National Park Service LIFETIME Senior Guest Pass - BEFORE Aug 27!

hjames

We are all just walking each other home.
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
it IS an event, because the current charge for a National Park Service LIFETIME Senior Pass is $10 ($20 total if you apply online) and its going to raise to $80 on August 27, 2017

The Senior Pass has cost $10 ($20 if purchased online) since 1994. It gives U.S. citizens 62 and older LIFETIME admission to parks such as Yellowstone, Yosemite and Lassen.

Legislation passed by Congress in December 2016 increases the cost of the pass to $80 as of Aug. 28. Until then, the Senior Pass can be purchased for $10 at a national park that charges an entrance fee.
Order NOW if you think you want one at this amazing fee - there are DELAYS due to the unprecedented demand to get in under the wire.

All eligible Senior pass orders postmarked before August 27 will be processed at the $10 price. Lifetime Senior pass orders postmarked after August 27 will be processed at the $80 price. Additional processing fees of $10 apply. (You will to upload a copy of your drivers license or similar document to provide Date of Birth - I took a CLEAR cellphone pix and uploaded it)

https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

2017 Senior Pass JPG.jpg

Thank you hjames for that information!! I turned 62 in May and I intend to get right on that..

Thank you hjames for that information!! I turned 62 in May and I intend to get right on that..

Y'all have shared so much good stuff with me, that when I ran across this from a friend online, I had to share it here ...

Glad I fit the requirements ... (62 in 2016) Emma's been so busy on the weekends I'm not sure we'd get to Skyline Drive Ranger station before the end of August!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Heather. I see that one can get the pass at most National Park locations in person. ( The locations are listed on the website.) I think I'll take a ride to Antietam or Catoctin Mountain Park to get mine. ( I turned 62 last year also- '54 was a good year!)

Y'all have shared so much good stuff with me, that when I ran across this from a friend online, I had to share it here ...

Glad I fit the requirements ... (62 in 2016)
Yeah it is one of those rare times when getting older is kinda nice! :beerchug:

Thanks. I have one on order. The on-line process has been updated, really easy to navigate through. Just hope it comes to the right shipping address as I moved recently.

Thanx for the heads up. Just ordered mine.

Couple items worth noting.
- The website says they're kinda backed up right now, so save your email receipt and be patient.
- There IS a $10 processing fee that may be a bit confusing when you check out. I missed that in the small print and thought I had somehow ordered two passes.

One helluva deal in any case.

it IS an event, because the current charge for a National Park Service LIFETIME Senior Pass is $10 ($20 total if you apply online) and its going to raise to $80 on August 27, 2017

The Senior Pass has cost $10 ($20 if purchased online) since 1994. It gives U.S. citizens 62 and older LIFETIME admission to parks such as Yellowstone, Yosemite and Lassen.

Legislation passed by Congress in December 2016 increases the cost of the pass to $80 as of Aug. 28. Until then, the Senior Pass can be purchased for $10 at a national park that charges an entrance fee.
Order NOW if you think you want one at this amazing fee - there are DELAYS due to the unprecedented demand to get in under the wire.

All eligible Senior pass orders postmarked before August 27 will be processed at the $10 price. Lifetime Senior pass orders postmarked after August 27 will be processed at the $80 price. Additional processing fees of $10 apply. (You will to upload a copy of your drivers license or similar document to provide Date of Birth - I took a CLEAR cellphone pix and uploaded it)

https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

View attachment 965621

Just ordered ours. Thanks a bunch Heather.

I didn't see anything about a $10 processing fee. I have the email receipt for $20.

Item Product Description Quantity Unit Unit Price Total Price
1 209290 KIT, SENIOR PASS, HANGTAG CUSTOMER NAME 1 EA $0.00 USD/EA $0.00 USD
2 237069 SPECIAL DOCUMENT PROCESSING FEE 1 EA $10.00 USD/EA $10.00 USD
3 237066 SENIOR PASS - WITH CUSTOMER NAME PRINTED 1 EA $10.00 USD/EA $10.00 USD
4 206957 PASS HANGTAG 1 EA $0.00 USD/EA $0.00 USD
5 233700 ANNUAL PASS BROCHURE 1 EA $0.00 USD/EA $0.00 USD

==================================
ORDER TOTAL$20.00 USD

I took a drive to the Antietam National Battlefield , about a twenty mile trip each way. When I was buying the pass, I asked how many they were selling. They replied that yesterday they had sold over one hundred. It cost only ten bucks buying it in person, and it was a nice morning for a drive. ( I took the back roads & came back a different way.)

Way too young here. I just paid $80 for a yearly pass, since I'm visiting several parks this year. (Picked up the pass at Badlands NP, have visited Yellowstone NP and am visiting Arches NP and Canyonlands NP in the next day or two, followed by Bryce Canyon and Zion NPs later in the week, Grand Canyon next week, and visiting a few more in October as well. And if I can travel early enough next summer, I may get back to Acadia NP.)

It's a great deal, but...to be honest, I don't mind paying a bit, only because it helps support the parks. I do it locally for our Metroparks in southeast Michigan, altough for me, the $35/year pass gets a workout since I visit dozens of times per year (cycling, mostly). I would still pay $80 for a senior pass if I were eligible, age-wise...but yeah, my cheap side definitely would have jumped on this $10 pass if it were possible. ;)

The senior pass gets a free guest as well. My mother bought one when we went to the Edison museum last year. It also gets you onto Skyline Drive.

Back
Top Bottom