Central Ohio Audio Enthusiasts

I'm in Akron Ohio and wished I had a group of audio buddies that would roll to estate sales or just get together to talk shop. I'm 27 and no one my age cares like I do. I'm always trying to inspire those ones who don't know though.

God we used to post all the time in AK to actually get people to come. Most of our meets around Cleveland had between 5 -10 people max, even though 27 people said they would come.

So true. I wish we had had more. Tho, the few I was able to make were awesome. And the people I met, honorable and enthusiastic. The barn meet in Kent, was fantastic.

I f someone was to host I would definitely...try to make it. :)

I wouldn't limit it to 'mid-fi.' Invite anyone and everyone interested in audio.

Food.

Swap tables.

Relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.

If you have all that, it should work! :thumbsup:

I'd personally love to help get the ball rolling for a way to get everyone willing to meet together. Find a place mutually agreed upon as most convenient location and get everyone together.

Hardly anybody, let alone my age, are interested in this hobby, so getting together with other like minded individuals would be really great.

I would really like to get together and talk vintage audio and music.

I am in Central Ohio 50 miles northeast of Columbus. Modified CD players, tube preamps and push pull 6BQ5, 6L6, 10GK6, 12AV5, 12V6, 14C5 amps, a few DIY speakers but mostly refurbished speakers from 1950 through the early 1980's. My keepers are Bozak B-302/ B-313/ B-401/ B-201, ADS L810, Frazier Mk 4, Speakerlab model 4 and 6, DLK 1 1/2, EV Sentry 2 and 2A and some above mentioned DIY builds. A couple tube headphone amps and modded grado headphones completes my stash.

In addition, I have refurbished Advent 2002 and 4002, Avid 103, RTR series 3 A,B and E, Rectilinear 3 highboys/ 2 different vintages, Fisher 11C, Bozak B-301, Synergistics S-51, Heathkits, Olson's, Klipsch KG 4.2, Nova 7's and Boston Acoustics A-150 ..... all of which are sold or traded except the last two listed.

Bozak's are my passion and I can tell you just about anything about them .... model B-302 or below. I do not have room for the big 8 tweeter type Bozak's or I would have some.

Interestingly, I do not like the internet rage/ Tobin mod to the crossover. The mod may work fine on SS amps but the mod sounds all wrong with my tube amps.

I have a hit list of great speakers I want to redo and I have done most of them. The only thing I like better than audio is my dogs.

I’m in the Cleveland area and would be interested. I get to Central OH on business regularly.

Back
Top Bottom