What's your favorite "B" movie?

Anything by John Waters ("Pink Flamingos" still remains in a league of it`s own after all these years :) )
All Charles Bronson films
All Tarantino films
"Payback" (Mel Gibson)
Berry Gordy`s "The Last Dragon"
"The King Of New York" (Christopher Walken)

Bit surprised this old thread didn't have more legs, only 4 pages. All my faves are covered... They Live, Buckaroo Banzai, Frogtown... 80s video. One more I don't see is The Beastmaster, 1982. Roommate had scammed some free pay cable channel and this was on, so we binge watched it like 8 times. Not up to the standard of contemporary Conan the Barbarian, but watchable. Probably many others I can't recall.... which is why they're B movies.

Also in thread, Orgazmo by the South Park guys. Their first flick, Cannibal! (a musical) was a serious hoot. Watch that one and you'll never build a snowman without humming a tune again.

Last edited:
Sadly, no one mentioned "Dark Star" - the best part is trying to locate all the household appliances used as star ship parts (vacuum cleaner parts, muffin tins, etc)

The Wraith was also (ahem) interesting...

foxy-brown.jpg

Any Ray Harryhausen movie and all those great 50s and early 60s sci-fi movies.

The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad
It Came From Beneath the Sea
Jason and the Argonauts
Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers
Them
Invaders From Mars (1953)
War of the Worlds (1953)

tumblr_mzxr95YRYb1qedb29o1_500.gif

I grew up on those. Jason an the Argonauts was a fave.

Hell, the majority of the movies I watch are probably considered B movies.:thumbsup:

My favorite that not many people know about is:

Moonrunners (1975)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071854/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It's the movie that the Dukes of Hazzard TV series was directly based on. It has a LOT of the same elements that the TV show had, although it is more "gritty" than the TV show.

Here's the trailer:

Similarities to the TV show include:
lots of car chases
an Uncle Jesse with two nephews
a corrupt/inept Sheriff Rosco Coltrane
a Boss Hogg like character that drives a white Caddy
a Boar's Nest
a Cooter character
running 'shine
Waylon Jennings is the narrator/balladeer
Ben Jones (Cooter from the TV show) plays a small part as a revenue agent

Unfortunately, for some reason, this movie has never had an official DVD or Bluray release.:wtf: It is only available as a DVD-R rip of an ancient VHS release, which must be extremely rare as I've never come across a copy anywhere, including Ebay. The DVD-R is usually available on Ebay, sometimes on Amazon, and some Dukes of Hazzard fan sites like Cooter's Place. I also downloaded it from a torrent site (not that I condone doing that), and it was obviously sourced from the same DVD-R that I bought.

Bubba Ho-Tep (2002), starring Bruce Campbell as Elvis Presley,

Among my top 10 movies of all time. Bruce and Ossie are fantastic in this classic. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't read through all of the pages, but I'd throw in Kung Fu Hustle - another instant classic.

The Favour, The Watch and the Very Big Fish. (Loved everyone in the movie, especially Jeff Goldblum)

There were also several from HandMade Films (George Harrison's company) that are nearly impossible to find: How to Get Ahead in Advertising and The Long Good Friday come to mind. Time Bandits of course, but I think that's easier to find.

Back
Top Bottom