What are you drinking now?

I'm drinking iced tea. I'm really into that if no one's noticed. :p
I grew up on that powdered/sugared instant Nestea stuff. That's probably what pickled my brain over the years. :D

These days I make my own with tea bags and Splenda. We go through a gallon of it every two or three days around here. I rarely have Diet Pepsi anymore now. And it's handy--if I want some hot tea, I just pop it in the microwave for a minute. I do have some specialty teas I will make once in a great while.

I grew up on that powdered/sugared instant Nestea stuff. That's probably what pickled my brain over the years. :D

These days I make my own with tea bags and Splenda. We go through a gallon of it every two or three days around here. I rarely have Diet Pepsi anymore now. And it's handy--if I want some hot tea, I just pop it in the microwave for a minute. I do have some specialty teas I will make once in a great while.

Oh, I am definitely a tea guy. I used to drink coffee, but stopped drinking it around the age of 20. It's a weird thing now. I like the smell of coffee, but I no longer like the taste! lol For me to enjoy a coffee now, it has to have two creams and two sugars in it (called a "double-double" here in Canada), and after that, it's barely even coffee. lol TBH, I think I've only had about 6-7 cups of coffee in the last 15+ years. I drink lots of hot tea in the cooler months, and lots of iced tea in the warmer months. They just go hand in hand. Once the warmer months come, my body automatically switches to iced tea once it starts hitting the 70F/21C range. Same thing with when the cooler months come, my body just craves hot tea and switches over. The next week here is going to be in the 75-81F/24-27C range, so I'll be drinkin' me some iced tea for sure. :p During the cooler months, I drink all kinds of teas. Mostly black tea like orange pekoe, English or Irish breakfast tea, but I am partial to a good Earl Grey too. I've tried flavored teas for iced tea, but I don't really like them. For me, it's gotta' be a good quality and strong black tea of some kind, made strong enough to make you pucker. :p Add a little ice though, and it mellows out perfectly. That's the key. ;)

Try to guess what I'm drinking right now! :p
Ummm...cucumber juice? :D

We usually just go with some black tea from the supermarket (Red Rose, as of late). It's adequate. I agree on the flavored teas. I do like some when served hot but, definitely not for iced tea. In fact, I have two from a local upscale market, one has a cacao bean flavor, the other has cacao bean and vanilla--I call them both "diet hot chocolate." ;) But for iced tea, I just like it with the black tea and sweetener, no lemon. Guess they call that "sweet tea" down south. I don't mind lemon at all, but found that the tea just tasted better with sweetener. (We go with Splenda here. I have to watch my sugar intake.)

Ummm...cucumber juice? :D

How did you guess??? :eek: ;)

We usually just go with some black tea from the supermarket (Red Rose, as of late). It's adequate. I agree on the flavored teas. I do like some when served hot but, definitely not for iced tea. In fact, I have two from a local upscale market, one has a cacao bean flavor, the other has cacao bean and vanilla--I call them both "diet hot chocolate." ;) But for iced tea, I just like it with the black tea and sweetener, no lemon. Guess they call that "sweet tea" down south. I don't mind lemon at all, but found that the tea just tasted better with sweetener. (We go with Splenda here. I have to watch my sugar intake.)

I used to use Red Rose until the company got bought out and the flavor changed. There's not as much tea in the bags as there used to be, and the quality changed as well. Now I just use an orange pekoe tea from a brand named Tata (which bought Red Rose BTW). It's strong, cheap (I can get a box of 216 bags on sale for like $4-$5!), and it makes nice iced tea. My favorite for iced tea used to be PG Tips, but for whatever reason, finding it in the stores here is like finding plutonium. :confused: Now I just use Tata.

999999-57174036007.jpg

My better half went to Nashville over the summer and brought this back. Not my favorite (it's a bit on the sweet side), but it's not too bad.

IMG_20170912_211042-01.jpeg

How did you guess??? :eek: ;)... My favorite for iced tea used to be PG Tips, but for whatever reason, finding it in the stores here is like finding plutonium. :confused: Now I just use Tata.

I get my PG Tips on Amazon. It's very reasonably priced if you buy fairly large quantities.

Back
Top Bottom