Christmas Movies

homebrew

Well it's that time of the year. Got any favorite holiday movies?

Mine are "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott as Scrooge and Nat Lamp's "Christmas Vacation".

I have a few...

I love the "A Chrismas Carol" with Alistair Sim. Of course, "It's A Wonderful Life". And there was a movie Jason Robards made with Eva Marie Saint called "A Christmas To Remember".

It's a Wonderful Life, Fallen Angel, Borrowed Hearts, White Christmas, It Happened on 5th Avenue, Christmas in Connecticut, The Shop Around the Corner, If You Believe, Loveactually, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street. And the wife been watching the hallmark channels for the Christmas movies since they started Christmas movies last month. A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version). And can't forget Scrooged of course.

I have a few...

I love the "A Chrismas Carol" with Alistair Sim. Of course, "It's A Wonderful Life". And there was a movie Jason Robards made with Eva Marie Saint called "A Christmas To Remember".
1951 - Alistair Sim - the absolute bestest version I've ever seen. I first saw it as a kid and the scene with Marley and the chains scared the crap of me. Sim is over the top - my wife and I both love this version.

1951 - Alistair Sim - the absolute bestest version I've ever seen. I first saw it as a kid and the scene with Marley and the chains scared the crap of me. Sim is over the top - my wife and I both love this version.

I totally agree with you that this is the best version. That moment when Marley shrieks is incredible.

Last edited:

HAS to be the B&W version.

I'll second the original "Miracle On 34th St.", "It's A Wonderful Life", "White Christmas", and "It Happened On 5th Avenue". I'll thrown in "March Of The Wooden Soldiers", "Meet Me In St. Louis", and "The Homecoming".

Back
Top Bottom