Zu Audio Speakers...Not a Discussion!

beauty!

My Marantz is probably 30+ wpc after it gets restored, about double the purported wpc of your Marantz 2015.

hmm....

I suppose only one way to find out. No chance to audition them first, although I guess they have the exchange policy... but I wouldn't want to waste there time or mine. I have heard they are pretty good on email so maybe they know better... they had a Marantz amp in a company YouTube video... so I imagined it would be a good pairing... I am such a newbie to this stereo equipment stufff....

double checked the video... the Marantz they (Zu Audio) used in the company YouTube video was a Marantz 2245 which has a purported 45 wpc...

Thanks for the tip on the Musical Paradise Amp. I am from Canada so this makes it an easy choice. I will be giving MP a call in the near future to discuss this amp a little more and see what happens...

beauty!

My Marantz is probably 30+ wpc after it gets restored, about double the purported wpc of your Marantz 2015.

hmm....

I suppose only one way to find out. No chance to audition them first, although I guess they have the exchange policy... but I wouldn't want to waste there time or mine. I have heard they are pretty good on email so maybe they know better... they had a Marantz amp in a company YouTube video... so I imagined it would be a good pairing... I am such a newbie to this stereo equipment stufff....
Sean and the guys at Zu are great to deal with, I meet the team in chicago a few years ago and they are just good guys and will help in anyway possible.

As I've said more than once, your setup probably takes the listener to another place, Smitty43. Now all I ask is that you place the copy of Synchronicity on the turntable, turn up the volume just a tad, and make sure to play both sides.
Thanks KDAC! I will play that tonight ..

I've heard Zu Speakers are awesome for listening to quietly...

Can anyone confirm this??? I suppose it has to do with that high efficiency...

As you can tell from the picture of my room I have a near field setup. I don't listen to the Zu's loud and even with the musical paradise at 6.5 watts it can get very loud.

yes. but can it create good sound quietly??

I live in a condo and enjoy speakers but usually keep them down pretty low.

:)

Depends on what you call quietly? I have 3 sets of speakers now and the Zu's are my favorite. I own Legacy HD's and Def tech's and the Zu's wins hands down jm2c.

Back
Top Bottom