Random movie quotes....

Oh, okay ... I didn't think that was actually the answer. Let's see ...

"**** me gently with a chainsaw! Do I look like Mother Teresa?"

Heathers, of course.

"When a man is born, he is weak and supple, when he dies – he is strong and callous. When a tree grows, it is tender and gentle, and when it is dry and hard, it dies. Hardness and strength are companions of death, suppleness and weakness express the freshness of living. That is why what has hardened, will not win"

Oops! Sorry for the delay.

No, but you are right that it was not in English. Originally spoken in Russian.

Oops! Sorry for the delay.

No, but you are right that it was not in English. Originally spoken in Russian.

"When a man is born, he is weak and supple, when he dies – he is strong and callous. When a tree grows, it is tender and gentle, and when it is dry and hard, it dies. Hardness and strength are companions of death, suppleness and weakness express the freshness of living. That is why what has hardened, will not win"
Still need to solve this one before we move on, guys.

I remember reading bout a Russian who wrote about how an Alder tree can be bent if done in stages. I wonder if this is the writer I am thinking about. He also is worldwide known for his book. Hmmm? Getting close?

Q

Okay, took me awhile becase the quote is actually "weak and flexible" and I was using that as part of the key phrase, but it's from Stalker (1979) and appears to be derived from a Lao-Tzu quotation. The film was originally released in Russian with subtitles, so I don't feel too bad about getting skunked on this one.

Here's something a little less challenging:

"Go, and never darken my towels again!"

Last edited:
Okay, took me awhile becase the quote is actually "weak and flexible" and I was using that as part of the key phrase, but it's from Stalker (1979) and appears to be derived from a Lao-Tzu quotation. The film was originally released in Russian with subtitles, so I don't feel too bad about getting skunked in this one.

Here's something a little less challenging:

"Go, and never darken my towels again!"
Ah yes....Rufus T. Firefly (the inimitable Groucho Marx), in "Duck Soup"

new quote:
"Add just a punch of salt"

Sorry! I didn't mean to drop an impossible quote and leave, but I was called away for a couple of weeks. I am glad that someone finally Googled it. Stalker is an amazing movie.

Back
Top Bottom