Do you sing along when listening to tunes?

Do you sing along when listening to tunes?

• Never

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Rarely only when it's a favorite

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Only in the car

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Often

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Always, even if I don't know the words I improvise what I think they are singing.

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
I just read a British article from "The Independent" that an undergraduate from Harvard Medical Research has found that people that more than enjoy music as in gettting chills, shivers and goosebumps when listening to their favorite music have an increased amount of fibers from their auditory cortex to the amygdala which processes emotions, which actually causes them to be more emotional about what they hear and feel. So singing along with the music is a normality for an audiophile....

Yes, and dance, air guitar you name it.
I was at the record store yesterday dancing, LOL, couldn't help it. They had a CD in called
Big Waves (Five Decades Of Surf Rock)
He gave it to me today, when I was talking about how good it was, maybe he was just being nice, or he doesn't want me dancing around the store....:rflmao:

Tracklist
1 –The Beach Boys Surfin' Safari 2:06
2 –Dick Dale & His Del-Tones Miserlou 2:13
3 –Duane Eddy Rebel Rouser 2:23
4 –Jørgen Ingmann Apache 3:01
5 –The Sandals Theme From "Endless Summer" 3:25
6 –The Marketts Out Of Limits 2:06
7 –The Ventures Walk Don't Run 2:04
8 –Jack Nitzsche The Lonely Surfer 2:35
9 –The Chantays Pipeline 2:19
10 –The Bel-Airs (2)* Mr. Moto 2:09
11 –The Lively Ones Surf Rider 3:18
12 –The Astronauts (3) Baja 2:27
13 –The Aqua Velvets Guitar Noir 4:40
14 –Pollo Del Mar A Flash Of Green 3:55
15 –The Vanduras La Planche 3:58
16 –Laika & The Cosmonauts N.Y. '79 3:41
17 –The Mermen Unto The Resplendent 5:41
18 –The Blue Hawaiians Martini Five-O 3:11

Come on you got to be dead if this doesn't move you, to do the Swim....

AshamedPerfumedAmericanshorthair.gif

That's why I got into audio equipment. I suck. I need to be able to drown myself out.

Sometimes I'll even be moved to pick up an instrument, generally percussion or guitar, and go at it. The voice is another instrument I'll use. I whistle pretty well too. Sometimes I'll use feet and dance.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Never, that's why I purchase material by those who can.

Also It's their story/message not mine so...

Doesn't mean I'm not moved by some lyrics and vocals :)

Last edited:
Hell, yes! :thumbsup: How can you not, esp if it's a tune:music: that ya like or know some or most of the words to? I just make them up if I run out.

Besides, read some where that singing's really great for you...it's right up there with laughing. Something to do with the immune system.

Q

sometimes, even if its just in my head. Kinda why I like instrumentals a lot of the time, my singing voice sucks, the internal one isn't any better.

I prefer Music to Songs so I don't know all the words to anything.

I whistle but don't sing along.

sometimes, even if its just in my head. Kinda why I like instrumentals a lot of the time, my singing voice sucks, the internal one isn't any better.

We ARE our own worst critic!

There's always someone who is worse than you, even if you think there isn't, so revel in the first part of this statement.

Q

Last edited:
I worked in the theater before I retired. I had to keep the light booth windows and door shut when a musical or concert was in building, because I would sing along. If the road show lighting staff operated in the booth, I would get yelled at for whistling along with the show. In the car, I am unstoppable. All the years of working around the theater ruined my voice due to the hours of yelling directions all around the building. I believe I have what are known as nodes on my larynx and my voice is very raspy.

Now don't throw rocks when I write this, but a bud got me into karaoke about a year back, so got a K set up integrated into a second system in the basement, and just love to go down and sing by myself. On a good day...maybe 6 outta 10, but I love to try songs and put a different twist on them from the orig.

Not a true karaoke junkie like my friend who hits these K places maybe two or three times a week...he likes the fame for the 3 to 4 mins while on the stage. I personally enjoy my basement scene better. Besides, I've killed the sound in my music room, so don't get much flack from the wifey. You know what they say about the happy...? Best money I ever spent on a house...the sound dampening insulation.

Ya don't have to be just a shower Elvis/Pavarotti/Sinatra...just some one who enjoys singing along with some fav tunes.:music:

My rant for the day, eh?

Q

I generally don't sing but my wife does all the time. She carries a tune quite well.
From time to time we'll dance to a favorite.....

We ARE our own worst critic!

There's always someone who is worse than you, even if you think there isn't, so revel in the first part of this statement.

Q
You can only say that because you haven't heard me. I make William Hung sound like your favorite vocalist in comparison.

Even The Shaggs told me to shut up...

Now don't throw rocks when I write this, but a bud got me into karaoke about a year back, so got a K set up integrated into a second system in the basement, and just love to go down and sing by myself. On a good day...maybe 6 outta 10, but I love to try songs and put a different twist on them from the orig...

Q
My main rig provides full karaoke capability.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom