Pictures of your computer set ups

HOLY SPOTLESS BATMAN!!! That is a beautiful set up Markot! Who makes the speakers? Love the Yamaha integrated. Love that rug too!. Everything ties in nicely. What is that chrome cylindrical thing on the floor near the left speaker stand?

HOLY SPOTLESS BATMAN!!! That is a beautiful set up Markot! Who makes the speakers? Love the Yamaha integrated. Love that rug too!. Everything ties in nicely. What is that chrome cylindrical thing on the floor near the left speaker stand?

Thank you. It's still a work in progress. Speakers are Monitor Audio MR2s.
Haha, that thing is a door stopper, to prevent doors from hitting the wall.

Here's that other end of the spectrum. My kid's computer which we were working on last night. After verfying operation on air cooling, (first picture) we're getting him outfitted with water cooling. (bottom picture) Spent yesterday evening with the heat gun bending the PETG pipes he's using.

johns 1.jpg

johns computer.jpg

O, is that a Thermaltake case? I've seen it before and it's beautiful, as is the whole assembly!

Markot, that is one HECK of a doorstop!!!!!

MJB, Yes perhaps another pic would be good. You identified components and the guitars which is good, but you failed to mention the beer! What is on top of the Vandersteen? I can't quite make it out.

Thank you both for posting!!

That beer on the desk is a Founders Dirty Bastard, It's a dangerously delicious Scotch Ale at 8.5% abv!

That beer on the desk is a Founders Dirty Bastard, It's a dangerously delicious Scotch Ale at 8.5% abv!

Yes, I recall having it and another aged in Bourbon barrels. What I also liked was one of the Jameson Irish Whiskey types doing just the opposite. They aged their whiskey in beer barrels! Super smooth!

A little something I tossed together back in April. 2017. My first shot at at totally silent computer..... . No motors, no fans..... ZERO moving parts.

View attachment 970995

View attachment 970996

View attachment 970998

For anyone who is curious, here's the parts list.

Processor: AMD Athlon 5370 APU AM1 AD5370JAHMBOX

Motherboard: ASRock Motherboard Micro AM1H-ITX

CPU cooler: ARCTIC Alpine M1 Passive - Silent CPU Cooler for AMD AM1 Socket

Laptop power supply: AC Doctor INC 19V 3.42A 65W Battery Charger for Gateway M-1628

Hard Drive: PNY 256Gb Solid State Drive

Memory: Random stick of 4Gb DDR3 that I had laying around.

Computer case: Morex T3500 Fanless Mini-ITX Enclsoure

The motherboard is a bit unique. You can use a standard power supply with it. However I chose it because alternately you can plug a 19v laptop power supply directly into it, which is how I'm using it.
You might want to look into the Asus A4110 all in one, replace the HDD (hard drive with spinning disks) with an SSD (solid state drive) and it will be completely Fanless, and tough as nails to boot *laughs* I'm going with one for my new digital Rig.

You might want to look into the Asus A4110 all in one, replace the HDD (hard drive with spinning disks) with an SSD (solid state drive) and it will be completely Fanless, and tough as nails to boot *laughs* I'm going with one for my new digital Rig.

I believe he's got that already:

Hard Drive: PNY 256Gb Solid State Drive

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFMzOlFsCRh/

Not the prettiest or most modern, but it does the job nicely. 8gb ram, i5 2500k cpu, GTX970 gpu, 250gp SSD boot drive and 1TB storage drive.

It's pretty much a glorified game console and internet browser at this point.

And SSD is just a must now. I stuck one in mine 18 months ago and it feels like a new machine, and I built this thing 6 years ago now.

Okay, got the tubing bent, system filled with coolant and up and running. Looks good except I think the reservoir deserves it's own LED or two for illumination,

For those that want to know:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k overclocked

GPU: Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition overclocked

RAM: G.skill TridentZ RGB 32Gb 3600MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus IX code

PSU: Thermaltake Tough Power DPS G RGB 850W

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb

CASE: Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Snow Edition

A repeat pic of the air cooling setup, and then the changeover to the liquid cooling.

johns 1.jpg

Pic 1.PNG

Pic 3.PNG

Pic 2.PNG

Ohighway, that rig is just beyond words!! What gear plays back the audio and displays the video?

Oh...... ha.... That rig doesn't play through any audio gear. That's my kid's system, the one I mentioned as being at the opposite end of the spectrum from my little silent computer mentioned in posts 616, 619, and 623. His is pure gaming. No speakers , but triple 24" monitors....

I do have a few systems around. My main computer system is an older AMD X4-975 based setup and it plays through a little Lepai amp, Yamaha 10" subwoofer, and some Spherex omnidirectinal speakers. (made by the same parent company who makes Energy and Mirage speakers)

My little silent rig plays through a Monsoon subwoofer / planar satellite system.

I have a computer set up with the big TV in the family room. It's another AMD X4-975 based system that I recently repackaged into a Silverstone case that looks to be a stereo component. It's about the same size and shape as a home theatre receiver. It plays through a Kenwood HT receiver through some EV Interface C speakers.

Also have another repackage, the bedroom system....... it's a AMD A6-6400k APU system that I put in a different Silverstone case, plays through a Yamaha integrated amp into Dynaco A-25. Display is a flat panel 32" tv mounted on the ceiling.

I'll try and scrounge up a few pictures.

EDIT: Oh and for my main listening system I connect to my laptop. Pretty crude setup for now but it will improve in the future.............

Last edited:
Oh...... ha.... That rig doesn't play through any audio gear. That's my kid's system, the one I mentioned as being at the opposite end of the spectrum from my little silent computer mentioned in posts 616, 619, and 623. His is pure gaming. No speakers , but triple 24" monitors....

I have a computer set up with the big TV in the family room. It's another AMD X4-975 based system that I recently repackaged into a Silverstone case that looks to be a stereo component. It's about the same size and shape as a home theatre receiver. It plays through a Kenwood HT receiver through some EV Interface C speakers.

Also have another repackage, the bedroom system....... it's a AMD A6-6400k APU system that I put in a different Silverstone case, plays through a Yamaha integrated amp into Dynaco A-25. Display is a flat panel 32" tv mounted on the ceiling.

I'll try and scrounge up a few pictures.

EDIT: Oh and for my main listening system I connect to my laptop. Pretty crude setup for now but it will improve in the future.............

You Sons set up sounds like my sons, with the triple monitors and a gigantic Cool Master case. I have told him that he could squeeze a small block Chevy engine into that case! I also have two of the Silverstone AV type cases. They look great with terrific build quality but they run out of room quickly.

Our kids as gamers don't know what they are missing. Mine has a decent sounding amplified surround system with sub, but it's one of those modern, prepackaged things, plus a couple sets of headphones. In a way I'm glad he doesn't have a big JBL / Crown system assaulting the neighborhood with immense DBs, and that's coming from someone who plays amplified drums!! In the pic, you can see one of my two Silverstone cases:

20170331_141408_zpsioti47bu.jpg

DSCN0104.JPG
iMac
AudioEngine D1
AudioEngine 2+
HiFiMan EF2A
Grado SR80e
Woo Audio 'phone stand

I realize a bit of redundancy with the two DACs. I use the AE D1 as volume control, and DAC for the AE speakers. The HiFiMAN provides volume control and DAC for the Grado's.

Back
Top Bottom