New York City metro area gathering.

And a couple more!
So the consensus was we all thought the Lodge was great, good location and pretty easy to get to, and we'll do it again next September.
I'll book it early so we have a date and everyone will know well in advance so they can set the date aside for more audio nirvana!

In the mean time, let's keep this going and find the next location for a possible winter NY area gathering.
Cheers gents! IMG_3682.jpg

Last edited:
And a couple more!
So the consensus was we all thought the Lodge was great, good location and pretty easy to get to, and we'll do it again next September.
I'll book it early so we have a date and everyone will know well in advance so they can set the date aside for more audio nirvana!

In the mean time, let's keep this going and find the next location for a possible winter NY area gathering.
Cheers gents!View attachment 1007101 View attachment 1007102
I'll table checking with the (church) auditorium I mentioned months ago. It's not an echo chamber like our first meetup space. It's in Westfield NJ.

One more thing I realized from this meet (like all others).........I wish I had a LOT more spare cash ..............or I have my priorities wrong. :(:(

:D

EDIT: wish = NEED

And, also that I have very, serious, serious psychological problem.......a vintage problem.

What a Pleasure to meet the faces of the Ak guys at a truly sweet venue.
Great bunch of guys with some Fine Eqpt! Kudos to all those who worked hard to bring/set up their gear for our pleasure.
Glen, thanks for all the work arranging and The Pics you posted say it all.
I'll be looking fwd and hoping for the opportunity to meet you all again at the next event.

Glen, that TT was the Best sounding Vinyl I've ever heard. and the sexiest looking audio system.
Tyler, I think David Sanborn would be proud to here is Sax flowing out of those Twin Wharefedales
Chris, You still want to sell those Altec Monos after hearing them purr with the tube Pre amp? Lol
Denis

What a Pleasure to meet the faces of the Ak guys at a truly sweet venue.
Great bunch of guys with some Fine Eqpt! Kudos to all those who worked hard to bring/set up their gear for our pleasure.
Glen, thanks for all the work arranging and The Pics you posted say it all.
I'll be looking fwd and hoping for the opportunity to meet you all again at the next event.

Glen, that TT was the Best sounding Vinyl I've ever heard. and the sexiest looking audio system.
Tyler, I think David Sanborn would be proud to here is Sax flowing out of those Twin Wharefedales
Chris, You still want to sell those Altec Monos after hearing them purr with the tube Pre amp? Lol
Denis
Thanks Denis!
The pleasure was mine! I 2nd your comments, thanks for the effort bringing and setting up your gear to hear and sell!
The KLH's, damn! 4 woofers per cab! Impressive and driven by the Fisher tubes was perfect!

I was very happy the Lodge worked out. If this becomes a tradition and grows, which I hope, it's good to know there's another big room!

Glenn

One more thing I realized from this meet (like all others).........I wish I had a LOT more spare cash ..............or I have my priorities wrong. :(:(

:D

EDIT: wish = NEED

And, also that I have very, serious, serious psychological problem.......a vintage problem.
Oh it's ok! We're here to support each other! You are not alone!

Oh, yes!! @GD70
Thanks for the absolute great pics ! I did not even see you take them. And the cabin looks so wonderful in the pics.........

Excellent !

Great meeting you guys. I purchased a Bill Evans album from a gentleman, tall, grey hair. However, I also stole another album - Skatalites, marked as $10. I had been looking at it and put it aside in my pile by accident.

If someone could let me know who it was, I'd like to get him his $10.

Hey Gents,

A couple people paid me cash when they arrived. I know Tom B. did, can't remember who else it was, one other person and ???

I want to tally up the funds so we can make the donation to the kegger family fund.

Thanks, Glenn

Looks like a great event and I'm sorry I couldnt attend this year, maybe next year my life will be a little less complicated. I'm glad the acoustics were an improvement over the church basement!

Looks like a great event and I'm sorry I couldnt attend this year, maybe next year my life will be a little less complicated. I'm glad the acoustics were an improvement over the church basement!
The lodge worked out well. Plenty of space, easy to get to.
I have to wait until January 2nd to reserve it for next September, around the same date.
Hope you can make it to the next year.
I'd like to give it a specific name, maybe simple like "Blue Mountain Lodge Fest". If anyone has other suggestions, please chime in!
Again, thanks to those that attended to make the first gathering a great time!
Glenn

Back
Top Bottom