2017 Mid Atlantic AK FALL Gathering October 15th - 12 noon till 5-6 pm !!!

First off my thanks to Amy and Rick for their hospitality and thanks to Steve for transportation. It was good to see everyone again and if it is any consolation those bees are over here at our place - after of all things bird seed.

To whoever bought the 707 I have a parts unit with very good heads and the price is right, just come and get it Oops I forgot I promised someone the faceplate and knobs but that still leaves the chassis, heads and motors.

Yeah Rick those stacked Allisons were excellent.

As to seeing everyone again in the spring I make no promises.

Thanks to Wolverine for making the long trip full of stories and side trips to estate sales, Rick for hosting and the long, enjoyable tour. You guys certainly know how to to a meetup! And thanks to Nate for the 330C project!

BTW Steve I found that transformer and we are both right, the wires are color coded but where every wire comes out the voltage is printed on the insulation. it is a heavy beast.

To anyone interested I have a bunch of miscellaneous transformers , many Yamaha free to a good home.

Last edited:
Thanks to Rick and Amy for another fantastic get together. The food and refreshments were great as always. And great conversations with a wonderful group of members made the day go by quick. Hope the Fl contingent is as much fun.

Thanks to Rick and Amy for another fantastic get together. The food and refreshments were great as always. And great conversations with a wonderful group of members made the day go by quick. Hope the Fl contingent is as much fun.

Great having you and glad you could make it immediately before moving. How far did you make it yesterday? Good luck in Florida !

Just stepped outside a few minutes ago. Wow. Can't believe how lucky we were with the weather. Rainy the day before, beautiful the day of the event, and now dreary, breezy damp and colder today. Lucky lucky....

Forgot to mention, we did have one casualty yesterday. Amy's fingertip. She cut about halfway through her fingertip in her haste to slice a tomato. I haven't checked with her this morning but last night she was debating as to whether to go have it stitched up or not.

Forgot to mention, we did have one casualty yesterday. Amy's fingertip. She cut about halfway through her fingertip in her haste to slice a tomato. I haven't checked with her this morning but last night she was debating as to whether to go have it stitched up or not.

Ouch!

I was sad to have missed it. Dad, just out of the hospital seemed a better place to be. Don't let an upper wisdom tooth get infected!

Amy: Please remember that fingertips get used a lot more often than you think, and it might be difficult to get a decent heal. I'd make a quick trip to the Dr's office, or ER, and trust them to make the right call.

That said, I really appreciate all the background work you were doing that made the Gathering such a success, and you were so quiet.

I didn't take a lot of pics this time, but I'd like to share:

P1060119.JPG P1060120.JPG P1060121.JPG P1060122.JPG P1060123.JPG P1060124.JPG P1060125.JPG P1060126.JPG
I certainly hope that the last minute re-pack of Keith's truck doesn't shift. Come back for a visit when you can.

Finally a chance to post. It does turn into a long day for me. Thanks again Rick and Amy! Nice day once again. Great seeing everybody again!IMG_5810.JPG IMG_5811.JPG IMG_5813.JPG IMG_5814.JPG IMG_5815.JPG

More still

Attachments

• IMG_5820.JPG
    IMG_5820.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5821.JPG
    IMG_5821.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5822.JPG
    IMG_5822.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5823.JPG