I can create a thread here but cannot access it - Moderators?

Hyperion

Roobarb & Custard
Subscriber
I just created a thread about thread access - but now I can't even read my own thread/post !!!

If you respond to this or the other one I will very likely not be able to respond. :(

John.

I can see them in the thread list but I can't access and read either - it seems like my permissions for my 'photobucket' thread is 'create' only, and something weird about my permissions for the 4-2-7 photobucket thread. :confused:

Thanks for the information. ( your post was OK - but I 'liked' it anyway - just for a test you understand :D)

Update:

If I once click on the "How To Fix Your Photobucket Images The Easy Way" thread - I cannot then click on the Avatar of my followed people and display a thumbnail of their info - but just get a windowed view of the forum list - this can be corrected if I log off, and then on again - but I still can't view the above thread, or view or make changes to the first new thread I posted about this issue.

Something screwy going on.

have you tried clearing cookies and cache etc ? or maybe another browser first .
Tried clearing cookies - no joy - can't see why changing browser would help...
logging out and back in might give something a jolt ..might not either but easy to try .
Done that, and it gives the effect as described above (partially fixes) - but I still can't open that thread, not important to me but it might be an indicator of something bigger happening in the background. - I have reported my post in this thread for attention/investigation.

did you post in the "How To Fix Your Photobucket Images The Easy Way" thread ? if so i dont see it .

did you post in the "How To Fix Your Photobucket Images The Easy Way" thread ? if so i dont see it .

No, that's the issue, I can't open that thread - and the thread I FIRST created reporting the issue as well, I could create the thread - but cannot now access it.

I tried your suggestion and SPOOKILY I can open the thread with IE 11 - but I'me not going to start using that heap of junk. :p

all i can suggest after clearing cache etc is restart your computer . i think something is stuck in there and causing some sort of clash or something .
only other thing i can suggest is uninstall your regular browser and install it again .

I'd opine that it woudl definitely be worthwhile for the op to try a different browser -- I've had irregularities on some sites using one browser (Chrome) that went away when accessed via another (Firefox, Edge). And, of course, there are other browser options, too.

Not much we can do, from this end, as nobody else has the problem. You've taken care of most of the usual suggestions.

Have you updated your browser, lately? If not, please try that.

Not much we can do, from this end, as nobody else has the problem. You've taken care of most of the usual suggestions.

Have you updated your browser, lately? If not, please try that.

Thanks Ernie, yes browser is regularly updated here - thanks for looking, and I agree that now it does seem more a 'local issue' than 'site based'. :)

Yes I can, and I have no problem with any other thread - just the Photobucket fix one (created by 4-2-7) and the one I created with a complaint that I couldn't access that thread - and when I navigated away from that thread it too became inaccessible to me. :confused:

If I click on the 4-2-7 thread (or my one) I just get bounced back to the 'forums' AK page.

I just tried clearing only my AK cookies - and restarting the browser, and logged in to AK or not I still can't access those two threads. :)

For me it is a small issue, I wouldn't waste more time on it than you can afford. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom