Frankenstein MC2100 with tubes?

With no visable power supply filter caps this unit must be a Simon and Garfunkel one hit wonder......"the Sounds of Silence"

it is not a discover for me but with the web everything is possible ....This is an amplifier but no more a MC2100 MC INTOSH !

There is not that much room "under the deck" for that much power supply modifactions.

Without out a few more pictures this really is a perfect example of "buyer beware".

There is not that much room "under the deck" for that much power supply modifactions.

Without out a few more pictures this really is a perfect example of "buyer beware".

I wish it was an attractive and graceful use of the MC2100 chassis. I am a fan of inovation, but Frankenstein seems to be correct

I agree. It is not an MC2100 anymore: it's another beast.
Even the power transistors have been replaced so I entirely something else.

But I like this Frankenstein idea.

It is almost sold.

Another thing that I don't understand is the barrier strip connections. He has two red and one black. It should have 16, 8, and 4 plus the Comm. The Comm is below the other points -- he seems to have it at the top. Something odd has happened there.

No, how many 2100 total?

I've seen that one previously listed, I wouldn't doubt that quite few got reworked as being just another old obsolete amp before eventually hitting a landfill. We are somewhat unique with the regard we hold for these relics.
My solo MC50 was mod'ed as a county ballpark PA amp, f.i.

I would say the average price for a MC2100 is $650 online.

Some go closer to $900, some go closer to $500. There are plenty of rusty, found in a storage shed, buyer does not have the ability to test MC2100s out there. Fortunately, the are also some in pretty good shape.

I have rarely seen the amazing deal on a 2100. I believe that is why this amp sold for $420. Some people want a 2100, but they don't want to/ can not pay $650.

Was the 2100 Mac's best selling cash cow? The survival rate is pretty impressive, making it fairly common tho no Dyna ST70.

Back
Top Bottom