New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday September 30th is in Clinton (!)

A lot of good memories in that mill house, Fest or no Fest. Every day I drive past that place and occasionally still find myself looking to see if that green Subie is parked by the door. This was the best way to end the 8 year run and it will be good now to move on and start a new vibe and new traditions.

Huge thanks to Craig, Frank's great friend and work partner for many years. He was instrumental in selling some of the larger woodworking tools and getting the place organized. He offered a most respectful and heartfelt eulogy at his funeral. He is a good man.

A few pics from a memorable day in Clinton. Thanks to everyone involved with setting this up and a special thans to Frank's family for hosting us one last time to get some closure and for the display of photographs of Frank.....that was really nice to see.

IMG_6417.JPG IMG_6418.JPG IMG_6419.JPG IMG_6420.JPG IMG_6422.JPG IMG_6423.JPG IMG_6424.JPG

A couple more shots from last Saturday. I was there with my daughter, who scored a pair of nice little Mirage 90i speakers and a Denon cdp, all for $5 from a nice AK'er. Sadly, don't remember his nickname.
Did someone call the fire brigade? That barbecue was smokin'. Last shot of the mill...just down from the railroad tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_1884[1].jpg
    IMG_1884[1].jpg
    85 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1886[1].jpg
    IMG_1886[1].jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1897[1].jpg
    IMG_1897[1].jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 58
Yeah - Frank really liked his Concept equipment.
The more I read about the history of the Concept concept, the marketing challenges, economics of Pacific Stereo creating their own brand and the design parameters the more I realize that Frank was clearly on to something.
Glad some of us now are sampling the lemonaid.

Hope someone grabbed those ADS L980's! The listed price in Brian's list was a bargain!

$1000 is what the family wants for that Nak System One rack and it's a great deal at that price. If anyone wants to buy it at that price, say the word.

Thanks to all of us for making this day a successful one for Frank's family. They really appreciated that.

Correction. Some "after hours" bidding took place, and is still ongoing. The current price for a local sale is $1600. The potential buyer has until Sunday to decide, or the Nak Rack will be shipped off to a different buyer in Dallas, TX unless the number goes higher than $1600. This is a great thing for Frank's family.

Who had this table again?

That JVC integrated I bought from you sounds great!

index.php

Special thanks once again for fellow organizers and volunteers. Everyone's attendance makes this event a joy. I'm happy to know all of you. Frank really brought us all together in a unique and special way and for that we should all be grateful. Jeri Ann, Jamie, and Craig each individually told me that they were very happy with the result of the event, and thankful to have shared this experience with all of you. We have a great little community. Cheers, Brian

Correction. Some "after hours" bidding took place, and is still ongoing. The current price for a local sale is $1600. The potential buyer has until Sunday to decide, or the Nak Rack will be shipped off to a different buyer in Dallas, TX unless the number goes higher than $1600. This is a great thing for Frank's family.

That’s fantastic!!

Special thanks once again for fellow organizers and volunteers. Everyone's attendance makes this event a joy. I'm happy to know all of you. Frank really brought us all together in a unique and special way and for that we should all be grateful. Jeri Ann, Jamie, and Craig each individually told me that they were very happy with the result of the event, and thankful to have shared this experience with all of you. We have a great little community. Cheers, Brian
Couldn't agree more!

I’m having a total brain fart. Who was it that bought the black Nakamichi 600 series II tape deck after the silent auction was over?

I bought one and my friend Ray aka Mrpajamas bought one afterwards.

Thanks! Who won the bid? There were a few who were impressed with mine and were ga ga to find some!
Glenn

That was me! They're sitting in my living room now hooked up to my SX1250 and sound great.

That was me! They're sitting in my living room now hooked up to my SX1250 and sound great.
So glad you got them! How's their condition?
Let's see some pics of your setup, and now the obligatory video for the video thread!
Cheers, Glenn

So glad you got them! How's their condition?
Let's see some pics of your setup, and now the obligatory video for the video thread!
Cheers, Glenn

Considering age and all, they're in very nice shape. The grills have no dents, though the black cloth is gone on one of them. I actually like to see the drivers so that's no loss. There's a few minor paint abrasions so a respray might be in order but not really a requirement.

Drivers seem to be in great shape and the cabinets only have a few minor dings. For 40yo, it'd be hard to wish for better. Frank took good care of them.

I'll get a pic and video this weekend, but it'll look like this with the L980s in place of the JBLs.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom