compression drivers on butt cheeks for rear and front presence. To add bottom, a JBL W15GTi/Crown PSA-2XH and a Sunfire Signiture sub fill in the gap and can shake the house. Yamaha RX-Z9 receiver (170 WPC) and SACD/DVD-Audio provide sounds.

Just finished wiring the room (16' x 26' x 7.5'-15' sloped ceiling) up to demo three pair of speakers with level matching and A/B/X comparison.

Dale
Pasadena

Love all types of gear related to accurate audio reproduction...

Marantz Model 1 copy (stereo config) by John Miller, McIntosh MC30's, McIntosh MC225, Dennis Had 2A3 SET, Dennis Had EL84 SET, SAE Mark XXVII, Scott Nixon 40w mono blocks, Altec 414A/EVT35 speakers, Wavetouch Audio Grand Tetons, Shure SE-1 phono preamp, Russco Studio Pro-B, Thorens TD 320 MKI, Auralic Aries Mini, Squeezebox Touch

Tim
Wildomar, CA (Temecula Valley)
My main system in the media room is fairly modern but love vintage HiFi restoration projects.
I aquired some vintage pieces for restoration and would like to start building a 2 channel system:
Speakers: EV Sentry V - Acoustic Research AR-4x
Pre amp: HK Citation 11
TTs: Yamaha YP-D4 and YP-B2 - Philips GA 212 and 312
The plan is to restore them, try them out, and sell them on if I don't like them. That's how it's done right?
Just fished a complete resto on a Kenwood KR-9600 for a friend of mine.

I also work on guitar and bass amps and pro audio gear, both tube and SS.

I'm not from southern California but you guys appear to be the closest thing to Sacramento. I'm currently trying to get a Fisher 800B receiver and a Futura Modern IV console up and running and would like to know who out here would be good for doing the work. I've had years of Dynaco collecting but I'm seriously thinking of divesting myself of my gear as I'm feeling a need to downsize. Many thanks for any help I can get.

Bill Peloquin Central Valley
I have been spending money on HiFi since 1974.
First system was:
JBL L100
Crown PreAmp
SAE Power Amp
Thorens
Shure V-15 Type 3
DBX noise reduction
TEAC Open Reel

Today I have:
B&W 804 matrix
Classe CP-60
Wyred4sound ST500 mark II
VPI Classic 1
Dynavector 20x2
Ortofon 2M black
Musical Surroundings Phono Preamp
Cambridge Audio Azure 840C

Tons of albums and CDs
not into streaming yet.

Looking to sell a Proceed HPA-2 monster amp.

John Berger
Near the Long Beach airport

Keeping good stuff alive, or bringing it back to life.

My first full-time jobs were selling increasingly higher-end equipment. I'm a long-time fan of surround media, going back to quadraphonic days and gear, and now with SACD, DVD-Audio, and dabbling in Blu-Ray surround formats. Fix and flip for fun.

Definitely SoCal here.. 15 mins away from Disneyland :D I started restoring cars years ago.. then I started restoring pre-50s radios.. I could have a lot more of those in the garage than cars.. went away from it when the kids were born and now they are teens, I'm back.. but digging into vintage audio. Current favs are Marantz and Kewood. I've my loft set up with Marantz 2226B fully restored, a Fisher DD-300 cassette deck restored and a Technics SL-D2 which plays but is scheduled for a makeover :D The bench has a Marantz 2285B on it right now, just finished a Marantz 1030 and I have a Kenwood KA-5700 lined up after the 2285B. I've got some Sony speakers which work OK but I have not decided which way to go for some good speakers. I just picked up and restored some AKG K-240 Sextett headphones for the Marantz.

Back
Top Bottom