2017 Mid Atlantic AK FALL Gathering October 15th - 12 noon till 5-6 pm !!!

Ohighway

Wannabe Minimalist
Subscriber
Ok people, it's time for my fall get together.....

Date and time: Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017 from around 12 noon until 5-6pm.

Location: West Friendship, Maryland ~ 17 miles West of Baltimore off I-70.

We ask anyone attending to bring food (main dish - side dish - or dessert) or bring drinks. Also, as parking is limited near my house, please park up on the street and walk down to the house.

Bring a big car, truck, or trailer. I'm gonna' have a lot of stuff up for sale this fall.

Rick

Last edited:
YAY!!! Thanks for doing this again, Rick!
And thanks for NOT offering the Richmond Celtic fest weekend of Oct 28/29!
Any of the others would be great - tho usually better on Satday than a Sunday ...

I'm probably going to be another person who has no issue with any of those dates or either day.

I think I'd need to worry about having a good sized bankroll as opposed to what I drive. :D

Doggone-it - now Oct 21/22 is out for me ... (as is Oct 28/29!) ;)

Last edited:
Great! Bring the truck,eh? I will be there ,which ever date.

Glad you'll be able to make it. I still need to get that crossover from you if you're finished with it.

Yeah, bring a bigger vehicle if you're interested. I've got a bunch of stuff I want to start selling off. Really need to make a bit of room around here. A bit of everything......tuners, lots of speakers, solid state goodies, tube amps and maybe even tube receivers, a cassette deck or two, possibly some turntables....... various odds and ends. I guess I should post a list somewhere...

Last edited:
hey - anyone in this thread wanna do me a solid and pickup an ebay item in Severn, MD?

seller says he won't ship.

then we have to figure out how to get it to me in Toronto, or maybe i'll even make a road trip. I was thinking about making it down, it's a lot of driving, but i figured i could make a weekend of it.

also, that list would be helpful, as would the address of the meetup.

yes, i am crazy.

In before the close, oh wait we're not talking cables, so in before the end of page one. I'll see if any conflicts arise. Thanks, Rick.

Yep, the crossover has your name on it Rick. The only printed manual I have is in lots of languages I can't use, but there is a PDF english version available.

Rick, I have a set of Altec 291-16K drivers with Symbiotek diaphragms, not sure if they are 8 or 16 ohm, have to check. I might be persuaded to trade them for something interesting. Big as bowling balls and heavy to at 30lbs each.

BillWojo

Bill let me look those up as I'm not well versed in Altec. Probably need the 16 ohm stuff.....

I think Heather's vote counts more, but I'll be in MI for the first two options, so I vote 21/22! I've gone a little nuts in the last few months, so I imagine I'll bring a thing or two that I'll try to convince people to take home!

I can make any of these dates, as long as I don't have to walk the 6.3 miles to the speaker place.

With my travel schedule anything beyond next week is too far into the future for me but I will try to be there if I can. Thanks again Rick for opening the Speaker Emporium to the general public and hosting this event once again!

When Steve talks about walking am I to be allowed to park the Impala by the house? Because I will never manage that long driveway. They even got me a wheel chair tag for the car.

Back
Top Bottom