Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Anybody 'deep carry' a folder like this? Benchmade doesn't offer a deep clip for the Mini-Grip. Would anyone know whether one for a different model would fit?

Or point me toward a good source for this info, please?

This Reminds me of My Old Timer I got from My Dad.........I Miss My Dad.

SC-8OTB-small.jpg

,Mike. :smoke:
wow , I just happen to be staring at an Old Timer knife in front of me . It was my step-fathers . Are they a good knife ?
297578_ts.jpg

Mine has NRA on the main blade .

I carried mine for about 50 years, and it was in fine shape, and worthy of being passed on to a new owner. It's like anything else, I guess, from that time period. Built to last, and, if you take care of it, it will.

Yes, there are folks out there who will do various mods for you, including new clips. Here`s one list, there are more out there....
http://zknives.com/knives/links/mods.shtml

One of my Benchmades with a deep carry clip, I think this one was from "Tuffthumbz", who unfortunately, has closed his books and is not taking on any more work....

View attachment 985480

View attachment 985481
Thanks for the tip. I'll peruse the list. I found myself on a forum called everydaycarry.com. (Imagine that!) and learned that Benchmade has some clips that fit the Mini-Griptilian, and they ship them out, for free. I saw a pic of a titanium one that intrigued me, for less than $10. Man! This is worse than audio!

Then you can factor in cars, motorcycles, guns, custom-built bicycles, and old film cameras
I can get past all of these, no problem.
Cars - Big deal when I was young. Then I discovered girls. Cars would have been cheaper
Motorcycles - Learned I have a serious speed jones. Still do. I stay off of motorcycles
Guns - I'm Canadian. Not easy to come by, over here.
Custom-built bicycles - I'd settle for a stock one. I need to be about 40 pounds lighter.
Old film cameras - My old film cameras were purchased new.

For me, 'knives' meant kitchen knives. My father's knife was always enough, in my pocket. Now I have to get comfortable with this Mini-Grip. I'll get there, but it will take a while, I think. I don't see me collecting an array of pocket knives, but I definitely see the attraction.

Today, it`s an old (circa around 1980) Gerber Bolt-Lock, a collaboration between Gerber and Blackie Collins. I`m pretty sure this was the first folder I ever owned with a full-flat grind on the blade (most folders in those days were hollow-ground, in the fashion of the Buck 110). When I first used it, I remember thinking "Man, this thing slices like CRAZY !"

upload_2017-8-18_20-41-18.png

wow , I just happen to be staring at an Old Timer knife in front of me . It was my step-fathers . Are they a good knife ?
297578_ts.jpg

Mine has NRA on the main blade .
A Schrade "Old Timer" made in upstate NY. A classic that has stood the test of time. Last I checked Schrades are now manufactured in China, like so much else today.

A Schrade "Old Timer" made in upstate NY. A classic that has stood the test of time. Last I checked Schrades are now manufactured in China, like so much else today.

I would also prefer American-made knives, but in the last couple of years, I have seen some damned fine blades coming out of both Taiwan and mainland China. Manufacturers such as Kizer, Reate, Stedemon, and even Spyderco are offering very respectable blades from China.
I`ve been considering purchasing one of these;

The full-Titanium version with S35VN blade runs just over $200, they also have a less-pricey Vanguard series (with G10 handles, liner-lock, and VG-10 steel) for around $80, which is a good deal for a knife of this quality.

Back
Top Bottom