KC area?

Ok, thanks for the reminder, I posted in this thread:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kansas-city-area-ping-thread.763796/#post-10421513

Which is actually the 'KC Area Ping Thread' not 'Twangfest'. Anyone who subscribed to that thread back when I first posted it will see a new post in their subscribed threads, and they will find a link in that thread to this one. The idea is that people who don't check the Events and Regional forums often will get a notice that there's something going on, rather than missing the whole thing.

Everyone in KC area should subscribe to that thread, and when something is going on, someone should post to it.

And here I is! ;) Have grand-daughter #1 on the way that may be here by the end of Oct, so playing it by ear here.

Well, poop. I have a work float trip scheduled for that day. I won't be miserable (except in the event of a downpour or sub-zero temps) but I'll be missing the audio fun nonetheless.

And thanks for the post in the KC ping thread, Tox!

It works! Look what the cat drug in! :bigok:

Hope the weather stays warm for that float. Had one two weekends ago, gorgeous.

About time to pay attention to audio . Kinda burned out on the political chat. October 28 works if you allow deserters to come back.

Kurtgo, are you set on the 28th or do you want to move plus or minus a week to try and catch a couple folks who couldn't make it? Everyone can't always make it so totally up to you, but whatever the date is, let's do it? :rockon:

I'm kinda gearing up for the 28th but if enough interest is generated I could probably talk the wife in to letting me do it Nov. 4th. You are correct, no matter what date we pick we are not going to get everyone.

Let's do it the 28th of October. PM me for an address to the house. I will call Jay and get some of my loaner tables, if he has them still, so we can set up some equipment tables. I think we can put up several systems throughout the house, garage and patio/decks. I probably have enough cables but not another preamp besides a receiver with preouts. Several amps with gobs of power so don't worry about that. Tox if you need those goofy XLR cables I have them but they are XLR's on both ends. Only 1 turntable. It should be easy to lug equipment around as I've got a hand dolly and a wheelbarrow!

For reference - I live on the golf course of Dubs Dread - 13th tee box. PM me for the exact address.

It will be great to see everyone again. It's been too long. Will we have thread on Barter town? I doubt I will be bringing anything to sell, but I have decided that some projects I have are beyond my capacity, and will be bringing them for adoption.

Hey Kurt
If you need someone to bring out some pre amps I have an apt holman and a Schiit sys or maybe a Van Alstine .
I was gonna ask if there will be any higher efficiency speakers out there. I recently had a magnavox se el 84 amp upgraded by Gordon W. I could bring.
On another subject, what's for dinner?:) I mean what do you need us to bring?
If you could between now and then you might shoot me the directions. Thanks for hosting this. Eric

Good points Eric. I haven't figured out food yet but will get a bunch of stuff. I have a large grill on the deck so can cook some stuff up as well. Someone wants to bring dessert/snack food that'd be great.

Here's what I have for speakers that can be moved around and plugged in - Dahlquist DQ-10 (belong to an AK'r in Chicago); main rig running Infinity RS1's (precursor to the RS1b); Paradigm Millenium 200; Golden Ear Triton Two; Infinity 7.1 Series II; Infinity RS 5 (if memory serves me correct) and a pair of Genesis APM's. Out of all of those the heaviest speaker - the Genesis APM is probably the most efficient, but, not by much! I used a pair of Bob Carver M180 tube monoblocks on the upper end but they put out 180 watts a piece.

I'm sure someone will bring some more efficient speakers so bring one of those amps. Be nice to hear. Tox probably will for sure.

I have two pre-amps in good condition....Sansui C-2101 and Parasound PL/D 1100.

3 pair of bookshelf speakers, ADS L-520, ADS L-710s, and some modded Baby Advents that I need opinions about....I think they rock.

I guess these count as efficient. They're portable anyway.

Will be a newbie to the group, but will try to make it. Anything I should or can bring? I have a hard drive full of tunes and a media player if needed.
Guy from Lawrence

Guy - bring it. While I have a NAS obviously it only has "my" tunes on it. Be kinda neat to try and see how your media player hooks up. I also have a FIIO DAP, which so far has been awesome.

Back
Top Bottom