Hurricane Harvey

Please have everyone in Harvey's path in your thoughts and prayers.

David

I know you are new to the area, so hope this is helpful -

Even though you are away from the coast, you could be in for some gusty winds and heavy rain as this moves inland. You'd be well served to spend some time securing patio furniture and the like. When the rain comes, be careful driving and don't drive into water over the road- it can be deeper and faster moving than it appears.

Good luck to all. This one looks like it's going to be historic.

Looks like Austin is getting ready to get slammed. Hope everyone pulls through this. Winds are just starting to pick up for us. They still can't figure out what's going to happen to San Antonio. Hearing anywhere from 3-12" of rain.

Rather nice to be inside relaxing....and getting some of the projects done.
Wind and rain...no power outage here yet (Just SE of Houston)..
Garage may get a little dusty...got some cutting and sanding to do.

I know you are new to the area, so hope this is helpful -

Even though you are away from the coast, you could be in for some gusty winds and heavy rain as this moves inland. You'd be well served to spend some time securing patio furniture and the like. When the rain comes, be careful driving and don't drive into water over the road- it can be deeper and faster moving than it appears.

Good luck to all. This one looks like it's going to be historic.

Yes, very good info, thanks for posting and sharing.

Also make sure you have your hand held phones fully charges ( maybe have an extra external backup battery) and have a couple of working flashlights as well or candles (yes even camping lanterns will help) just in case you lose electrical power. Pack an ice chest with a few bags of ice as well.

Good Luck and stay safe on riding this out.

Organizations providing relief for this storm (and for other regional disasters like wildfires in the west) are going to be stretched thin as they operate shelters, feed local residents, and support the affected communities. Harvey will move off the national news soon, but the need for help will remain for weeks.

If you are willing and able to help, relief organizations say the best thing you can do is send money so they can buy what they need based on local needs. This article has a short list of responding organizations along with contact points for donations or volunteer opportunities.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-how-help-victims-hurricane-harvey/603879001/

Thank you.

Here around Austin, we're getting slammed right now. I've had 8 inches of rain since the start. We are currently under a Tropical Storm Warning here in Hays County, just south of Austin, and the wind is pretty fierce. No real break in the rain for the last 2-3 hours.

I'm sure we will make it through with nothing major here at the house. Down on the coast, those people are hurting. My wife was looking at a CBS aerial video from Rockport - it will be a while getting it built back up. She also found some pictures someone posted of Port Aransas, our usual vacation spot on the coast - it's seriously devastated.

Alan

LIVE STREAM TO 14.325 WEATHER NET

Code:
http://kc0yhm.ham-radio-op.net:88/broadwave.mp3?src=1&rate=1?.mp3

PASTE LINK INTO YOUR PLAYER....

Back
Top Bottom